homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Site Updates & Support > Site News & Support
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Site News & Support Contests, updates, additions & otherwise. If you have problems/suggestions, this is the place as well.

Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

JohnnyD19 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Scammer Alert (ugg im kyle/kyl3mcg@gmail.com/xzero09@gmail.com)

So over a year ago I made a deal to trade my Ibanez RG7420 for a Washburn 6 string. I included money to ship the guitar and to have the Ibanez set up. In that time the user has come up with every excuse under the stars not to ship the instrument to me. I'm beyond fed up with him. He's stopped responding to my texts as well. I wouldn't recommend dealing with the user ugg im kyle. He's screwed me over big time on this one. I know he's probably never screwed anyone else over and he seems to be pretty popular around here, but this whole situation has been absolutely unprofessional and criminal.
flexkill likes this.
JohnnyD19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I would only ever sell to people here taking 100% cash up front and only buy from hardcore gear whores like Mesh, Engage, Adam, Nick, etc...that I know aren't crackheads.
squid-boy likes this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
S-O
t(-.-t)

S-O is just really niceS-O is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Attempt arbitration? Did you use paypal?
S-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 135 reviews
Why you waited more than 2 weeks is beyond me

Also to drop this a year later?? Are you serious?
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

I did use paypal. I'll try that. The only reason I'm dropping this right now is because we had been in contact and he'd seemed to be making an effort to ship it at christmas time. Then he stopped replying to text messages and facebook posts. I'm just fed up and needed to vent this out. I don't want anyone to go through the same thing I have. This isn't a personal attack on Kyle. It may look like it, because he seems to be a good guy, but his conduct when it came to this is beyond unprofessional.
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #6
came and went

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
that I know aren't crackheads.
They're just hiding it from us so they don't have to share .
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #7
SS Contributor

Isan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
Why you waited more than 2 weeks is beyond me

Also to drop this a year later?? Are you serious?
Now admit it! you only entered this thread due to googling "site:sevenstring.org mesh" didnt you ?
Michael T and Sofos like this.

Isan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
It's too bad this deal didn't work out. It's normally better to move on something like this sooner rather than later.

Since every one of your previous posts was purely in pursuit of buying and trading, and your last post before this topic was over a year ago, I'd like to express regret that you never felt the desire to engage more with your fellow members. Since the classifieds were your only interest here, and as even that minimal contact is now at an end, I suppose you're unlikely to suddenly gain any interest in the community as a whole.

I wish you luck in finding a community (if you even want that) and/or for-sale listings which better suit you. Cheers!

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
Banned

wayward is just really nicewayward is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
And just to add, you also shouldn't say you'll never deal with "anyone" on this site again; It's not like everyone here is going to rip you off. I've traded several times here and nobody has ripped me off. It's actually a very good selling and trading community compared to other places.
wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
Correct-handed

leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've had nothing but great experiences with people on this site. You just happened to catch a bad one.
AxeHappy and engage757 like this.

"Yeah, sometimes when you're cool, you spontaneously combust into a fireball of awesomeness" - RenegadeDave
leftyguitarjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitarjoe View Post
I've had nothing but great experiences with people on this site. You just happened to catch a bad one.
This is true. I have nothing bad to say about the Classifieds community here. Hell, I just got done with one of the fastest and smoothest trades since I started dealing on here. Don't let a lemon ruin the entire experience for you, broseph.
engage757 likes this.
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #12
ss.org Regular

kirbyy is on a distinguished road
Ibanez s7420 (black pearl)

looks like he sold your guitar shortly afterwards. sorry this happened dude, but it's the reason I'll never make a purchase of 200$+ with a non-retailer without picking it up in person. too much risk.
kirbyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #13
Rainbow In The Dark

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I bought a 2228 off a dude on this site, sent him 1k+ CAD pre-shipping and it arrived perfectly and on time, we're friends on Facebook now and all that jazz. Every transaction I've done has involved understanding, patient, workable people who have never scammed me once. Really ....ing sucks to hit a flake, but I wanna say like the others that I adore this community in general. I think you could buy off someone on here and get your faith in it back; just check iTraders and see if they have a history here!

Praise the sun!
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #14
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Helps if you take the time to look here:

ugg im kyle

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #15
ss.org Regular

I'm sorry for any of the negative things that anyone took towards themselves. I was pretty worked up last night. I just remembered all of my information for this site and was able to get on last night. I wont be leaving here, because a majority of the people on here have been great to me.
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
Banned

thedarkoceans is just really nicethedarkoceans is just really nice
I'd say (for the mods): Ban him.this is clearly becoming his hunting ground,ban that guy.

just an idea,i dont want to be a mod-suggester haha
matt397 likes this.
thedarkoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #17
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
From => Worst NGD Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugg im kyle View Post
I work at Guitar Center man, and I know we don't have the BEST rep with anything, but I would never go to Best Buy for anything musical. Anyone who has ever walked in our door from there was totally filled with the wrong information. From prices, to wrong cables. For anyone reading this thread, if any of you are trying to hunt anything down what so ever, call and ask for me at North Olmsted | Guitar Center
Even if it's just for a simple question you need a fast answer to, just tell me you're from SS.org.
Perhaps you should give Kyle a ring and tell him you are trying to hunt down that guitar he never sent you? If he doesn't want to deal with you, I'm sure his boss would be interested to know that Kyle is publicly identifying himself as a Guitar Center employee whilst scamming people out of guitars.

North Olmsted
26635 Brookpark Road Extension
North Olmsted, OH44070
Phone: (440) 777-7900

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #18
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Good idea is good. Give em a call OP!
thedarkoceans likes this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #19
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
I had to rep Gunshow for that. The fact that Kyle put his information out there voluntarily was probably to gain sales, but it was his choice to do so.

I also like his actually having given permission to be contacted on this matter at work, as this is clearly about trying to hunt down an instrument he specifically was to send out. The irony is almost too much to bear.

Quote:
if any of you are trying to hunt anything down what so ever, call and ask for me at North Olmsted | Guitar Center
The brilliance behind unearthing this is to be commended.

And, best of all, it made me laugh.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #20
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
I try to chase down scammers that come through this site. I've talked to Kyle more than once and never saw any potential threat.. I've gone back and forth with him in an attempt to make a few deals, but never could get him to agree on any terms. That's not typical of a scam artist, so your story is a bit surprising.

If you need any help getting to the bottom of this, please contact me.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 05:57 AM   #21
Winning...duh

craigny is just really nicecraigny is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Stuff like this gives us legitimate gear whores a bad name...lol...but seriously...ive had nothing but good experiences on this as well as other forums in regards to trading...this whole online world is smaller than you think...it seems like a good community as a majority..but his story sends a chill down my spine...you never want to get burned like that...i hope you can possibly resolve it.
craigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #22
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
I wasn't sure from your post, but did you ship your guitar to him? Or are you just out shipping fees?
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #23
Winning...duh

craigny is just really nicecraigny is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction View Post
I wasn't sure from your post, but did you ship your guitar to him? Or are you just out shipping fees?
I believe he sent his guitar plus money to ship his new one back as well as paying for setup work.
craigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #24
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayward View Post
And just to add, you also shouldn't say you'll never deal with "anyone" on this site again; It's not like everyone here is going to rip you off. I've traded several times here and nobody has ripped me off. It's actually a very good selling and trading community compared to other places.
Exactly... I'm delightful...

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
Exactly... I'm delightful...
I agree. What a djentleman.
Konfyouzd likes this.