homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Sports Talk
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sports Talk Shower Tom Brady with praise, and debate which is the real football here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #26
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
I can't tell how much of a smart ass you're being, but what I meant was within 5 minutes I'd get in an accident on the highway
The first time I took my bike up to 75mph on the parkway I was scared shitless.

Even though i've done 80+ (I actually got clocked at 82 once!) on my dirbike with trees 3ft on either side of me in the woods. I guess pavement looks WAY more unforgiving than dirt, even though at 70mph... NOTHING is soft.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #27
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
His metal act ....ing owns man. His band is tight as a ............ and he is one HELL of a showman. Can't sing/write songs worth a damn, but live it doesn't really matter because the energy the guy puts out is just awesome.
I enjoy some of his beats. Rap, to me is more about getting into a song than what they're singing. ...I mean hell, I listen to ICP...

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 05-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #28
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissing View Post
The first time I took my bike up to 75mph on the parkway I was scared shitless.

Even though i've done 80+ (I actually got clocked at 82 once!) on my dirbike with trees 3ft on either side of me in the woods. I guess pavement looks WAY more unforgiving than dirt, even though at 70mph... NOTHING is soft.
Same here. Going over steel grate expansion bridges used to scare the shit out of me too. I'd look down and just think "cheese grater".

As a dumbass youth, I took a buddy's Hayabusa up to (speedo indicated, which is always WAY off) 200MPH on the ....ing highway in the middle of the day. Tunnel vision like you wouldn't believe, and when I finally geared down I pulled over and threw up all over myself. I pulled back in the parking lot covered in vomit and was just like "Yeah, that's fast."

The stupid shit you do as a kid. I'm lucky I didn't kill myself.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #29
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Quote:
I enjoy some of his beats. Rap, to me is more about getting into a song than what they're singing. ...I mean hell, I listen to ICP...
VI's band is a metal band now dude. If you see them in your area, GO SEE THEM, they are badass.

Hell, he did a song with Dan Spitz and Nicko McBrain!

YouTube - 7x70 Off tha Chain Vanilla Ice, Dan Spitz & Nicco McBrain

Unread 05-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #30
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
VI's band is a metal band now dude. If you see them in your area, GO SEE THEM, they are badass.

Hell, he did a song with Dan Spitz and Nicko McBrain!

YouTube - 7x70 Off tha Chain Vanilla Ice, Dan Spitz & Nicco McBrain
During the chorus he sounds like Fred Durst almost! Was this song put together around the same time that Limp Bizkit and rap/metal was still the "in" thing?
HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #31
SS.org Regular

jaxadam is a glorious beacon of lightjaxadam is a glorious beacon of lightjaxadam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I almost just bought an '06 R6 for $6000 flat about two hours ago... Seriously. 4000 miles on it.
jaxadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #32
metalguitarist.org

I paid only a grand more than that with zero miles on it for an '07.

I just got back from signing papers and whatnot, dropped $500 on all this misc shit:

+ Framesliders, a carbon tank protector and a net. So now I have all this stuff, I just need the bike. Wish I had the 'scratch for an Arai helmet though.

Unread 05-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #33
SS.org Regular

supertruper1988 is just really nicesupertruper1988 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Holy crap those are expansive

Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place. - Desecrated
supertruper1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #34
Appreciates Kwolity

ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Rob V.W. and I are homeboys, sir.

http://www.sevenstring.org/chris/vip.jpg
Is it me or do you look a teenchy bit like Charlie Sheen in that pic?
ZeroSignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #35
metalguitarist.org

Dunno. My hair's all ....ed up though, because ol' Ice was signing my hat.

Unread 05-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #36
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
do you model on the side?

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #37
*Likes Basswood*

Se7enMeister is a glorious beacon of lightSe7enMeister is a glorious beacon of lightSe7enMeister is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
I want a bike, but I know if I got one, I'd be dead within 5 minutes once I hit the high way.
I took my moped out on I-285 in ATL, i was doing 60 and a cop pulled me over and told me to gt off of the inter state

"There's a party in Zepp's mouth and everyones coming"

Origanally posted by Variant - Pulled from the river Styx, the mighty black oar of doom in hand! I certainly would not call this particular guitar an "axe" more like a club. Noodles' KxK would run through an emo, spilling his insides for a quick death, this blunt mace would bludgeon the unfortunate effeminate soul, breaking bones, and causing internal bleeding to lead only to a slow, painful death
Se7enMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #38
President / RHLC İ

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
do you model on the side?
Chris --> many secret lives.

Become one of us or die, ....ers. / Rick

RIP Garcia3441
playstopause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #39
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Sweet lookin' bike man.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #40
metalguitarist.org

Proper pics from the first 35 miles.

Unread 05-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #41
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Quote:
Same here. Going over steel grate expansion bridges used to scare the shit out of me too. I'd look down and just think "cheese grater".
I can't begin to explain how frightened I was the first time I went over one of those, especially since they come to a point, rather than being flat... It's a strange feeling when the bike wiggles around. There's one particular grate that I hate. Going into Atlantic City, there's a small bridge with a grate, and once you leave the pavement, it drops like 3-4 inches suddenly... THAT'S nerve wracking, even in a car (My car feels like it moves sideways a bit when I go over it!)

Luckily my bike has a very wide rear tire, unlike my friends Sportster, which has this skinny ass tire, he wobbles over those things like crazy.

Quote:
As a dumbass youth, I took a buddy's Hayabusa up to (speedo indicated, which is always WAY off) 200MPH on the ....ing highway in the middle of the day. Tunnel vision like you wouldn't believe, and when I finally geared down I pulled over and threw up all over myself. I pulled back in the parking lot covered in vomit and was just like "Yeah, that's fast."

The stupid shit you do as a kid. I'm lucky I didn't kill myself.
If that was my bike, i'd be pissed until you said that, then i'd be rolling.

I don't think I could ever go that fast on a bike... Too many things to go wrong, and it's guaranteed to end bad if something happens.

Have you ever had to ride in the rain before? Rain drops suddenly at 70mph = OUCH (Especially with the turtle shell helmet I wear... No face shield...) plus the rear brake is useless. I went to test the rear brake and it locked up without hesitation, but it corrected itself once I let off thankfully. I used the transmission to slow down, but was too afraid to see how much force I could use on the front brake, so I locked the back up in the last 5 feet before a traffic light and pulled her a bit sideways (In front of a cop no less!).

I took the side streets home and did about 20. I had no problems sticking to turns (Especially with the Avons I have on 'er, which are basically slicks) but braking =

I've been riding motorcycles for many years, but nothing on road until 2005 when I got my license. There's nothing that could have prepared me fully for that... Specifically, the first time I ever took my bike out, and I went to make a slight right turn on a bend in the road...... I didn't know that steering is OPPOSITE when you're at speed! That's the weirdest ....ing thing about motorcycles... Need to go left? Turn the bars to the right!

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 05-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #42
metalguitarist.org

Me = Owned.

Unread 05-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #43
metalguitarist.org

Quote:

Have you ever had to ride in the rain before? Rain drops suddenly at 70mph = OUCH (Especially with the turtle shell helmet I wear... No face shield...) plus the rear brake is useless. I went to test the rear brake and it locked up without hesitation, but it corrected itself once I let off thankfully. I used the transmission to slow down, but was too afraid to see how much force I could use on the front brake, so I locked the back up in the last 5 feet before a traffic light and pulled her a bit sideways (In front of a cop no less!).
Yeah, it sucks. I always wear a full helmet, but in the rain the wet visor is really bad for visibility, so I ususally end up with the visor up getting pelted in the face. It definitely sucks.

Unread 05-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #44
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Quote:
Yeah, it sucks. I always wear a full helmet, but in the rain the wet visor is really bad for visibility, so I ususally end up with the visor up getting pelted in the face. It definitely sucks.
There's a pair of gloves I own (not sure the brand, i'll post as soon as I get a chance) that have a 3" strip of wiper blade on the thumb. Seems kinda silly, but they actually work great.

I used them on my dirtbike all the time for water and mud. They're great!

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 05-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #45
ss.org Regular

Blind Faith is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice purchase!! Im to scared to ride a bike known people who have totally screwed themselves up because of it.

Looks like it could hold a 4x12 and 6x10 + a few flight cases
Blind Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #46
mermaidunicornnymph

Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Yeah. Technically, this was the first ever picstory.

Guide To Brainbuckets
Awesome

"Dahling, you are made of Win!"-ZeroSignal

"Wonderfull, I just misspelled 2 different languages in the same sentnce, that has to be a record."-Desecrated

"...then a giraffe hid behind the cabbage and the car fermented itself into a polar bear and now I don't know where my keys are."-Desecrated

"True my son, follow the teachings of the white goat and the holy land will come to you."-Desecrated
Nerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #47
Whoopsie Daisy!

DelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
One of the first things I noticed about that pic, after of course the stunningly awesome helmet!

More words here is more words.
DelfinoPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #48
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
I thought it too

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #49
metalguitarist.org

Some new parts came in today, so I tossed them on and snapped a couple of pics.

The Hugger was ~$60 off of eBay and the match and paint is perfect. The FE was as well, somewhere around $40 shipped. You can still see a bit of wire hanging behind the plate - I'm waiting on my lighted license plate frame to show up and those wires are for the bulb.

I also finally got to take the bike for a rip with the M5 exhaust and DAMN does it sound fantastic. It's a little loud right now, and I'm probably going to get the 2B tip that supposedly quiets it a few DB, but it really does sound fan-friggin' tastic.

Unread 05-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #50
Whoopsie Daisy!

DelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himself
It looks the ....in' dogs bollocks, man.

[action=DelfinoPie]is still extremely jealous of this whole acquisition.[/action]

More words here is more words.
DelfinoPie is offline   Reply With Quote