homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
ss.org Irregular

Nonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
NGD Schecter Hollywood Classic Red (Waaaaaay late)

I've been meaning to get off my ass and take pics of this for weeks. I traded in my Schecter Damien 7 during GuitarCenter's trade-up promotion. I decided it wasn't worth dumping money into the Damien to replace what I didn't like about it so I opted to get a nice 6 string and save up for what I want in a 7 string. I got this, after the promotion and the sale price were figured in for like $380. With warranty it was still under $500. Not too shabby imo.

Specs:

Construction/Scale : Neck-Thru/25.5"
Body : Mahogany w/Solid Flamed Maple Wings
Neck : Multi-Laminate Maple w/Wenge & Walnut
Fingerboard : Ebony
Frets : 24 Jumbo
Inlays : MOP "Schecter Crest" at 12th fret
Pickups : Seymour Duncan SH-11/SH-1N
Electronics : Vol/Tone (tap)/3-way switch
Bridge : TonePros w/Thru-body
Binding : Creme (Neck/Headstock)
Tuners : Grover
Hardware : Chrome
Color: See-Thru Red

And now the pics:

Cat Approves

Nonservium is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
....ing lame......

That you didn't share this with us earlier. Congrats on the not soooo new guitar.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
Kramer fan

cubo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice one do you tune it standard or lower?

EDIT: Nice tomcat also

Marshall rulezzz
cubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
ss.org Irregular

Nonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of light
This and my acoustic are both tuned to Drop-C. I'm using Elixir 11's on the SHC atm and it's tight, no floppage or buzzing. I love the pick-ups on this thing. I, at one point, was going to buy some BKP's since I got such a good deal on the guitar but he more I've played these I don't think I want to.

That tomcat is the laziest cat I've ever had.
Unread 04-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
ss.org Regular

drenzium can only hope to improve
BEAST of a guitar! probably the best model they've put out to date, thumbs up from me

do the numbers of the seymour duncans mean a custom and a jazz? im just assuming here. if so, they are solid pickups as they are.

Check out my band. Add us!
drenzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
ss.org Irregular

I honestly haven't found a lot of information on the pick-ups and would like to know myself. I am loving the coil tap on them though I can tell you that much for sure :-P

Overall its one of the heaviest (weight-wise) 6 strings I've ever held. It just feels good all the way around.
Unread 04-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
ss.org Regular

drenzium can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonservium View Post
I honestly haven't found a lot of information on the pick-ups and would like to know myself. I am loving the coil tap on them though I can tell you that much for sure :-P

Overall its one of the heaviest (weight-wise) 6 strings I've ever held. It just feels good all the way around.
just googled the numbers. its a custom custom in the bridge, and a 59 in the neck. both very good pickups from SD. unless you're really anal about tone, i wouldn't worry about BKP's, they should get the job done.

best of luck with the guitar!

Check out my band. Add us!
drenzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
ss.org Irregular

Thanks for the info man, I really appreciate that. I don't have any intention of replacing them. I was just stuck on the bkp's for a while lol.
Unread 04-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #9
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
That's the one Schecter I really really like - the red looks amazing. I particularly like the green and blue one, though
Adam Of Angels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
ss.org Irregular

There's a green and blue one??! I'd love to see that. I was trying to get them to get me a black one but they didn't have any left. In the end, I'm happy with the red.
Unread 04-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Well, don't quote me on the blue one, but I've seen several in green and its beautiful. I'd say you go the better one between that and a black.
Unread 04-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #12
ss.org Irregular

Is one the models you were thinking of?

Thats a hollywood custom and the color is black aqua I believe.
Unread 04-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #13
The GAS Man

Oh no, what I'm thinking of is the Anniversary model. I'm almost positive that's what yours is - if not, one or the other is designed after the other.
Unread 04-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #14
Pronounced "FEE"

BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Congrats on the sorta-NGD. LOL. I had the same model, same color, and that was such a beautiful guitar. Too bad the neck was too chunky for my girly hands.

Self-appointed member of the Sevenstring.org Welcoming Committee
(alongside Bloody_Inferno, Zealous, Shawn, Apophis, AliceAxe, M3CHKILLA, Fred the Shred, Explorer, and Sebastian) ROFL

My Policy: If you make me laugh in a post or offer something interesting/thought-provoking, you get Rep +1. Pretty simple, right? Waiting now for incoming barrage of funny jokes.

BigPhi84 is offline   Reply With Quote