homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Sports Talk
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sports Talk Shower Tom Brady with praise, and debate which is the real football here.

Like Tree52Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #426
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOKENSTYFE View Post
Host the Eastern Conference Finals. Check.
Lose in game six, go home and break out the golf clubs. Check.

Rangers

(I am honestly surprised by the outcome of this series though)

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #427
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Jersey and LA, woo! Should be a good series if the rest of the playoffs have shown anything. Can't wait for Wednesday!
Unread 05-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #428
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Yeah this is going to be interesting. I think LA will take it, but they seem to have been running out of gas the last two games.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #429
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
Woo, bonus hockey! This just goes to show that when Marty's game is on, IT'S ....ING ON. He and Quick are both slaying this game.
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #430
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
I'm assuming that the Red Wings will be defeated in 5 or 6 games and we'll hear that Lidstrom is retiring shortly thereafter.
Lidstrom retires from NHL - NHL.com - News

Sucks to be right sometimes.

Now the question is: who is the next captain? Datsyuk seems the best candidate on the ice but the rest of the team would need to learn Russian
Unread 06-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #431
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Thomas to take 2012-13 season off - NHL.com - News

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 06-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #432
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Wow the Pens signed Tomas Vokoun... hopefully he does better for the Pens than he did for the Caps last season

Vokoun Wants to Win Cup with Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Penguins - Features

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #433
Dragonblade629

It's starting to look like goaltending going to be fairly different next year, what with Thomas not playing, Vokoun is with the Pens, which is kind of surprising, Luongo is looking at a new team, it'll be Marty's last year, looking like the Panthers will take Markstrom out of the AHL, and this is only what can be seen before the cup is over.
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #434
Dragonblade629

If there's one thing DeBoer is good at, it's talking to the press after a loss. He got a lot of practice down here.

Please, DeBoer, change the ....ing line up. The Kings know it, they know how to beat it. Heck, throw in Hedberg, no one's really seen him so for the most part he'll be unknown, but best of all he'll be fresh, he'll be young and full of pep. I'm sorry Marty, but maybe you need a break. And why haven't you been playing Sykora? He's a fantastic forward.
Unread 06-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #435
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
Yeah, a buddy of mine was saying how Thomas was a prick because of this and how ridiculous it is and a whole bunch of other stuff. I'm not much for letting an athlete's personal matters affect my liking of them as they're different things, how they play/act during a game and how they act day to day but that's just silly to go that far. I mean, he's 38 years old and he's been a hell of a goalie for us. Is a year a long time to take a break? Yes. Does that mean Rask has to be consistently good as well? Yes. Plus now we'll see the other goalies like Khudobin who shit, I don't think I've EVER seen him on ice.

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
Unread 06-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #436
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
Yeah, a buddy of mine was saying how Thomas was a prick because of this and how ridiculous it is and a whole bunch of other stuff. I'm not much for letting an athlete's personal matters affect my liking of them as they're different things, how they play/act during a game and how they act day to day but that's just silly to go that far. I mean, he's 38 years old and he's been a hell of a goalie for us. Is a year a long time to take a break? Yes. Does that mean Rask has to be consistently good as well? Yes. Plus now we'll see the other goalies like Khudobin who shit, I don't think I've EVER seen him on ice.
Sorry Thomas is a head case

In other news Therrien is back

Michel Therrien named coach of the Canadiens - NHL.com - News

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 06-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #437
Dragonblade629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Thomas
At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F's.
Friends, Family and Faith.
Famous last words.

Now, I understand that at 38 it's okay to feel a little tired from playing. A year, though? Come on, Tim Thomas, that's more than a tad ridiculous. I can't really recall any players that were absent for a season for any reason besides injury.
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #438
Pav
???

Pav will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Wow the Pens signed Tomas Vokoun... hopefully he does better for the Pens than he did for the Caps last season

Vokoun Wants to Win Cup with Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Penguins - Features
I'm just hoping he gives Fleury the necessary kick in the ass. He's far more likely to actually challenge for ice time than Brent Johnson was this past year.
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #439
Intrepid Jackass

Demiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to all
Yikes, Bernier.

"I like Christian rock. It's very positive. It's not like those real musicians who think they're so cool and hip." -George Costanza
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #440
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Devils implode, Kings win the Cup 6-1 in game 6

I'm happy for them and thrilled for a friend of ours that's at the game tonight

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 06-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #441
Sludgy Balls of Doom

Location: The Very Very Very Very Very Very Inverted Mountains of Kxziiiimfghhhblaghl
Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm glad the Kings won. and this year, unlike last, I feel sympathetic towards the losing team (sorry Vancouver guys, but I've been bred to HATE the Canucks.) The Devils did really well, but their game fell apart during game 6. Good to see Quick get the Conn Smythe as well, though we all knew that was gonna happen. I got a good laugh when the camera dude ran into Nolan when he was doing his run. lol.

In desperate need of a 64-String Meshuggah-Harp

Blackened Death Metal from Atlanta, GA
MySpace Facebook ReverbNation YouTube

“Very atmospheric and well done.”
— Ashmedi (Melechesh), Facebook
“Music is dark and heavy, really cool!”
— Oli Beaudoin (Neuraxis, Keep of Kalessin, Belphegor, Kataklysm), Facebook
Unread 06-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #442
The Care Cup's Empty

Psyy is a jewel in the rough
Congrats to the Kings on one of the greatest SC runs in history. As someone who was cheering for the Kings, however, the win was a bit bitter. The officiating in the game was absolutely horrid. The League should be ashamed of how the officials handled the most important game of the year.
Unread 06-12-2012, 04:16 AM   #443
SS.org Regular

havocvulture10 will become famous soon enough
2012 Stanley Cup Champs! I still cant believe the Kings pulled it off. It just seems unreal.
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #444
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by havocvulture10 View Post
2012 Stanley Cup Champs! I still cant believe the Kings pulled it off. It just seems unreal.
I love the guy they showed during the game holding a baby and a sign. The sign read, "Daddy had to wait 44 years for the Kings to win a Stanley cup. I'm 1 for 1."
Hemi-Powered Drone and Sofos like this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 06-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #445
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Even as a Canucks fan, I've gotta hand it to the Kings, they had what it took this year. They lit their fire just at the right time, and they plowed through the top 3 seeds in the west. There's no way I can stay mad at them after they showed that kind of heart and determination.

They earned it.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #446
Pav
???

Pav will become famous soon enough
I was all for the Kings this year. Plus with my goalie fetish I'll most likely end up getting a Quick jersey.
Sofos likes this.
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #447
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Holy crap the Oilers have the #1 pick AGAIN?!?!?! What is that like 5 in the last six years?

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #448
Disciple of Djod

Vostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Holy crap the Oilers have the #1 pick AGAIN?!?!?! What is that like 5 in the last six years?
Actually, its the 3rd year in a row lol (Hall 2 years ago, RNH last year). I expect this team to be really strong in a year or two.

"Solid-state - A component that has been specifically designed to make a guitar amplifier sound bad. Compared to tubes, these devices can have a very long lifespan, which guarantees that your amplifier will retain it's thin, lifeless, and buzzy sound for a long time to come."

ABSURD APOSTLE OF DJOD
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #449
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostre Roy View Post
Actually, its the 3rd year in a row lol (Hall 2 years ago, RNH last year). I expect this team to be really strong in a year or two.
You would certainly freaking hope so

Then again the Pens have two #1 and two #2 draft picks on the team currently, all drafted in a 4 year period, so I shouldn't mock since I was a fan during those years

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 06-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #450
Dragonblade629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostre Roy View Post
That's part of why the Panthers finally aren't terrible and have so many promising prospects, the same should hold true.
Closed Thread