homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Sports Talk
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sports Talk Shower Tom Brady with praise, and debate which is the real football here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #1
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Custom made mountain bike

My childhood friend has finally achieved his dream of building his own MTB frame, it may not look like much but there are no 2 frames like this one.

The tube set was chosen for various reasons (he is a metal / crystallography engineer if that means anything to you then you know!!) including, welding properties, fatigue resistance, elasticity..etc..

all welds are hand made. Welding material chemical composition chosen such that it would enhanced some of the tubing characteristics.

Frame geometry custom made to his specs.

Before building everything has been ran through FEA

all tabs, disc attachment etc hand made...

His next step is to build a full suspension, but if you'd be interested in gettting a custom frame for a lot less than what you see in shops (isn't that surprising?) let me know and i will pass on the message.

Warning though, you will have to answer questions like : head angle, slack angle, top tube length, bottom bracket height, what do you want it for..etc..

thanks for reading and now some pics
Ralphy

ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-18-2009, 07:22 AM   #2
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I know nothing about bikes, but this looks cool, so RAW
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
RAW indeed...just a lick of varnish and nothing else...who needs paint when you can look at a modern day "sculpture".

thanks for your support Sebastian
Unread 09-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
Banned

hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.
I like the headstock

nice bike man
hufschmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
1 less ERGNESS

Thanks Patrick
Unread 09-18-2009, 08:10 AM   #6
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Awesome looking bike. Now go out and take some riding pics!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 08:18 AM   #7
1 less ERGNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmc74 View Post
Awesome looking bike. Now go out and take some riding pics!
well he has been riding this thing non-stop for the past month (to see if it would break of course, being the 1st one) so i don't have any pictures of him riding it, but shouldn't be too long, i will post them when i do so

thanks for the interest all.
Unread 09-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #8
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Looks rad. The whole '1 of a kind' thing makes it pretty epic.
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #9
Tube & Analog Snob

TomPerverteau is just really niceTomPerverteau is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Then what is the tubeset?

Closeup photos of the welds!

OK, I'm a bike geek.
TomPerverteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #10
1 less ERGNESS

tubeset on this one is 4140 and i shall ask for some nicer pics, no problemo there

i think he has got 2 orders on with same tube set, and then his next hardtail protoype will be with Al.
Unread 10-03-2009, 08:27 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

Bevo is a glorious beacon of lightBevo is a glorious beacon of lightBevo is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hope he put a clear coat on it...

Looks great but a couple things would make it better.
Gusset at the head tube to take some of the force away from top, down tubes.
Cable guides, the type with that are half C so you can stick a hose in and zip tie in place.

Ripped off a few head tubes in my day and it was never fun.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #12
1 less ERGNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Hope he put a clear coat on it...

Looks great but a couple things would make it better.
Gusset at the head tube to take some of the force away from top, down tubes.
Cable guides, the type with that are half C so you can stick a hose in and zip tie in place.

Ripped off a few head tubes in my day and it was never fun.
Don't worry about the gusset : he is a material engineer and the entire process is done in CAD with FEA calcs and i am willing to accept the fact that it is ok without..!!!!

As for the ties, yes the big wasn't totally finished!!!

And now his 1st customer's bike.... slight "pimping" requested by the owner!!! (just for Tom : 4140 again this time!!! TIG welded)