homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Site Updates & Support > Site News & Support
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Site News & Support Contests, updates, additions & otherwise. If you have problems/suggestions, this is the place as well.

Like Tree107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

PetrucciVai is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SS.org mobile phone app

Good news, an SS.org android app is currently in progress!

I've always wanted a mobile app to browse SS.org and I started learning android development back in the spring and a few weeks ago I decided to take a stab at making a SS.org app of my own, kind of just as a proof of concept type of thing. So far everything I have tried to implement is working as far as I can tell and I plan on fully implementing it as a complete app, unless I run into any problems. Just wanna let the community know in case anyone was in my shoes and wanted a SS.org app to use!

MODS: if this is against any forum policies or anything please let me know. obviously I haven't released anything for anyone else to use because its just a prototype at this point, but I don't wanna piss anyone off!

If anyone is interested in helping me design the app and has any UI design or photoshop/fireworks/etc experience PM me! I could use some help making it look sleek and sexy.

Also, for those of you wondering, if I can complete the android version as a 100% fully working app I do plan on making an iPhone version, possibly a windows phone version as well if there is any interest.
troyguitar and Transmissions like this.
PetrucciVai is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 137 reviews
At this point in smart phones with androids having larger and larger screens what benefits would an app have over a browser (chrome) on android?
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Glad to see someone actually doing something, not just demanding it.

Though, I think before you move any further you should talk to the site's owner and admin. Here's his profile, though I suggest also e-mailing him.

Sevenstring.org - View Profile: Alex

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Awesome. 90% of my posting is done with my phone and it would be very nice having an app. Thanks dude
The Reverend likes this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/

BlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Much appreciated man. An iPhone app would be kickass though .

"Metal is for Vikings; if you're not a Viking, get off the boat." - The Beard

"He doesn't even like Metallica, that's how metal he is." - My friend describing my musical tastes to her friends.

"Aw man you got toilet water on your dick? I'm mad for you." - axxessdenied
BlackMastodon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nice! Iv asked about this before.

Il be sure to keep an eye out for it
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
Awaiting name change

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Praise the lord!

You deserve a free t-shirt.
PetrucciVai and Sofos like this.

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
At this point in smart phones with androids having larger and larger screens what benefits would an app have over a browser (chrome) on android?
Ease of use mainly. I for one have fat, stupid fingers and things like using Safari are tiny vs. say, Tapatalk/WAP sites where you can browse by section and the title doesnt require me to zoom in 1000x is a world of difference. Plus, have you ever not zoomed in when try to change the page on your phones browser and hit the "view like" button over, and over, and over, AND OVER? It's awful.

There's a reason apps like Tapatalk, ForumRunner, etc... were made - to make browsing forums easier. So why not use them?

(┤・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
So jaat.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #10
Banned

ZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYBERSYN View Post
Praise the lord!
....... But who is your lord?

It will be great to have this. Typing any post on this is a pain in the ass, especially if I need to just click on where I want to type. It highlights an entire word instead. And hopefully this will make it easier to keep up with the PBL.
The Reverend likes this.
ZEBOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #11
mids are overrated

MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.
+1 iPhone
TedEH and MetalBuddah like this.
MetalDaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #12
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 137 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
Ease of use mainly. I for one have fat, stupid fingers and things like using Safari are tiny vs. say, Tapatalk/WAP sites where you can browse by section and the title doesnt require me to zoom in 1000x is a world of difference. Plus, have you ever not zoomed in when try to change the page on your phones browser and hit the "view like" button over, and over, and over, AND OVER? It's awful.

There's a reason apps like Tapatalk, ForumRunner, etc... were made - to make browsing forums easier. So why not use them?
Ah you poor iPhone saps and that 3.5" screen
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
Divine Parad°x

Sephael is just really niceSephael is just really nice
lol don't need to see/ touch a screen to type, I can just tell Siri to tell you to get lost.
Sephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #14
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Ah you poor iPhone saps and that 3.5" screen
Eh, I'll take an aesthetically pleasing and easy to use OS at the cost of a slightly smaller screen Although I'll probably switch when it's time to upgrade just to see what's out there or if there isn't anything, then I'll stick with it.

(┤・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #15
ss.org Regular

Aftermath1 will become famous soon enough
Samsung Galaxy Note - 5.3" screen, come at me bro!
Aftermath1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #16
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
Galaxy SIII, 4.8" screen, works great for web browsing

I would be all over an app though, I practically live on this forum
FireInside likes this.

My band "Actuality":
https://www.facebook.com/ActualityBand
Australian Prog!
metal_sam14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #17
\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/

BlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^Been eying the SIII's and the new RAZR's. Once my contract is up in a year and a half I'm ditching this iPhone and trying out an android. I like my iPhone but there are a bunch of stupid little bugs that go on randomly and some things just bug me about it. And I feel like a pretentious douche.

"Metal is for Vikings; if you're not a Viking, get off the boat." - The Beard

"He doesn't even like Metallica, that's how metal he is." - My friend describing my musical tastes to her friends.

"Aw man you got toilet water on your dick? I'm mad for you." - axxessdenied
BlackMastodon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #18
Many Fingers

Valennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMastodon View Post
^Been eying the SIII's and the new RAZR's. Once my contract is up in a year and a half I'm ditching this iPhone and trying out an android. I like my iPhone but there are a bunch of stupid little bugs that go on randomly and some things just bug me about it. And I feel like a pretentious douche.
Droid RAZR is the shit. I've got one, love the hell out of it. I do recommend going for the MAXX variation, its a bit thicker, but that extra battery life is needed.

OT: Can't wait for this, navigating this site can be a slight pain at times

Affiliated with Ace Music of Newville, PA.

Valennic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

PetrucciVai is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the support everyone! I'm not working on it 24/7 or anything close to that, at this point its still just a side project or hobby I guess. But if I can get a from the site owner and everything I plan on making a kick ass mobile app (iPhone version included).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post

My thoughts exactly. Sure you can go into a native phone browser and get the job done just fine, but IMHO a phone app tailored to show you what you want in a clean easy to use interface is much, much more convenient to use. Plus I'm trying to learn all I can about mobile apps so why not!
PetrucciVai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #20
Many Fingers

Valennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of light
Whether its a full time project or not, kudos to you sir for undertaking it.

Affiliated with Ace Music of Newville, PA.

Valennic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #21
do u evn djent fggt?

JosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
for doing this.

I for one have a hard time navagating the site on my iPhone. Mostly with liking posts or searching. For some reason, whenever I try to search, I type in one letter and it throws me to the top left corner of the page

Anyway, can't wait to see how this turns out!

"Your picking hand scares me, Joseph" - My friend Pete

"If you can't enjoy one Meshuggah riff looped
for three hours straight, you're doing it wrong." -prh

"Having technical prowess is like masturbation: it's pretty
cool and it might please you, but there is still no emotional
connection between you and your hands." - broj15
JosephAOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #22
Awaiting name change

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
I am here for moral support!

Go mate!

Did you get the basket of muffins I sent you PetrucciVai?

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
Unread 07-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #23
Awaiting name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEBOV View Post
....... But who is your lord?
The one they call ZEBOV!
MetalBuddah likes this.

Unread 07-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #24
..to pay the beels

skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYBERSYN View Post
The one they call ZEBOV!
ZEBOV likes this.
MetalBuddah and Fiction like this.
skeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #25
THE. DEAD. SEASON.

FireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Great news, hope it sees the light of day.

Galaxy SIII = FTW! Love my new phone.
metal_sam14 likes this.

Six's:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
ESP LTD EC-1000 - EMG 81/81
Fender Strat - Duncan Blackout/Mick Thompson Blackout, tricked out.

Seven's:
Ibanez RG7321 - Blaze/Jazz w/Blackouts Modular Preamp.
ESP LTD M-107 tricked out.

ERG's:
ESP LTD VB-400 Viper Baritone - Blackout/EMG 85
Ibanez RGA8 - D Activator 8's
Ibanez RG8

Amp stuff:
Axe FX Ultra
Mesa Oversized 4x12
Line 6 Vetta HD
Framus Dragon 4x12

Basses:
Fender Jazz Bass - EMG's
Schecter Elite 4 Bass - EMG/BQC Control.
FireInside is offline   Reply With Quote