homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Old 01-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
Mecki213
ss.org Regular

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dillion 7 strings

Hey guys!
Does anyone around here tried a Dillion 7 string? I bought both of mine off of Ebay a few years ago, i have a red one with a fixed bridge and a green one with a Floyd knockoff. Both are Ibanez RG-type bodied with flame maple tops. Honestly, they are both probably the best-playing guitars i've ever laid my hands on. The action on both of them is insane. The stock pickups are actually not bad, either. The bridge pickup in my red one is amazing! The fretwork on both guitars is amazing, too. WAY better than any other production 7 i've played (yes, even the Universe). The bad: the electronics they use are kinda cheap and crappy. Not horrible or anything, but don't count on using the same pickup switch for the rest of your life... the Floyd on the green one kinda sucks. It stays in tune pretty well, but it just has a crappy feel to it. I just keep it blocked, so it basically just makes the guitar heavier than it has to be! The best part? I got both of mine for under $275 each!
They're getting harder and harder to find, so if you run across one, snatch it up!
Mecki213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
Emperoff
Hasta la vista, Baby

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I bought a Black RG-style 7-string Dillion with floyd rose not long ago, and I'm still impressed by the quality of the whole guitar, it's really a pro level instrument, and I only paid 230$ for it!!! i tried an Ibanez RG (don't know if it was the 7620 or the 7420) and I like more the neck profile of the Dillion than the Ibanez's.

My only complaint is that the pups are a bit noisy, but sound great (both!) and the clean it's not amazing, but the whole guitar totally blows away any 7- string guitar under 800$
Emperoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 06:23 PM   #3
Jerich
...is bitching

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I passed on a GREEN one with Gold Hardware..Now you make me even more regretful that I did not purchase it for a low price of $150.00. Post some photo's of them both guys...

Brunetti Amplifiers
Member since 07-02-2004..
Jerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:35 PM   #4
SevenatoR
Seven String Slinger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I picked up a used one that was hanging in GC a while back. I was impressed. Felt just like an RG. (hmmm....lawsuit?) Good and heavy. Didn't plug it in, tho. The strings were in crappy shape, so it would have been hard to get a "real" idea of how it played, but for the prices I've seen them going for, anyone on a tight budget should probably give them a look.
SevenatoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:26 AM   #5
eleven59
None shall pass.

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hmm...I could use a backup 7...I'll have to go see if that one in a local shop is still there...

...or if it was a Dillion...might have been a Jay Tursor...

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:37 AM   #6
Jason
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i got a dillion 6 string acoustic and it is quite nice...
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:03 PM   #7
Emperoff
Hasta la vista, Baby

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'll post some pics soon I don't have camera, but as soon as I catch one, I'll post the pics up there.

BTW, I had to retract about the clean sound of the pickups; after tweaking a little the amp, I can get crystal-clean sounds for arpeggios or fender-like sounds for chords... This guitar just handle everything!
I was wondering about changing the pickups for EMGs, but I guess that a good shielding would solve the noise problem and save me a lot of money.
Emperoff is offline   Reply With Quote