homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Sports Talk
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sports Talk Shower Tom Brady with praise, and debate which is the real football here.

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #426
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Pens pull out another one, despite Tampa basically being spotted a goal by Kelly Sutherland

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #427
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Sweet jeebus what in the HELL happened to the Canucks? I just glanced at the score and it's 5-1 Hawks

Edit: Damn, 7-2 final

No sweep for the Canucks

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 04-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #428
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
God damn, what the .... happened??

I figured they would split the games in Chicago, but I figured Chicago would take the first one then Vancouver would take this one to go up 3-1.

Who would have ever seen a score like THAT coming judging by their previous games?

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #429
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Ok the end of that Pens/Lightening game was awesome. Double overtime, the announcer JUST finished talking about how Neal hasn't had a goal in 21 games with Pens, "Well Neal will get a big goal and those 21 games will be forgotten." As he finished saying that Neal shot from the boards and scored the game winner. Freaking PERFECT

PS - could the Pens PLEASE go back to playing the body on St. Louis?
MrMcSick likes this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 04-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #430
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

What in the hell is wrong with the Canucks? Just checked the score and they're losing 5-0

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 04-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #431
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Rough night, Habs lost a game they really shouldn't have for the second straight time, and the 'Nucks quite simply got destroyed

This great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
JeffFromMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 03:32 AM   #432
Derp

MrMcSick is just really niceMrMcSick is just really nice
Whoa, the saber's are now up in the series. hmmm.
MrMcSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #433
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

The question of the day: will the Pens show up and close out the lightening, or muff it and have to go back to Tampa

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 04-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #434
Autobot Facepalm

TheDivineWing22 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
The question of the day: will the Pens show up and close out the lightening, or muff it and have to go back to Tampa
I think that was an emphatic no. That was just awful to watch. Hopefully they'll wrap it up in game 6.

Good deals with larzly, thefpb2, 7 Strings of Hate, and Adam of Angels
TheDivineWing22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #435
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Yeah that was terrible

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 04-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #436
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
I'm starting to wonder if there are any Wings fans on this forum.

Anyway, I still haven't decided who I want to win this year if we're out.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #437
SS Contributor

kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Bruins pull it out in double OT!!!
booyah!!!!!
Tim Thomas saved the day again
Canadians are going down

Axe Fx II in da house
kmanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #438
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanick View Post
Bruins pull it out in double OT!!!
booyah!!!!!
Tim Thomas saved the day again
Canadians are going down
I think Ryder and Chara saved the day with those open-net blocks more than Thomas did. Thomas should really be thanking his posts too

seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
Unread 04-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #439
The Care Cup's Empty

Psyy is a jewel in the rough
Goaltending on both sides of the rink last night was incredible. Props to both Price and Thomas. Thomas (along with Price) is one of my favorite players, so I can handle Montreal losing.
Psyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #440
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittoa666 View Post
I'm starting to wonder if there are any Wings fans on this forum.

Anyway, I still haven't decided who I want to win this year if we're out.
There aren't many. People don't like Detroit because they've been good for so long. I grew up watching them though and will probably always be a fan. My current hero is Pavel Datsyuk, the guy is unreal.

The teams I like in the West are Detroit and Vancouver, and in the East Montreal and Buffalo. Looks like Montreal isn't going to make it past round one though. I only watched game 5 yesterday, but the Habs just looked bad (except for Price). Bad passes and giveaways all over the place.
troyguitar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #441
Unexpected Ally

xmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of lightxmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of lightxmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No flyers love around here?

http://soundcloud.com/unexpected-allies
http://www.facebook.com/unexpectedallies

A unique sounding, prog metal band, mars volta inspired vocals, fun guitar, and tons of diverse influences. Check us out, our instrumental album is out now, and the next one is coming soon
xmetalhead69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #442
The Care Cup's Empty

Psyy is a jewel in the rough
I'm actually hoping the Flyers make it out. Unlike every other team in the league, I like them as a team rather than due to a player or two. Personally, I'm glad Boucher got a chance to prove himself.

I also agree with Jeff. I've personally always had a problem cheering for the Wings because they're so damn good, and they've always been damn good. It just doesn't seem fair. If they met up with San Jose, I think I'd have to cheer for SJ, just because I'm ever forced to find the underdog and cheer for them, and SJ definitely looks like what could be called an underdog in that matchup, based off playoff performance.

Also, while I think of it, big props to Cory Schneider tonight in Chicago. I know he gave up two stupid, stupid goals, but to go into a game with a great deal of your own fanbase expecting you to fail, along with the hopes of many people in Canada that the cup will finally be won by one of our country's teams riding on your shoulders must be almost crushing. He played great, aside from his puck-playing. I'll personally be angry if Vancouver loses again on Tuesday and the series loss is blamed on him. I won't put it past the Luongo fans.
Psyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #443
Orange Vigilante

AvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of lightAvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of lightAvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyy View Post
Also, while I think of it, big props to Cory Schneider tonight in Chicago. I know he gave up two stupid, stupid goals, but to go into a game with a great deal of your own fanbase expecting you to fail, along with the hopes of many people in Canada that the cup will finally be won by one of our country's teams riding on your shoulders must be almost crushing. He played great, aside from his puck-playing. I'll personally be angry if Vancouver loses again on Tuesday and the series loss is blamed on him. I won't put it past the Luongo fans.
Schneider made some nice saves, but he just gave Chicago two goals that shouldn't have been. I know Luongo was shaky at best in the previous two games, but I was definitely wishing he had been in during the penalty shot. Lets not talk about blaming a series loss on anyone though. There will not be a series loss!

Metameric - "Sneaky prog rock" straight outta Seattle
(Our EP is now streaming for free!):
www.facebook.com/metamericband

www.twitter.com/metamericband

www.reverbnation.com/metameric
AvantGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #444
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Damn hope the Canucks pull it together for game 7...

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #445
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Speaking of hoping a team pull it together for game 7, the Pens need to get their shit together in a big way.
MrMcSick likes this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 04-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #446
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
3 game 7's at least during the first round, this is NOT making me happy to be having huge final exams this week Do I watch hockey or pass my classes? At least Detroit is not playing until the week is over!
troyguitar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 03:54 AM   #447
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmetalhead69 View Post
No flyers love around here?
Me! Things aren't looking good though

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #448
Autobot Facepalm

TheDivineWing22 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
3 game 7's at least during the first round, this is NOT making me happy to be having huge final exams this week Do I watch hockey or pass my classes? At least Detroit is not playing until the week is over!
Same boat here. I'll probably choose hockey though.

Good deals with larzly, thefpb2, 7 Strings of Hate, and Adam of Angels
TheDivineWing22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #449
Уродливый, но честны

Wow, worst call I've ever seen in my life

seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
Unread 04-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #450
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
I admit, I just haven't had the will to watch Vancouver since they lost game 4. I just had this feeling that it was all going to unravel, and unfortunately, so far it's proven correct. If they win tonight, my faith will be restored, but I'm sad to say with how much they've just lost it in the past few games, I'm not holding out. It just blows my mind how they could go from being up 3-0 with all the momentum and such a clear advantage in nearly every category to this... free fall!

I really thought this was the year, too.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote