homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Site Updates & Support > Site News & Support
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Site News & Support Contests, updates, additions & otherwise. If you have problems/suggestions, this is the place as well.

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Getting rid of rep/thanks system?

Is this still happening? I remember alex saying we were going to get rid of one of the two?

New "Like" system on SS.org
Ryan-ZenGtr- and brutalwizard like this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Personally I'm fine with getting rid of the like system entirely, as I've yet to find it serve a purpose; which leads me to wonder what the point was in the first place. I know there was a line saying how you can see the most liked posts in threads but still, most threads that need you to look for stuff like that you can skim through and find the big blocks of info and say "Huh, I bet that's useful!" Not to mention getting a notification for every like is ridiculously annoying and I can only imagine what the mods deal with
Ryan-ZenGtr- likes this.

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Yeah, the like system seems pointless to me too. something needs to give
Ryan-ZenGtr- likes this.
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Ryan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The like system is good. If you're writing to someone and want them to check it out you like their post in the thread, then it comes up on their new status messages.

It's handy to let people know you've replied to them and to check back in that thread.

If you read this message due to being "liked" then it works, as I've "liked" all previous posts.
Ryan-ZenGtr- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
I never check my Likes or visitor messages lol
gunshow86de likes this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
That to me is even MORE intrusive because now it seems like someone is going out of their way to respond back to you in a public manner vs. going to PMs or waiting for you to come back to the thread. It's e-nagging essentially; and no, I didn't come here because I saw the notification which I KNEW would be from this thread since complaining about the like system and then getting a like for it is "teh ultimate lulz" or so I've heard on these here intarwebs.

Plus, what happens when someone such as myself who has a handful or so posts a day in a dozen different threads gets like 5-6 different notifications at once? Sure, I know someone then liked my post but that doesn't mean they responded to it - or if they did it could've been a quote with something as simple as the guy added from their own post so why should I RUSH to read that?

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
I'm ambivalent towards the like system at this point.

However, if they get rid of the rep system, I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one.

When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming, as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #8
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I like the rep system, negative rep comments are hilarious (please don't ban me mods, I'm not complaining about the negative rep or insulating them in anyway, please almighty mods please have mercy )

Morphesia (Black Metal)
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Squirrelly Arts (Industrial Metal)
http://www.facebook.com/SquirrellyArts
Zombie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The "like" system is just as viable as it is on facebook.... take that however you'd like to
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think if I can ignore the "Like" notifications, anyone can.

If you guys don't like the system, stop using it. I do find it funny that those who don't like it, or see no need for it have given hundreds of likes.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
I'm ambivalent towards the like system at this point.

However, if they get rid of the rep system, I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one.

When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming, as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.

All righty then.

NO REP

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #12
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
I think if I can ignore the "Like" notifications, anyone can.

If you guys don't like the system, stop using it. I do find it funny that those who don't like it, or see no need for it have given hundreds of likes.
but you've never participated. How can you know you dont like, if you've never even tried it!

bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #13
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The worst thing with the "like" system is when you open an attachment and there is a big dirty bar going across half the picture. Just to say "x likes".

I think "tagging" members would be more useful than "likes", imo.
Sofos likes this.

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
NO REP
Aww.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 08-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #15
came and went

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
I like the likes (licks are nice too).

It's IMO better to click a like than it is to do this

^this
Randy, AxeHappy, Pooluke41 and 2 others like this.
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #16
H. Maddas

Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENCHLORD View Post
I like the likes (licks are nice too).

It's IMO better to click a like than it is to do this

^this
^this

Member of the Injustice League with Jaake, BrainArt and -42

I am "The red marmalade", a super awesome crime fighter who's power involves throwing chunky marmalade into the eyes of orphans; blinding them and stopping them from becoming successful.

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.-Royal Tart Toter.
Pooluke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

in-pursuit is just really nicein-pursuit is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I think the like system is pretty good, instead of giving rep for a funny post you get likes. I think people just use the like system in place of rep sometimes, like if somebody gives you some really helpful advice in a thread you started you should give rep instead of likes etc. it just seems like people don't give out rep very freely, and when they do it's quite often neg rep lol.
Randy and BlackMastodon like this.
in-pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #18
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
but you've never participated. How can you know you dont like, if you've never even tried it!

Never said I didn't like (no pun) the system. I just don't use it.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #19
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-pursuit View Post
I think the like system is pretty good, instead of giving rep for a funny post you get likes. I think people just use the like system in place of rep sometimes, like if somebody gives you some really helpful advice in a thread you started you should give rep instead of likes etc. it just seems like people don't give out rep very freely, and when they do it's quite often neg rep lol.
Indeed, I have noticed a sort of etiquette system develop since the "Like" system was introduced. Now, if you're the OP in a thread, you're still going to get rep in the form of Thanks, but if you're posting in someone else's thread, if you post something funny, you'll get Likes (unless it's really funny, in which case you'll often get a LOT of likes and a bit of rep). Help someone out or simply lend your knowledge to the topic at hand in an informative, constructive and/or insightful manner, and people will often reward you with rep.

It's fascinating to see how it comes together.

Still though, Rep > Likes.
in-pursuit likes this.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
Needs more strings

Metal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of light
Koop likes this.

"By the way, melted binding looks like marshmallow. But it really doesn't taste like it." - MapleLeaf97
Metal_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #21
..to pay the beels

skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
But.. but then when I look at the Public Ban List, I won't see..

ZEBOV likes this.

Also, some of the best rep I've ever gotten has been neg rep.

I got neg rep for christmas last year.
I cherish it. My special little christmas neg rep.

*sniffle*
Sofos and Joshua like this.
skeels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #22
H. Maddas

Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
Indeed, I have noticed a sort of etiquette system develop since the "Like" system was introduced. Now, if you're the OP in a thread, you're still going to get rep in the form of Thanks, but if you're posting in someone else's thread, if you post something funny, you'll get Likes (unless it's really funny, in which case you'll often get a LOT of likes and a bit of rep). Help someone out or simply lend your knowledge to the topic at hand in an informative, constructive and/or insightful manner, and people will often reward you with rep.

It's fascinating to see how it comes together.

Still though, Rep > Likes.
I know that feeling too well.

I just never get rep.

EDIT: Well in a thread about the like system, I got my 800th like!

Member of the Injustice League with Jaake, BrainArt and -42

I am "The red marmalade", a super awesome crime fighter who's power involves throwing chunky marmalade into the eyes of orphans; blinding them and stopping them from becoming successful.

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.-Royal Tart Toter.
Pooluke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:52 AM   #23
Jessofperdition

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I prefer the like system to the rep system. Less flaming.
Loomer likes this.

Not sure how to interact with transgender people? Read this:
http://tranifesto.com/transgender-fa...-trans-people/
Check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jessica-macarthur

"I have an easier time taking BabyMetal seriously than the vast majority of death and black metal that gets posted here." -wat

"You can fuck anything....how do you think evolution happened?" - mcd
tacotiklah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 05:18 AM   #24
came and went

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
We should just add dislikes and ditch the annonymous name-calling tool (rep). huhuh
Although if it weren't for someone neg-repping me and saying "stop your yapping about basswood", I might have never decided to try a basswood winged guitar for the first time.
Lately that guitar has been my go to axe (just love the lightness, and with EMGs they all sound the same anyways (lmfao).
thrsher and VBCheeseGrater like this.
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #25
Urwało mi dupę

peagull is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As a newer member of the Forum, the like system is easier to see and understand as it's just there. On every post you mouse over, the like button appears. The rep system is more of a "What are those green bars under their post count? Oh, I press the scales or press the thumbs up, I see.." If anything, I'd say the rep system could be more visible. It's explained well in the stickies, but the occasional browse through the ban list shows how many people ignore them.

I can see the arguments for both and can't see why they can't both work together
peagull is offline   Reply With Quote