homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
7 Dying Trees
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
An open letter to Israel

Oh Israel, how can you justify:

1) Shelling a UN aid convoy during a ceasefire
2) Moving 110 palestinian civilians into a house, then shelling it killing 30
3) Using a tank to shell a UN school
4) Refusing to accept a UN resolution calling for an immediate ceasefire.

As for the people that live there, none of you that stand by and let this happen as part of israel deserve to live there, you do not deserve to stand on ground forcibly taken from others to give to you in the wake of the second world war, none of deserve to walk the soil of your holy land after you have soaked it in that much blood.

Don't you remember being persecuted? Don't you remember a country senselessly trying to systematically wipe you out? Don't you remember innocent women and children being incinerated and gassed in concentration camps? Camps that are effectively areas of land cut off from the rest? Where the captors control the flow of food to the captees? Much like you are doing in Gaza?

Don't forget, you were forcibly put on land where they lived, you allowed settlers to enroach on more land, you've been aggressive to everyone around you under the name of your god, you've withheld basic human neceseties from a race you regard as inferior (much as hitler regarded the jews, invalids and homosexuals), you have shelled them accepting a massively skewed civilian to combatants killed ratio where you are just killing civilians like roaches that you so despise.

All of you are covered in blood. Do you really think that whatever god you worship believes in you taking the lives of his creations solely because you believe he is on your side?

Remember, "Got ist mit uns" was inscribed on every nazi soldiers uniform, they believed that too.

And congratulations with creating another generation of people who will remember tanks killing their parents, friends, family for no good reason other than you wanting to attack a few militants. They will hate you even more now, just as everyone else will slowly start to see you for what you really are. An aggressive, militant death hungry beast, worshipping at the alter of war.

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Old 01-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
loktide
dotlike

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i share your feelings on the subject
Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
silentrage
The DeRailer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
Oh Israel, how can you justify:

1) Shelling a UN aid convoy during a ceasefire
2) Moving 110 palestinian civilians into a house, then shelling it killing 30
3) Using a tank to shell a UN school
4) Refusing to accept a UN resolution calling for an immediate ceasefire.

As for the people that live there, none of you that stand by and let this happen as part of israel deserve to live there, you do not deserve to stand on ground forcibly taken from others to give to you in the wake of the second world war, none of deserve to walk the soil of your holy land after you have soaked it in that much blood.

Don't you remember being persecuted? Don't you remember a country senselessly trying to systematically wipe you out? Don't you remember innocent women and children being incinerated and gassed in concentration camps? Camps that are effectively areas of land cut off from the rest? Where the captors control the flow of food to the captees? Much like you are doing in Gaza?

Don't forget, you were forcibly put on land where they lived, you allowed settlers to enroach on more land, you've been aggressive to everyone around you under the name of your god, you've withheld basic human neceseties from a race you regard as inferior (much as hitler regarded the jews, invalids and homosexuals), you have shelled them accepting a massively skewed civilian to combatants killed ratio where you are just killing civilians like roaches that you so despise.

All of you are covered in blood. Do you really think that whatever god you worship believes in you taking the lives of his creations solely because you believe he is on your side?

Remember, "Got ist mit uns" was inscribed on every nazi soldiers uniform, they believed that too.

And congratulations with creating another generation of people who will remember tanks killing their parents, friends, family for no good reason other than you wanting to attack a few militants. They will hate you even more now, just as everyone else will slowly start to see you for what you really are. An aggressive, militant death hungry beast, worshipping at the alter of war.
Say hello to my little friend, the no-fly list.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
ohio_eric
SS Contributor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

James nailed it.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
silentrage
The DeRailer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
UN Report Details Israeli Round up and Bombing of Civilians

Yay, more goodie.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
7 Dying Trees
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentrage View Post
Say hello to my little friend, the no-fly list.
Oh well

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Old 01-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #7
Mr. S
tacos?

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
well said James

Knights that say
Old 01-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
7 Strings of Hate
Mid-Level Asshole

Feedback Score: 36 reviews
quick question, its hard to tell when you live in a country that invades another country, what the rest of the world thinks. I dont really think isreal is doing the right thing here either, but from non american standpoints, is this the same way you looked at america invading iraq? i'm just curious

Confront and Destroy!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
ZeroSignal
Appreciates Kwolity

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Strings of Hate View Post
quick question, its hard to tell when you live in a country that invades another country, what the rest of the world thinks. I dont really think isreal is doing the right thing here either, but from non american standpoints, is this the same way you looked at america invading iraq? i'm just curious
Pretty much.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #10
7 Strings of Hate
Mid-Level Asshole

^but your also touchy to these situations just messing with ya.

Confront and Destroy!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #11
ZeroSignal
Appreciates Kwolity

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
^but your also touchy to these situations just messing with ya.
SILENCE!!!

I keel you!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #12
kmanick
SS Contributor

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by loktide View Post
i share your feelings on the subject
+1 here

Axe Fx II in da house
JVM in da House
Old 01-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #13
wannabguitarist
SS Contributor

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Old 01-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #14
Rick
ALL HAIL DJOD

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Damn.

Go James.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Old 01-10-2009, 01:42 AM   #15
Stealthdjentstic
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Although its true, there are many Israeli's who probably dont support the war/attacks on Palestine, like in the US.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #16
S-O
t(-.-t)

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The world needs a time out.

I command everyone .......... to orgasm, in order to relieve stress. Lets all come back tomorrow with our heads on right after fapping/squelching one out.

Honestly, I can not think of a 'make everyone happy' solution, but I wish the world would be smart enough to calm the .... down. There are plenty of people to blame, but the fault lies on everyone, so we ought to just worry about the now and the future, rather than who to hang at the next War crime trials. Next, I hope we as a race can evolve beyond religion, or atleast move towards a self religion, not ones that cause mass hysteria and mob mentalities. I have nothing against religion, it just seems religion is against the world.

Not that religion is even at fault, as mentioned above, .... blame. I just am pissed at the world, including myself, that we have been taking this all on our asses, all the corrupt police shootings, all the evil that surrounds us is suffocating our love.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #17
chimp_spanner
I am a meat popsicle

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-O View Post
There are plenty of people to blame, but the fault lies on everyone,
Very true. I find it remarkable that a news station can report on kids dying of starvation, families being blown up, and .... knows what else and then move on to the days sports headlines.

It's like we've been conditioned to think that this .... 'just happens' to some people, and life has to go on.

It's a crime. A crime against humanity, by humanity, that we think it's normal for this stuff to happen and not care about it.

People are people. We should all care.

I know the world doesn't, and probably couldn't function like that (with the current model of society and industry and blah blah) but it still pisses me off.

Chimp Spanner on teh webz:

Homepage
MySpace
Soundclick
My parents!

Old 01-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #18
Cancer
Cancer:The Crucifuct

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimp_spanner View Post
It's a crime. A crime against humanity, by humanity, that we think it's normal for this stuff to happen and not care about it.

People are people. We should all care.

IMO, it's not that we don't care, it's just we don't know what to do about it. Taking the present subject into account, as a citizen living, literally, half way around the world, what are my options on the "do something" list?

You realize as little as 50 years ago, the attacks in Gaza may have happened and we may not have known about for days, weeks, or months, if at all. I'm not using this an excuse, I'm asking seriously, as a species, what are our options in resolving this issue?
Old 01-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #19
7 Strings of Hate
Mid-Level Asshole

^word

Confront and Destroy!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #20
xXxPriestessxXx
One Among the Fence

Quote:
It is exactly the same way I feel about the Iraq thing. Honestly I think that Israel is just another way that America can try to further its "diplomacy" in the middle east. I thought the age of imperialism was dead but apparently the US didn't get the memo.

Stash the trash, beautify SS.org. Do your part to keep this place great. To learn more about the forum rules; CLICK HERE.

"You are the music, while the music lasts"- T.S. Eliot
Old 01-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #21
7 Strings of Hate
Mid-Level Asshole

^so your blaming america for isreal's current actions? that doesnt make much sense

Confront and Destroy!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #22
xXxPriestessxXx
One Among the Fence

Not blaming them for what they are doing but we aren't really putting our foot down to stop them either.

Stash the trash, beautify SS.org. Do your part to keep this place great. To learn more about the forum rules; CLICK HERE.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #23
Metal Ken
Hates the Air

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxPriestessxXx View Post
It is exactly the same way I feel about the Iraq thing. Honestly I think that Israel is just another way that America can try to further its "diplomacy" in the middle east. I thought the age of imperialism was dead but apparently the US didn't get the memo.
I just thought this whole thing was Israel being a little bitch cause they know whatever they do, short of genocide, biological warfare, or nukes, America will back them up.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #24
xXxPriestessxXx
One Among the Fence

Yeah I was trying to say that. thank you.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #25
zimbloth
Nick // Axe Palace

Feedback Score: 50 reviews
I agree with a lot of the points raised in this thread. However I'd like to see what some Israeli citizens have to say on the matter, as I get the impression the media coverage of this conflict is pretty one sided. Not saying the atrocities aren't true, but I have a feeling Hamas is not innocent here either.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Mesa/Boogie, Rhodes Amplification, ESP, Jackson, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Framus, Diezel, Orange, Parker, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

Closed Thread