homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Site Updates & Support > Site News & Support
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Site News & Support Contests, updates, additions & otherwise. If you have problems/suggestions, this is the place as well.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Admin

Alex is a splendid one to beholdAlex is a splendid one to beholdAlex is a splendid one to beholdAlex is a splendid one to beholdAlex is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post SS.org Moving to New Server Tonight @ 12AM EST

Due to increasing traffic to SevenString.org, and the periodic downtime from DDoS attacks, it has become necessary to move the site to a new, more powerful dedicated server.

This move is scheduled to be performed tonight at 12 AM EST. The downtime will be approximately 60 minutes. Some posts or threads may be lost during the domain propagation period. Domain propagation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look forward to seeing you back here on the new and improved dedicated server!

New Server Specs:

Dual Processor Quad Core Xeon 5430 - 2.66GHz - 2 x 12MB cache
Dual Processor Quad Core Xeon 5430 - 2.66GHz - 2 x 12MB cache
6 GB DDR2 Registered RAM
147GB SA-SCSI 15K RPM Hard Drive (files)
73GB SA-SCSI 15K RPM Hard Drive (database)
CentOS 5.x Operating System

Old Server Specs:

Dual Processor Dual Core Opteron 2212 - 2.00GHz - 4 x 1MB cache
Dual Processor Dual Core Opteron 2212 - 2.00GHz - 4 x 1MB cache
4 GB DDR2 Registered RAM
147GB SA-SCSI 10K RPM Hard Drive
CentOS 4.x Operating System
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Great to hear! Thanks Alex.

I hope it goes smoothly on your end.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Also I noticed you didn't say anything about ECC memory, but I'm sure thats implied right?

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Thanks Alex!
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Who's awesome? Alex is awesome.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Admin

Alex is a splendid one to beholdAlex is a splendid one to beholdAlex is a splendid one to beholdAlex is a splendid one to beholdAlex is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Customisbetter View Post
Also I noticed you didn't say anything about ECC memory, but I'm sure thats implied right?
Yep, ECC FB-DIMM DDR2.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Awesome news! Thanks Alex

As has been mentioned, hope it goes smoothly...

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Nice!

So who's DDoS:ing this site anyway? *gets a gun*
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Yep, ECC FB-DIMM DDR2.
Ok I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for keeping us going!

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nice one!
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #11
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
thanks alex
signalgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 133 reviews
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #13
: roll :

techcoreriffman is just really nicetechcoreriffman is just really nice
Awesome news.

[SevenStringSam] 8:31 pm: im literally gunna shove an ice dildo up my ass

[Necris] 4:55 pm: Its like going balls deep on a whale when its rectum is made of cactuses.
[Necris] 4:56 pm: Another song title.
techcoreriffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #14
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thanks
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hell yes

Let's just hope nothing major breaks during the move

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Chickenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #16
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
sweet, DNS seems to have propagated
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #17
Archrocker

Kr1zalid is a jewel in the rough

"You've heard djent, this is thrunnnggg and thrennnggg" - ixlramp on Blut Aus Nord's 777 sects album

God bless you all!! Cheers
- Kr1zalid -
Kr1zalid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #18
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Ha! I go to bed with it working and wake back up to it working. Take that, Europeans!

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #19
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^ I had no problem , but thats simply because Britain is GREAT

Cheers Alex, glad to see things went smoothly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #20
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Ha! I go to bed with it working and wake back up to it working. Take that, Europeans!

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #21
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
QFT!

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #22
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
great stuff Alex, thanks a lot!!
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 03:00 AM   #23
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
I lost like 10 comments from this last night!

Damn you yanks!

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote