homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #1

WillingWell is just really niceWillingWell is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
STOLEN: Parker Fly Silverburst (LAMetalShop)

Many of you may know of the recent issues regarding the user LAMetalShop here. I was involved in a trade with him and sent my Parker Fly Silverburst to LA to be traded for a Mesa Boogie Mark V.

This guitar was previously owned by mikernaut and ryanougrad here and you can find pictures accordingly, but it is the standard Fly shape with silverburst finish and chrome EMGs. It has two dings along the upper horn on the front and one near the bridge, I believe.

I'll put up pictures later when I've compiled everything.

In addition, if anyone's dealt with legal matters regarding stolen gear/gear deals before, can you please contact me? It looks like I'm going to be needing to contact the FBI Internet crimes as this guy took my guitar and skipped town essentially as he claimed he was moving to New Mexico before he was banned here.

So, keep your eyes out for a Parker Silverburst on craigslist and other places. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
WillingWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
thats ....ed up.

Confront and Destroy!
-7SoH
http://www.myspace.com/7stringsofhate
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Well in this case, the one thing that is fortunate is the silverburst Parker Fly was very limited in production and considering the blems you shouldn't have any major problems identifying it (you do have the serial number on-hand, and pictures of it as well, don't you?). Keep your eyes CONSTANTLY on eBay and check local craigslist in New Mexico or whereever he said he was moving to.

The bad news is for something as small as this, good luck getting the FBI involved. Unless the guy stole enough stuff (not sure if it's over $10K or $20K for the higher-ups to get involved) it's going to come down to a case of the local police. Your best bet is to get the number for the police department for the town you sent the items to and file a report with all the pertinent info. Not sure how much that will do, as something similar happened on another forum but the dude got away with like over $10K worth of funds from sales he never wrapped up and the idiots who sent him the money never filed a dispute so the vast majority lost their money completely and now months later still have nothing to show for it.

Horrible lesson learned here, but in the future never ever EVER send your gear in a trade to some noob on a forum. I almost had an encounter like this and it taught me that if I'm EVER trading with someone, since I have a proven track record (and a conscience ) I absolutely will not ship until I have THEIR guitar/amp in hand to avoid putting myself in this situation because I know there are tons of douchebags out there who would not provide me the same courtesy of completing a long-distance trade. Either way, hope you get it sorted out bro!

P.S. I find it terribly ironic that the ONLY guy on here who vouched for this scumbag was Sworth9411, yet he's the one who posted the "This guy is a scammer!!!" thread and in the thread says there are ways to pursue the scammer? That just rang a bit fishy with me....

Rig: PRS -> Kemper -> Atomic CLR
First time in a while I've been THIS happy with my tone!
HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
Unleash the proggies

Fzau is just really niceFzau is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
P.S. I find it terribly ironic that the ONLY guy on here who vouched for this scumbag was Sworth9411, yet he's the one who posted the "This guy is a scammer!!!" thread and in the thread says there are ways to pursue the scammer? That just rang a bit fishy with me....
+1, I immediately thought that too..
it was something like "FYI Nick owns a small studio in LA and is a legit guy, I bought my 5150 from him a few months back"

Btw, I hope you have good proof of your deal and the serial number. You could be ....ed otherwise I'm afraid
Fzau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #5

I do have a lot of pictures and the serial number for the guitar. So contacting internet crimes would be a waste of my time?
Unread 12-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
SS Contributor

Isan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of light
That sucks ... i know how it is not have the person hold up their end of the trade --- blows
Isan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillingWell View Post
I do have a lot of pictures and the serial number for the guitar. So contacting internet crimes would be a waste of my time?
Can't hurt to try and contact them, worst they can say is ".... off" in which case you're no worse off than you are now
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
Can't hurt to try and contact them, worst they can say is ".... off" in which case you're no worse off than you are now
Yeah I would still go ahead with that, I'm just saying in the majority of cases of this nature it will not get escalated to the FBI if it's under a certain dollar amount (while this absolutely sucks, it won't be filed as grand larceny or anything ). That's why I'm suggesting filing the police report under that jurisdiction, they will more than likely investigate where the stuff was shipped to and normally they might be able to track where he was headed to (mail forwarding and such, assuming he's an idiot) and have the police in that district look into it. I would also let them know there were multiple counts of theft and have the others involved contact the police department ASAP.

Also, FWIW I'm not saying Sanford is guilty of anything, just stating it was ironic that the guy has zero rep and came on and scammed a bunch of folks based on one person's record of his "credibility" then disappears leaving the guy who vouched for him putting up a thread stating he was a scammer. Not laying blame at his feet, just saying be more careful of the people you vouch for, in this case you can usually tell who the flakey folks are so some people should be more hesitant to back someone up if there is a remote chance that they might not be totally on the up-and-up. Hope that clarifies, I don't know Sanford personally so I am not passing judgement on him, I'm just going by what I saw when this all started.

EDIT: In light of other evidence I've found personally outside the forum, and some stuff (like the IDENTICAL IP ADDRESSES for Sanford AND LA METAL SHOP) posted by the mods, I revoke any sort of apology I posted above. Sanford PM'd me asking me not to ruin his credibility on the board by associating him with the "scammer" but considering the info I have and the info the mods just provided, Sanford is officially GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT at this point, IMO.

Last edited by HighGain510; 12-23-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Unread 12-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
Dybbuk

Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
honestly man i would fly down to LA and go to the address you shipped the guitar too and get it back (at least try your best)

Im sure other members of this forum that live in LA will be willing to help.
Samer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #10
Banned

sworth9411 is just really nicesworth9411 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
were working on it right now dude.....
sworth9411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #11
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
^what are you doing excatly?

Confront and Destroy!
-7SoH
http://www.myspace.com/7stringsofhate
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #12
Good news, everyone!

Ketzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to all
found this...

Posting expired, though.

"Appreciating the beauty in music fast enough to blow mortals' faces off."
More notes per second = More emotion per second
"Djent" just may be the worst word created in all of ever.

SELF-APPOINTED EMG WIZARD
Ketzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #13
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #14

Hmm... I think some explaining is in order.

Unread 12-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #15
Good news, everyone!

Ketzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to all
uh oh.

Unread 12-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #16
Cold As Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
found this...

Posting expired, though.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
uh oh.

You said it! So wait... I'm confused, did you ship your guitar to Sanford or LA Metal Shop, Nick? If it was the former, this story just got VERY interesting!

Unread 12-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #17
Good news, everyone!

Looks like it went to Sanford.

Unread 12-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #18

Sanford "brokered" our deal due to lametalshop being on vacation. I shipped the guitar to him c/o "refind studios" on 11-24 and it was allegedly dropped off at lametalshop's studio on 12-2. Though these pictures suggest otherwise. I hope there is a rational explanation in order.
Unread 12-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #19
Cold As Ice

Quote:
Sanford "brokered" our deal. I shipped the guitar to him c/o "refind studios" on 11-24 and it was allegedly dropped off at lametalshop's studio on 12-2. Though these pictures suggest otherwise. I hope there is a rational explanation in order.
What does your tracking number show as the ACTUAL delivery date to Sanford?

Unread 12-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #20
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Wait, so Sanford has the guitar? What? I'm so confused, and somewhat infuriated (though I'm not quite sure at who yet )
Daemoniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #21
SS.org Regular

NickBen will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow dude I just hope you get your guitar back...I have been ripped off once and it was the worse feeling ever. I will keep my eyes peeled until this gets resolved.
NickBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #22
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Wow, this whole thing is jacked up.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #23
Sum Dat NegroSprite

Duckykong is a glorious beacon of lightDuckykong is a glorious beacon of lightDuckykong is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
<currently pending a trade with sworth..
PM me if u have any info regarding this member

"The king was pleased with the portrait, as it was very flattering of his girth".
Duckykong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2009, 02:55 AM   #24
El Borracho X

Adversor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Sanford "brokered" our deal due to lametalshop being on vacation. I shipped the guitar to him c/o "refind studios" on 11-24 and it was allegedly dropped off at lametalshop's studio on 12-2. Though these pictures suggest otherwise. I hope there is a rational explanation in order.
All we have to know is Sanford's address to pay him a visit, dude. He is clearly involved in this shit.

Quote:

Last edited by Adversor; 12-23-2009 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Adversor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2009, 03:24 AM   #25
JP BFR Whore

Metalus is a glorious beacon of lightMetalus is a glorious beacon of lightMetalus is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thats some straight up bullshit. Makes me scared to even bother trading with anyone in general. Hope u get ur situation resolved dude.
Metalus is offline   Reply With Quote