homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Sports Talk
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sports Talk Shower Tom Brady with praise, and debate which is the real football here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
Lemme smang it girl!

TXDeathMetal is a glorious beacon of lightTXDeathMetal is a glorious beacon of lightTXDeathMetal is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Opening weekend for MLB

I didn't see any threads about Major League Baseball for this upcoming season as this weekend is opening weekend. Anyone else a baseball fan? Who do you like the National League of the American League? Who's your team? Discuss.

For me it should come as no surprise since I'm originally from Texas is that I'm a Texas Rangers fan, I think it sucks that Cliff Lee went back to the Phillies as he was a great pitcher and was a definite asset to the team but I have confidence in the rest of the team and hope they will make it into the post season again this year.

"Fried or fertilized?"- Yung Humma
"Next installation, wire a BKP into a car horn circuit and djonk at people in traffic!"- Variant
"Please tell me theres a hot girl behind this post and we'll get married and I'll make you hate your vagina."- vampiregenocide
"Ah well. I must continue my search for a woman who is as big a douchebag as I am.- vampiregenocide

My Youtube Channel

David Shankle Is A Douche
TXDeathMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Vulcan Lute God

kung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Blue Jays fan here. I've been looking forward to this season for some time now. Going to Jays games in the spring and summer has been a bit of a tradition for me for the past few years. As usual, we've got the red sox, yankees, and rays to contend with but now even the orioles are starting to look better. We've got a lot of good promising young pitchers this year so hopefully we can do some damage this year. PLAY BALL!!!

David Warren Brubeck (December 6, 1920 December 5, 2012)
kung_fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Lemme smang it girl!

TXDeathMetal is a glorious beacon of lightTXDeathMetal is a glorious beacon of lightTXDeathMetal is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, the Rangers have a 3 game series opener against the Red Sox and I think it's awesome that Nolan Ryan has taken over ownership of the team, he was my favorite player as a young kid and it just seems full circle for him to be the owner of the team that he did a lot of great things with during his career.

"Next installation, wire a BKP into a car horn circuit and djonk at people in traffic!"- Variant
"Please tell me theres a hot girl behind this post and we'll get married and I'll make you hate your vagina."- vampiregenocide
"Ah well. I must continue my search for a woman who is as big a douchebag as I am.- vampiregenocide

My Youtube Channel

Unread 03-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
Vulcan Lute God

kung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to all
Wow, didn't know about Nolan Ryan taking over

Unread 03-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
Lemme smang it girl!

Yeah man, it was last season when it happened.

My Youtube Channel

Unread 03-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Go Rangers!
TXDeathMetal likes this.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 04:21 AM   #7
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Rangers fan here too. The way I see it, the question marks are similar to last season, but they know what they have in CJ Wilson. Unfortunately, losing Cliff Lee was painful, and they really need another front line starter. The bullpen is questionable, and they'll need Colby Lewis to build on the promise he showed in the playoffs, as well as Tommy Hunter and Brandon Webb to step up. This is all remedied by the fact they field, if not the best lineup in baseball, a top 3 lineup, and the rest of the division isn't particularly strong. The Angels are aging, and while they do have pitching, the A's don't have many sticks. Don't even get me started on the Mariners

Looking forward to what is hopefully a great season
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
Orange Vigilante

AvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of lightAvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of lightAvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What's up with all the Rangers fans? I'd say we have a little divisional rivalry going on here but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattofvengeance View Post
Don't even get me started on the Mariners

Yeah, you're right. Have fun in the post season again.

Metameric - "Sneaky prog rock" straight outta Seattle
(Our EP is now streaming for free!):
www.facebook.com/metamericband

www.twitter.com/metamericband

www.reverbnation.com/metameric
AvantGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #9
Lemme smang it girl!

Kinda bummed that I have to work tonight and I'll miss the opening game of the Rangers vs. Red Sox, oh well I'll just watch game 2 of the series tomorrow.

My Youtube Channel

Unread 04-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
Reggie J Worthington

Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
weird I didn't even see this thread when I made mine this morning.

oh well.

Yankees fan since I was 8.

But I'm also going to watch the Dodgers, It's going to be interesting to see how Mattingly will handle the team and his first manger spot.

Also the Phillies to see if Cliff Lee ends up a bust like I'm hoping.
Sicarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
Lemme smang it girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
weird I didn't even see this thread when I made mine this morning.

oh well.

Yankees fan since I was 8.

But I'm also going to watch the Dodgers, It's going to be interesting to see how Mattingly will handle the team and his first manger spot.

Also the Phillies to see if Cliff Lee ends up a bust like I'm hoping.
I'm hoping the same in terms of Cliff Lee, if this happens then maybe he'll get traded back to the Rangers (crosses fingers)

My Youtube Channel

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #12
Reggie J Worthington

I was never really impressed with him during the regular season. He was decent in the playoffs but the Yankees were just run down :/

He choked in the World Series though, and I laughed.

I have no idea how I feel about the Yankees new pitching rotation. Nova didn't do too badly last year, and Sabathia is Sabathia, but god I ....ing hate A.J. Burnett. But I'm also of the mindset that Hank and Hal are going to destroy the club.

The Rangers just got lucky last year
Unread 04-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #13
Lemme smang it girl!

Quote:
I was never really impressed with him during the regular season. He was decent in the playoffs but the Yankees were just run down :/

He choked in the World Series though, and I laughed.

I have no idea how I feel about the Yankees new pitching rotation. Nova didn't do too badly last year, and Sabathia is Sabathia, but god I ....ing hate A.J. Burnett.

The Rangers just got lucky last year
It's only the beginning of the season so we've got quite a ways to go and see how things unfold.

My Youtube Channel

Unread 04-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #14
Lemme smang it girl!

Don't know if anyone is watching the games or keeping up with them on ESPN.com like I am but the White Sox are killing the Indians right now 14-0 at the top of the 5th.

My Youtube Channel

Unread 04-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #15
Reggie J Worthington

That's hilarious.

I watched the Astros game.

and like the Astros, the Phillies won.

now it's the Rangers and the Red Sox, and it's not bad so far.
Unread 04-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #16
Lemme smang it girl!

Quote:
That's hilarious.

I watched the Astros game.

and like the Astros, the Phillies won.

now it's the Rangers and the Red Sox, and it's not bad so far.
Yep, tied at 2 a piece right now going into the 3rd, I really wish I could stay home from working tonight to watch the game but there's always tomorrow.

My Youtube Channel

Unread 04-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #17
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I wish there was more coverage of baseball in Montreal, but there's been little to none since the Expos went down (all we get are Jays games once in a while, but cheering for a team from Toronto just seems like sacrilege me to me)... Anyway, I'm looking for Philly to be the team to beat, and the Orioles to be the big surprise this year - at least I hope, as I've been partial to the O's since Ripken's days. They haven't been an easy team to cheer for and their division is stacked, but they do look like a better team this year nonetheless

Edit - Hoping Vlad's season looks more like the first half of last year's than the second

This great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
JeffFromMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #18
Reggie J Worthington

Showalter or w/e is a great manager and was NYY's before Torre. He def. did some good there when he came in towards the end of the season.

They'll be interesting, just like the Dodgers, hopefully.
Unread 04-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
Lemme smang it girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFromMtl View Post
I wish there was more coverage of baseball in Montreal, but there's been little to none since the Expos went down (all we get are Jays games once in a while, but cheering for a team from Toronto just seems like sacrilege me to me)... Anyway, I'm looking for Philly to be the team to beat, and the Orioles to be the big surprise this year - at least I hope, as I've been partial to the O's since Ripken's days. They haven't been an easy team to cheer for and their division is stacked, but they do look like a better team this year nonetheless

Edit - Hoping Vlad's season looks more like the first half of last year's than the second
I remember Cal Ripken Jr. from when I was a young kid, he was a good player.

My Youtube Channel

Unread 04-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #20
Vulcan Lute God

Jays went 2-1 against the twins. Just barely lost the last one

Unread 04-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #21
Lemme smang it girl!

Rangers swept the Red Sox in their opening 3 game series, hoping they can extend the winning streak with their series against the Mariners.

My Youtube Channel

Unread 04-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #22
Orange Vigilante

AvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of lightAvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of lightAvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDeathMetal View Post
Rangers swept the Red Sox in their opening 3 game series, hoping they can extend the winning streak with their series against the Mariners.
The M's offense really surprised me in the series against the A's, but man, the Rangers really teed off against the Red Sox. I'm curious to see how Erik Bedard looks on the mound tonight. Hopefully he'll be in good form handing the Rangers their first loss.

Unread 04-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #23
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
There are no words to describe how unafraid of Erik Bedard I am.
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #24
Lemme smang it girl!

Quote:
he's making his first start since July 25, 2009 and sat out the 2010 season due to him having 2 surgeries on his pitching shoulder and logic would tell you that he's going to be rusty, so my prediction is that he'll be lucky if he can survive 4 innings, maybe 5 and as far as the Rangers are concerned I think Derek Holland will do a great job of holding his own against the Mariners.

My Youtube Channel

Unread 04-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #25
Orange Vigilante

Quote:

Yeah, nobody up here likes him. He was solid for a few months in 2008. Then he got hurt. He was good for the first few months of 2009. Then he got hurt... and stayed hurt through 2010. I'd love to see him get a W tonight, but yeah, there's a good chance the Rangers are going to knock him around a bit... or a lot.