homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Site Updates & Support > Site News & Support
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Site News & Support Contests, updates, additions & otherwise. If you have problems/suggestions, this is the place as well.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
BTBAM!?

Selkies will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Closed thread due to not enough post count

So I listed an amp for a buddy of mine, Joe...who runs the ACG account now (Acacia Guitars)...his old account was Joeguitar717 (which had well over 300 posts and has been a member since 2008) He was prompted to delete his old account so he could use the ACG from now on, which he was fine with...so he did.

The thread I posted for him has now been closed because it is being based off of the ACG's post count? I just want to know why this is since I have over 100 posts on here and Joe had over 300 posts before he switched over to ACG. Is it solely because the ACG account doesn't have over 100 yet?...
Selkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't know specifically, but doing a quick search reveals that you only have 79 posts on the forum outside the marketplace, and 43 posts in the classifieds. Maybe buying and trading gear doesn't count towards being an active member, but instead reflects treating SS.org as a marketplace.

Again, I don't know, but that would be my guess.

----

I do know that the rules forbid having more than one account (permaban!), so if he started a second one he might have been given a chance to get it right.

If so, I could see writing to Alex, if the old account was about AG, and see if the two accounts could be merged.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
The way he said that Joe was prompted to use the new account though makes it sound like they (the mod staff) asked him to make a new account so he could act as a dealer and it would be easier to separate that account from his other one which just made it seem like a fanboy posting their stuff; thus having to always either remember Joe IS Acacia Guitars or ask him everytime only to be reminded

So, I don't think it was necessarily him making two accounts in the normal reasoning people make a duplicate which is to bitch and moan about their ban on their main account

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #4
ACG
AcaciaCustomGuitars

ACG is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah I willingly had my JoeGuitar717 closed so I could run the ACG account because I work for Acacia Guitars now. That's not where I'm confused. I just figured that since my JoeGuitar717 account had over 300 posts...that it was fine for by buddy (Selkies) to post a for sale thread on my behalf since he has 122 posts. I realize the ACG account doesn't have enough posts to sell anything...which I'm fine with since it isn't my intention to sell my personal gear through the ACG account hence me asking Selkies to post it for me.

It's not really a big deal, the amp is being sold through another avenue now, but I'm just confused as to why it was a problem, that's all. I've been posting on here since 2008...and love the forum...just want to understand the rules 100%!!

ACG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:07 AM   #5
MJS

MJS is just really niceMJS is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It probably would have made more sense to just have them change your user name on the old account.

In any case, though... I wouldn't expect them to bend the rules on that, or the place would probably be full of guitars being posted on behalf of others. It really should just be that you're dealing directly with the person posting the ad, rather than a middleman.

In addition to it being extra work for mods, it would also lead to a lot of people bitching at them with crap like "But if _____ does it, why can't I?"
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 136 reviews
I wasn't the one who pulled the plug but

1) Guitars being posted on behalf of others unless the party has the guitar in their possession it's not happening.

2) We moderators volunteer our time here - we don't have time to go check who's account was previously who's account nor do we care. If you were account X with barely enough to make a visible dent on the forum then switched over to account Y - we're not gonna know that nor are we gonna trace it back.

Your new account has less than the required posts and the guitar was being sold under someone else's account. This is for this case btw.

djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
It seems pretty straight forward someone posted a classifieds add for something they don't own or have in their possession. In addition the owner's account doesn't meet the classifieds requirements.

Edit: 'd

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
ACG
AcaciaCustomGuitars

ACG is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
I wasn't the one who pulled the plug but

1) Guitars being posted on behalf of others unless the party has the guitar in their possession it's not happening.

2) We moderators volunteer our time here - we don't have time to go check who's account was previously who's account nor do we care. If you were account X with barely enough to make a visible dent on the forum then switched over to account Y - we're not gonna know that nor are we gonna trace it back.

Your new account has less than the required posts and the guitar was being sold under someone else's account. This is for this case btw.

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up man. Just wanted to make sure I knew the rules fully!

ACG is offline   Reply With Quote