homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Sports Talk
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sports Talk Shower Tom Brady with praise, and debate which is the real football here.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

NosralTserrof is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Baseball fans here?

Me? I'm a Pirates fan.

Have been, always will be. Born into the losing era.
NosralTserrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Doc McStuffins

USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not anymore... F the Red Sox and the Texas Toughguy!!! Go everyone else except the Yankees they can go F themselves too. Ummm... Go Cubs!!!
Demiurge and flexkill like this.

I'm a lover… Not a fighter... But I'm also a fighter, so don’t get any ideas.
USMarine75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

chrisharbin is just really nicechrisharbin is just really nice
haha, anyone but the yankees, can agree there.

Giants fan. We got the series a couple of years ago (very, very surprised!) after decades of disappointment. I don't keep up much this time of year though because it's just too hard to know what is coming.
USMarine75 likes this.
chrisharbin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Intrepid Jackass

Demiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMarine75 View Post
Not anymore... F the Red Sox and the Texas Toughguy!!! Go everyone else except the Yankees they can go F themselves too. Ummm... Go Cubs!!!
Can't watch them this year, just can't.

Maybe it was time for Tito to go after how last season ended, but he definitely didn't deserve the media hit job that followed (for those not in the area, Red Sox management basically have a mouthpiece in the Boston Herald newspaper- anyone who leaves the organization will find nasty articles about them from "sources within the team" not long thereafter). 2 championships and they could let this one ride, really? And now it's clear that the clubhouse being out of control is not a priority to the organization- nope, just padding their phony sellout record and selling Ellsbury jerseys to girls, as usual.
USMarine75 likes this.

"I like Christian rock. It's very positive. It's not like those real musicians who think they're so cool and hip." -George Costanza
Demiurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
Doc McStuffins

USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
^ F'ing pink hats bro. As long as they play Sweet Caroline after the 8th all is well, even if they're down by 6 runs after another blown lead by the cowpen (definitely not a bullpen). Oh well, we still have the Cs... and football season is only a few months away!
Demiurge likes this.

I'm a lover… Not a fighter... But I'm also a fighter, so don’t get any ideas.
USMarine75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
Uber Stringer

TheShreddinHand is just really niceTheShreddinHand is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Just went and saw the pirates last Sunday, beautiful ballpark. I grew up in jersey so I am a Yankees fan but I love the game of baseball and will really watch any teams.

Eric
TheShreddinHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
SS.org Regular

zappatton2 is a jewel in the rough
Huge Jays fan here, grew up going to the games at the ol' Exhibition Stadium, celebrated downtown both times they won the series, spent my honeymoon at the SkyDome hotel and have waiting patiently many years for another contender. Am still hopeful for this season, despite Toronto being pegged into the toughest division in all of baseball. At least the playoffs are finally being expanded!! But what the hell is going on in Baltimore?!! I guess I could say the same for the opposite reason in Boston. Oh well, go Jays, time to bring the baseball playoffs back to the Great White North!!!!
zappatton2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Orioles fan since the end of the Ripken Jr. era. Needless to say, I'm very pleasantly shocked with the start of the season so far

This great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
JeffFromMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:51 AM   #9
SS.org Regular

chrisharbin is just really nicechrisharbin is just really nice
I'm always glad to see "those" teams doing well. Always bummed when teams like the Royals are same ol'. I like variety. We have parody in the NFL to some degree (hell, the Lions made the playoffs last year!!) but BB does seem to be the same teams most years.

Some times (other than of course the Giants winning) I loved just because it was something different. Diamondbacks, TB getting better, Miami (or it was "florida" back then) winning......just something different. Anything not lakers, wankeies, or dallas (football, though loved seeing the rangers get good)
chrisharbin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:52 AM   #10
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hell yea, go Bluejays

Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #11
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
yessirrr.

mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 03:41 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

broj15 is just really nicebroj15 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Can't say much for MLB but I do like to watch The Louisville Bats on local TV or catching one of thier games. The local White Castle is one of thier sponsors so all my friends who work at White Castle get free season passes. Most of the employees don't usually go so they always give me thier ticket. They used to be affiliated with St. Louis and then they switched to Milwaukee. Now they are the farm team for The Reds.

"It's all jagged and jaded, but it suits us. We just fake it through."
broj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #13
SS.org Regular

WTF, American League East?!?!?! So now EVERYONE in that division is a .500+ contender? Man, the Jays are really gonna have to rise above this year. Hey Kansas City, how's aboot relocating to Buffalo? That should bump us nicely into the Central division. I was going to hope for the Jays going to the National League East, but then I double-checked those stats, no thanks.
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Koop is a jewel in the rough
Brewers, only because my cousin is John Axford
snowblind56 likes this.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

refusetofall87 is headed in the right direction.
Im a diehard phillies fan, born and raised. I have much respect for the game and for all MLB teams.
MeLab likes this.
refusetofall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #16
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattofvengeance View Post
I knew I loved you.
mattofvengeance likes this.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

MeLab is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by refusetofall87 View Post
Im a diehard phillies fan, born and raised. I have much respect for the game and for all MLB teams.
Nice, another Phillies fan right here.

I'm generally cool with other MLB teams too, except the Yankees and Braves(they put a lot of hurtin' on the other NL East teams when I was growing up with the Phils back in the 90's).
MeLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

snowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Brewers, only because my cousin is John Axford
Only real men wear mustaches!!!

Seriously.

I've been a huge Brewer fan for almost 30 years.
snowblind56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

Koop is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowblind56 View Post
Only real men wear mustaches!!!

Seriously.

I've been a huge Brewer fan for almost 30 years.
Nice, I've only been a fan for a year

Last year I went down to Milwaukee with my family to watch a few Brewers games and then hang out with John a bit. I hadn't seen him for like 3 years prior to that, so it was cool to catch up with him. His mustache is definitely awesome, although he seems to be growing a beard at the moment; however, anything he grows is bad ass
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

refusetofall87 is headed in the right direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLab View Post
Nice, another Phillies fan right here.

I'm generally cool with other MLB teams too, except the Yankees and Braves(they put a lot of hurtin' on the other NL East teams when I was growing up with the Phils back in the 90's).
Glad to see that you're not a bandwagon fan. All i hear anymore is "the phillies suck this year", this coming from the people that have been on the phillies dick for the past five years. I understand that being 13 games out of the division isnt a good situation but... its not how you start, its how you finish
refusetofall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #21
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Been a Blue Jays fan forever.

When I was a little kid I dreamed of playing for them...

Don't have TV anymore though so the only time I get to see games is when my family gets together and me and the brother-in-law steal the TV for an afternoon. So very rarely.
AxeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #22
SS.org Regular

I still remember the '92 and '93 World Series bouts like they were yesterday. My high school yearbooks from those years even have whole sections devoted to the Jays parades. Heck, I even remember why I hate the Oakland A's so much (1989 ALCS). Glad the Jays have a more classic-looking uniform this year, now if they could just go on a real winning tear for that wild-card.
Unread 08-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #23
ss.org Regular

Gabriel is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cincinnati Reds fan here. can't say i hate the Rangers though, speaking from a pitcher's stand point, Nolan Ryan was a beast..
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #24
SS.org Regular

So, is anyone keeping tabs on the playoffs this year? I am really pulling for Baltimore, party because I hate the Yankees, but also because they haven't been contenders in a really long time. Though I do have a sof spot for Washington, if only because they used to be the Expos.
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #25

leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Im upset the A's struck out so much and that its over. But they played one amazing 9th inning the other night. Being from the Bay Area, Ive got a backup plan I call the SF Giants. Thats all for now. Giants Yankees would be pretty epic.
leonardo7 is offline   Reply With Quote