homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Sports Talk
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sports Talk Shower Tom Brady with praise, and debate which is the real football here.

Like Tree217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #1051
Resident Gangsta

GH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzrg1570 View Post
Reread my post. You said I faulted Shaq. I never said anything about you. You're getting defensive over nothing.
You need to just learn to read in general, cause you have misunderstood everything said to you. Discussing with you has proven quite pointless since you can't comprehend anything you read too. so whatever, this is pointless. No one is getting defensive either.
GH0STrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-23-2007, 01:43 AM   #1052
Triad Hitman

Azyiu is a name known to allAzyiu is a name known to allAzyiu is a name known to allAzyiu is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
You're getting defensive over nothing.
D-Fense *dom dom* D-Fense *dom dom* D-Fense *dom dom*

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Azyiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #1053
Resident Gangsta

GH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud of
someone kick john paxon and scott skiles in the nuts. As long as they can hang on to luol deng they need to give the lakers whatever they want for kobe. Then they need to trade for another center. The only thing pax has done right this year- Not giving ben gordon the 14 millions a year contract he demanded. That guys sucks something awful. TRADE HIM NOW! 2-10? That's one of the worst starts we have ever had!
Unread 11-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #1054
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
This was one of the best moments ever for me as a fan, unbelievable. They were down by 2 with 4 seconds left and didnt even have the ball. I was throwing my remote across the room just seconds before this...

BTW I went to the Lakers/C's game on Friday, tremendous atmosphere. So fun. C's destroyed LA of course
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #1055
Resident Gangsta

danny ainge = gm of the decade. This guys is gonna turn a 23 win team into a eastern conference champ. I thought the lack of a bench would be a problem. But they have such a solid 7 man rotation it doesn't matter
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:06 PM   #1056
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
This was one of the best moments ever for me as a fan, unbelievable. They were down by 2 with 4 seconds left and didnt even have the ball. I was throwing my remote across the room just seconds before this...

BTW I went to the Lakers/C's game on Friday, tremendous atmosphere. So fun. C's destroyed LA of course
NICE! Drained it..
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:26 PM   #1057
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0STrider View Post
danny ainge = gm of the decade. This guys is gonna turn a 23 win team into a eastern conference champ. I thought the lack of a bench would be a problem. But they have such a solid 7 man rotation it doesn't matter

Really they've gotten solid, solid minutes from Pollard as well. Tony Allen has been shaky so far, but he's still not right from his horrendous injury last year. If he can come back to the form he had last year before he got hurt (look at his gamelog in his last 10 games before getting hurt) that would be huge.

That said, of course, Posey and House are the class of our bench. I never realized how much of a game-changer Posey is. Great defensively and hits big time 3's. Hasn't thrown any cheap shots yet Glen 'Big Baby' Davis has looked really good in limited minutes too. I think this team NEXT YEAR will probably be a lot better than this year even.
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #1058
Resident Gangsta

That team scares me next year. If only John Paxon could see how taking a risk in trading young talent can pay off...
Unread 11-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #1059
Triad Hitman

Azyiu is a name known to allAzyiu is a name known to allAzyiu is a name known to allAzyiu is a name known to all
Quote:

Good for your C, Nick But I happen to watch that Celtics @ Bobcats game live on TV, and I ain't gonna do any ass kissing here. All I can say is, the Celtics did not play the way they were supposed to that night. They got a LUCKY win! Yes, they got lucky and that's what it was.

With 3 starters out, including their leading scorer Wallace, I am very impressed by the way the Bobcats were playing. And am disappointed in the Celtics for allowing guys like Felton and Dudley continuously penetrate into the paint. I mean, come on, your C played like they would win by simply showing up in the first half.

With 4 seconds left, Pierce forced a flower from the right elbow, but NO ONE boxed out? Luckily for y'all, Richardson made a bone-headed play in the end. I still wonder why he must inbound the ball to Felton, while Okafor was as wide open as a 7/11 under the basket with NO ONE around him within 10 feet!

Quote:
With the team y'all got, don't even show up here if y'all can't destroy teams like the Lakers, Nuggets (which you already did), Cavs, Spurs, Magic (how about them?) and Pistons at home.

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Unread 11-26-2007, 10:14 PM   #1060
Resident Gangsta

"y'all"??? Azyiu- aren't you from china?
Unread 11-26-2007, 10:29 PM   #1061
Triad Hitman

Quote:
"y'all"??? Azyiu- aren't you from china?
Well, I am from Hong Kong originally, and some people from my generation do not want others to think we are from the mainland.

Yeah, y'all...

BTW, yeah, it is close to Dec., and your Bulls ain't doing too well. Management needs to do something about it, man.

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Unread 11-27-2007, 01:16 AM   #1062
???

ibzrg1570 is a glorious beacon of lightibzrg1570 is a glorious beacon of lightibzrg1570 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

UConn baby, that's my boy right there.

As good as the Celtics are I have to admit I was a bit surprised that a team like the Bobcats came so close to winning, not that I mind at all (another UConn alum there). The Bobcats have been surprisingly good so far this season though.
ibzrg1570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 01:48 AM   #1063
Resident Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azyiu View Post
Well, I am from Hong Kong originally, and some people from my generation do not want others to think we are from the mainland.

Yeah, y'all...

BTW, yeah, it is close to Dec., and your Bulls ain't doing too well. Management needs to do something about it, man.
I think the problems are also blind to management. John paxon has literally fallen in love with his creation. It's that simple. He thinks this team can go all the way and as much as it pains me to say it- they can't and won't. They lack 2 very important factors that most championship teams have( including all 6 bulls championship teams)

1. a post player, someone who can play with their back to the basket. (eddy curry... thanks pax. Looks like his health is just fine.)

2. A go-to scorer. Ben gordon's incosistent act is tiring and loul doesn't drive the basket enough.

You look at what danny ainge did. He gave up a crop of young talent and draft pick for kg while being able to reatin peirce. He was able to drop bad contracts and a lotery pick for allen. WHY COULDN'T PAX DO THE SAME??? He could have dropped young talent and draft picks to grap kobe. HE could have traded our loterry pick that turned out to be noah and an expiring contract(duhon,brown) for a legit strating center. I mean seriously pax- what the ....? like we really need another offensivly challenged rebounder/shot blocker who can't make a free throw if his life depended on it. Welcome back to town tyson chandler.

I don't blame skiles as much as I do pax. Yes, the players aren't listening to skiles- but had pax done a better job we might have players here that were willing to listen.

so in the end... Danny ainge, I tip my hat to you sir. I doubted you at first but this celtics team looks poised for a tittle run.

And john paxson- your days are numbered here in chicago. The only smart thing you've done all season is not giving ben" I only wanna play every other game or so" gordon a 14 million dollar a year contract extension. You still get a thumbs down and big .... you for falling so short.

The only way I see this being forgiven is if I see kobe in a bulls uniform this season.
Unread 11-27-2007, 11:56 AM   #1064
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
UConn baby, that's my boy right there.

As good as the Celtics are I have to admit I was a bit surprised that a team like the Bobcats came so close to winning, not that I mind at all (another UConn alum there). The Bobcats have been surprisingly good so far this season though.
Second night of a back-to-back on the road. The C's played horrible, the Bobcats got lucky and shot like 99% from deep. Considering all that happened, and they stilled pulled out a win, that's just great to me. The C's just don't pull out games like that in past seasons.

I'd also like to remind the people obsessing over Orlando, we lost by TWO, on THE ROAD. We had a flukey/terrible first half and were down 20 late in the 3rd quarter. We came back to take the lead. They lost the lead at the end (thanks to some nonstop Turkoglu 3's, boneheaded turnovers and horrendous phantom calls in Orlando's favor.). Given all that, is losing by TWO points on the road to Orlando really a statement game? I really don't think so. The C's have the best margin of victory by FAR (like +10 over San Antonio). They've had some relatively poor games thus far and have had to win a few close ones (lost one close one too). It happens.

Again, this is NOVEMBER, usually teams w/ practically an entirely new core takes a few months to get going. The C's are 11-1. Can't ask for any better. They'll only get better and better as the months go on (and next season).

PS: San Antonio and Phoenix just got spanked by jv teams. No one's perfect.
Unread 11-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #1065
ss.org Regular

smueske is a jewel in the rough
Oh God, I'm still pissed about the Garnett trade. WTF were the Timberwolves thinking?
smueske is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #1066
???

ibzrg1570 is a glorious beacon of lightibzrg1570 is a glorious beacon of lightibzrg1570 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by smueske View Post
Oh God, I'm still pissed about the Garnett trade. WTF were the Timberwolves thinking?
The T-Wolves weren't going to win a championship with Garnett anytime soon. I think they made the right choice by getting rid of him while he was still valued and investing in young talent. It'll take a few years, but Al Jefferson's already on his way to being a great center. With Randy Foye back and a few lottery picks in the coming seasons they'll be a contender in the near future.
Unread 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM   #1067
Nick // Axe Palace

The Wolves got a lot of talent back, they made out fine. Getting rid of Mark Blount and Ricky Davis was smart too. They're both schmucks. The Wolves will be good, and Jefferson signed for a very reasonable contract so they'll have flexibility to sign nice FAs in coming years.

I like Ryan Gomes a lot, but as for Gerald Green...I have no idea what the deal is with that guy. He seemed like a lock to be the next McGrady after watching him in his rookie year. He's regressed a lot since. Might have a problem upstairs, as his talent is off the charts.
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:43 PM   #1068
Resident Gangsta

Quote:
The Wolves got a lot of talent back, they made out fine. Getting rid of Mark Blount and Ricky Davis was smart too. They're both schmucks. The Wolves will be good, and Jefferson signed for a very reasonable contract so they'll have flexibility to sign nice FAs in coming years.

I like Ryan Gomes a lot, but as for Gerald Green...I have no idea what the deal is with that guy. He seemed like a lock to be the next McGrady after watching him in his rookie year. He's regressed a lot since. Might have a problem upstairs, as his talent is off the charts.
I agree 100 percent. The t-wolves weren't gonna find a better deal. they were looking for young talent, expiring contracts, and draft picks. They got all of that and now can rebuild properly.
Unread 11-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #1069
Triad Hitman

This NBA Thread is alive!!! For the first time in like forever, there are more than just me, Mr.Blackcock and occassionally Derek posting here.

Hey, Mr.Blackcock, what you said about the Bulls is quite true. On top of that, I think you guys need at least one post guy who can pass too. I just don't see too many passing or good passes in the couple games I saw thus far.

@ Nick, yes, it is still Nov., but I am not obessess with the Magic at all. I truly think they are an up and coming team, and they are just a good vet / leader away from being truly legit. Maybe D-Howard will develop quickly enough to play that role, we will see. If you look at the east, only the Raptors and the Magic (ok, maaaaaybe the Bucks too) are on the raise with young talents right now, and could be a potential threat in the playoffs to some teams. Even if none of them matter this season, they will still be around for the next few years.

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #1070
Resident Gangsta

Quote:
Hey, Mr.Blackcock, what you said about the Bulls is quite true. On top of that, I think you guys need at least one post guy who can pass too. I just don't see too many passing or good passes in the couple games I saw thus far.
Ben wallace (although he is not a offensive post player) is a very good and underrated passer. That is one of the reasons the bulls brought him in. When he is on- he is a damn fine passer, rebounder, and shotblocker.
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #1071
Triad Hitman

Quote:
Ben wallace (although he is not a offensive post player) is a very good and underrated passer. That is one of the reasons the bulls brought him in. When he is on- he is a damn fine passer, rebounder, and shotblocker.
Speaking of Big Ben, he is one of my fav forwards... ok, what is up with Skiles not even playing him in the 4th in most games? Ok, I know it goes both ways, man. Anyway, he is by far the best post defender you have got, and you have been involved in more than a few close 4th qtrs. Why not insert him to play in the 4th, man? You worry about other teams are going to play heck-a-Ben? Come on, you have an assistant for big men, make him work with Ben on his FTs and shooting, man! Or at the very least, assign some sort of such drills to Ben. My way of thinking is, if you don't feel comfortable playing a certain guy, it is fine, but at least make his minutes consistant. On the other hand, If he wants PT in the 4th, he must do something about his shooting or at least his FTs.

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Unread 11-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #1072
???

Honestly, I think it might be too late in his career for him to bring his shooting and FT% up. He's been playing defense almost exclusively for 11 years and likely won't change. The Bulls really do need a scoring big man to help out.
Unread 11-27-2007, 11:30 PM   #1073
Resident Gangsta

Quote:
Speaking of Big Ben, he is one of my fav forwards... ok, what is up with Skiles not even playing him in the 4th in most games? Ok, I know it goes both ways, man. Anyway, he is by far the best post defender you have got, and you have been involved in more than a few close 4th qtrs. Why not insert him to play in the 4th, man? You worry about other teams are going to play heck-a-Ben? Come on, you have an assistant for big men, make him work with Ben on his FTs and shooting, man! Or at the very least, assign some sort of such drills to Ben. My way of thinking is, if you don't feel comfortable playing a certain guy, it is fine, but at least make his minutes consistant. On the other hand, If he wants PT in the 4th, he must do something about his shooting or at least his FTs.

The reason he hasn't been playing in 4th quarters is cause they are getting blown out. What is the point of risking injury to the only legit center this team has when your already down by 20 plus points?? Espeacially when gordon is shooting 30 something percent and hinrich is on the bench with 5 fouls? There is no coming back from that my friend. His free throw shooting was NOT what pax brought him to chicago for. When he was signed that was something the media started bitching about. Whould you not sign shaq cause he can't shoot ft's worth a damn? would you not sign one of the best defensive players in nba history because he can't shoot ft's? No, you would sign both of them free throws be damned cause you know these guys are the type that push your team over the top.

Quote:
Honestly, I think it might be too late in his career for him to bring his shooting and FT% up. He's been playing defense almost exclusively for 11 years and likely won't change. The Bulls really do need a scoring big man to help out.
It's never to late to improve anything. But like I just told Azyiu- his free throw shooting is not why he was paid the big bucks to become a bull. No offense but you guys sound as stupid as the chicago media for bitching about that. WHo cares??? This guy is an amazing rebounder, shot blocker, and a 4 time defensive player of the year. If this team plays the way they should be it shouldn't come down to free throws.

as for your comment on the bulls needing a scoring big man-
way to state the obvious and reiterate what I just said. There aren't to many post players in the league right now. Most teams could use one.

Last edited by GH0STrider; 11-27-2007 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 11-28-2007, 12:17 AM   #1074
Triad Hitman

Of course, Paxson didn't sign Big Ben for his FT. But can you imagine, like Derek suggested, if he would've just work on that part of his game? Say, let's not being greedy here, he averages 65% at the line? I think the Bulls would be a much more dangerous team when the game is on the line in the 4th.

Hell, even Shaq made most of his FTs when they count.

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #1075
Resident Gangsta

Quote:
Of course, Paxson didn't sign Big Ben for his FT. But can you imagine, like Derek suggested, if he would've just work on that part of his game? Say, let's not being greedy here, he averages 65% at the line? I think the Bulls would be a much more dangerous team when the game is on the line in the 4th.

Hell, even Shaq made most of his FTs when they count.
Point to me one game for the bulls when big ben missed FTs when they counted? I've watched every bulls game since he signed. His missed FTs were never the result of a bulls lose. The guy can't shoot FTs. so what? A good part of the nba can't defend and give up a lot more points then ben misses out on with FTs.