homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:24 PM   #1
TotallyBr00tal
ss.org Regular

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The world is Ruined

Give specific examples of how our current President has ruined the World, cause I don't understand this.
TotallyBr00tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:25 PM   #2
Metal Ken
Hates the Air

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
check out the current exchange rates
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:28 PM   #3
Stitch
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
@ exchange rates.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
Jongpil Yun
SS Contributor

Falling dollar, rising oil prices, subprime mortgages, global warming, war in Iraq, Afghanistan, terrible relations with most of the middle east, disgustingly cozy relations with Saudi Arabia, Guantanamo & the suspension of habeas corpus, budget deficit, healthcare inadequacy, slashing the budget of sciences, his ridiculous tax cuts at the start of his term, corruption, alliance with big business, abuse of presidential power, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh yeah, and he censors any information coming out of the EPA, fish & wildlife, etc. that he doesn't like.

IMO Andrew Johnson and Buchanan give him a run for his money though.

The greatest? Washington, Lincoln, and Roosevelt of course. I might add Polk simply because he was able to steal 1/3 of Mexico for us. Way to go, dude.

Whether it's laughable or irrational, this is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our own hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!
Who the hell do you think we are?
Jongpil Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:52 PM   #5
Metal Ken
Hates the Air

You forgot to mention the fact that george bush is using tax $$ for religious institutions.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
TotallyBr00tal
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongpil Yun View Post
Falling dollar, rising oil prices, subprime mortgages, global warming, war in Iraq, Afghanistan, terrible relations with most of the middle east, disgustingly cozy relations with Saudi Arabia, Guantanamo & the suspension of habeas corpus, budget deficit, healthcare inadequacy, slashing the budget of sciences, his ridiculous tax cuts at the start of his term, corruption, alliance with big business, abuse of presidential power, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

IMO Andrew Johnson and Buchanan give him a run for his money though.

The greatest? Washington, Lincoln, and Roosevelt of course. I might add Polk simply because he was able to steal 1/3 of Mexico for us. Way to go, dude.
Ok most of these things you mention were already ....ed up when he was elected so those dont count and as for the abuse of presidential power how, Congress voted for the War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
You forgot to mention the fact that george bush is using tax $$ for religious institutions.
I Don't know if this is true but at the same time these religous institutions do a lot of good for their local communities such as providing food for the poor, clothing donations, helping with education, housing projects, scholarships for colleges and I could go on here, so thats a bad thing and after all this is "One Nation Under GOD"

Last edited by TotallyBr00tal; 11-30-2007 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
Metal Ken
Hates the Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyBr00tal View Post
I Don't know if this is true but at the same time these religous institutions do a lot of good for their local communities such as providing food for the poor, clothing donations, helping with education, housing projects, scholarships for colleges and I could go on here, so thats a bad thing and after all this is "One Nation Under GOD"
They do. But they should be kept seperate from the government. I dont want my money funding christian organizations who preach ignorance on things like sexual education.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
Metal Ken
Hates the Air

Quote:
Ok most of these things you mention were already ....ed up when he was elected so those dont count and as for the abuse of presidential power how, Congress voted for the War.
Dollar was rising before bush got elected. Housing bubble burst in 2004/5. Bush invaded iraq and afghanistan, and started guantanamo. The only thing he might not be directly responsible for in that list is higher oil prices.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #9
Stitch
Banned

...but you could certainly look to him as to why the rise in prices has hit the US so hard.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
Metal Ken
Hates the Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
...but you could certainly look to him as to why the rise in prices has hit the US so hard.
Which dumbfounds me considering his ties with saudi arabia and our assraping of iraq. If anything, i should be paying 25 cents a gallon by now.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #11
Jongpil Yun
SS Contributor

Quote:
Which ones? And his abuse of power? Please, if you don't know, you need to do some reading. His ridiculous "signing statements", his wiretapping program, rampant cronyism, hell, there's probably a lot more I can't remember or simply don't know about. No one since Lincoln (or maybe FDR) has grabbed so much power as president, and Lincoln had a damn good reason. And, he went to congress to ask for the temporary suspension of habeas corpus, with a well defined ending point.

Quote:
Secular institutions do just as good a job, and in the case of a lot of things like oh say, sexual education, much better. And I'll have you know that "one nation under god" was added to the pledge of allegiance (a disgusting habit anyways, I think) during the red scare in the '50s, as was "In God We Trust" on the dollar, which replaced "e pluribus unum". You're standing on shaky ground.This nation was not founded in God's name, it was founded in the name of liberty.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:15 PM   #12
garcia3441
Tone Whore

Quote:
Based on cherry-picked intel. provided by the White House.

As for abuse of power; I'll start with the domestic spying program and work from there.

"Im sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth. "
John Lennon
garcia3441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #13
TotallyBr00tal
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Which ones? And his abuse of power? Please, if you don't know, you need to do some reading. His ridiculous "signing statements", his wiretapping program, rampant cronyism, hell, there's probably a lot more I can't remember or simply don't know about. No one since Lincoln (or maybe FDR) has grabbed so much power as president, and Lincoln had a damn good reason. And, he went to congress to ask for the temporary suspension of habeas corpus, with a well defined ending point.

Secular institutions do just as good a job, and in the case of a lot of things like oh say, sexual education, much better. And I'll have you know that "one nation under god" was added to the pledge of allegiance (a disgusting habit anyways, I think) during the red scare in the '50s, as was "In God We Trust" on the dollar, which replaced "e pluribus unum". You're standing on shaky ground.This nation was not founded in God's name, it was founded in the name of liberty.
Shaky ground dude the founders of this country were religous and believed in God strongly. As for the Pledge of allegiance being disgusting get out bro, your a disgrace for saying that, this is what I am trying to get at the fact that people do not believe in this country anymore with all these liberal retarded ideas. As for the wiretapping, you have something to hide bro your planning something. I would rather have wiretapping than go to work one day and have a ....in plane blow it up, ok bro.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:29 PM   #14
ohio_eric
SS Contributor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wouldn't say Bush has ruined the world so much because most of it now just fears or laughs at us. What Bush has done is .... up our standing in the world.

Once America was the world's last superpower. We had a strong economy, we were looked as strong moral nation who inspired oppresed people to fight for freedom.

Now we're seen as thugs who invade nations without provokation and torture our prisoners and deny them basic human rights.

Our once strong economy is now in shambles. The dollar is falling. Bush has borrowed over a trillion dollars from foreign sources which is more than the previous 42 presidents combined.

This war has crippled our military and killed over 3800 Americans and wounded over 25000 more and killed God only knows how many Iraqis for no good reason.

Bush is easily the worst president ever and will probably be viewed as one of the worst world leaders ever.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #15
Jongpil Yun
SS Contributor

Quote:
Shaky ground dude the founders of this country were religous and believed in God strongly.
Many of them were deists. Many at times espoused what amounted to atheistic views, but at the time, it was common practice to ally yourself with the church regardless of whether you believed it or not. Look at how many people today claim to be Christian but probably don't even give a damn or go to church.

Quote:
As for the Pledge of allegiance being disgusting get out bro, your a disgrace for saying that, this is what I am trying to get at the fact that people do not believe in this country anymore with all these liberal retarded ideas.
The pledge of allegiance always struck me as the kind of blind patriotism and jingoistic brainwashing that makes it so easy to keep all the trappings of patriotism with none of the substance. IMO, it's something you should do once, at 18+. Think of how much significance it has to the majority of people. Hell, think of how many people think it's "invisible, under god". You want to show you love your country? Do what's best for it, instead of buying magnetic ribbons to throw on your car and hanging a 20 foot flag. Educate yourself and vote.

Quote:
As for the wiretapping, you have something to hide bro your planning something. I would rather have wiretapping than go to work one day and have a ....in plane blow it up, ok bro.
Oh forgive his fascist tendencies, Allah, for he knows not what he says.

I think I should elaborate here.

Will the wiretapping .... save lives? Probably. Will torturing people at gitmo to extract information and confessions save lives? Probably. Do I give a damn? No. Freedom, transparency, and liberty are what we stand for. If we abandon those things for the pretense of safety, we have lost what it means to be America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talib Kweli
Those who would trade in their freedom for their protection deserve neither.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:45 PM   #16
TotallyBr00tal
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_eric View Post
I wouldn't say Bush has ruined the world so much because most of it now just fears or laughs at us. What Bush has done is .... up our standing in the world.

Once America was the world's last superpower. We had a strong economy, we were looked as strong moral nation who inspired oppresed people to fight for freedom.

Now we're seen as thugs who invade nations without provokation and torture our prisoners and deny them basic human rights.

Our once strong economy is now in shambles. The dollar is falling. Bush has borrowed over a trillion dollars from foreign sources which is more than the previous 42 presidents combined.

This war has crippled our military and killed over 3800 Americans and wounded over 25000 more and killed God only knows how many Iraqis for no good reason.

Bush is easily the worst president ever and will probably be viewed as one of the worst world leaders ever.
torture prisoners, what about the terrorists cutting prisoners heads off and filming it thats not bad huh wow the U.S. is so bad man. Our country has slowly become weak because of sissy liberal idiots like you twisting peoples minds with foolish ideals.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:47 PM   #17
garcia3441
Tone Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_eric View Post
Now we're seen as thugs who invade nations without provocation and torture our prisoners and deny them basic human rights.
As an aside after WW2 Japanese guards who waterboarded US POWs were tried as war criminals.

All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth. "
John Lennon
Old 11-30-2007, 09:47 PM   #18
Stitch
Banned

Excellent! So we should start doing what the East that you despise so much does?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #19
TotallyBr00tal
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Many of them were deists. Many at times espoused what amounted to atheistic views, but at the time, it was common practice to ally yourself with the church regardless of whether you believed it or not. Look at how many people today claim to be Christian but probably don't even give a damn or go to church.

The pledge of allegiance always struck me as the kind of blind patriotism and jingoistic brainwashing that makes it so easy to keep all the trappings of patriotism with none of the substance. IMO, it's something you should do once, at 18+. Think of how much significance it has to the majority of people. Hell, think of how many people think it's "invisible, under god". You want to show you love your country? Do what's best for it, instead of buying magnetic ribbons to throw on your car and hanging a 20 foot flag. Educate yourself and vote.

Oh forgive his fascist tendencies, Allah, for he knows not what he says.

I think I should elaborate here.

Will the wiretapping .... save lives? Probably. Will torturing people at gitmo to extract information and confessions save lives? Probably. Do I give a damn? No. Freedom, transparency, and liberty are what we stand for. If we abandon those things for the pretense of safety, we have lost what it means to be America.
Okay so basically sit back don't do anything and let our enemies kill us and destroy our country, great grand wonderful, you are the ultimate liberal wacko that is ruining this country.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #20
Metal Ken
Hates the Air

Quote:
Shaky ground dude the founders of this country were religous and believed in God strongly. As for the Pledge of allegiance being disgusting get out bro, your a disgrace for saying that, this is what I am trying to get at the fact that people do not believe in this country anymore with all these liberal retarded ideas.
You know Thomas Jefferson? the guy who wrote the declaration of independence?
Know what he said about Christianity?

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity."
-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.
-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes.
-Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, Dec. 6, 1813.

George Washgington?
"We have abundant reason to rejoice that in this Land the light of truth and reason has triumphed over the power of bigotry and superstition ... In this enlightened Age and in this Land of equal liberty it is our boast, that a man's religious tenets will not forfeit the protection of the Laws, nor deprive him of the right of attaining and holding the highest Offices that are known in the United States."

Ben franklin?
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."

-- Benjamin Franklin

Quote:
As for the wiretapping, you have something to hide bro your planning something. I would rather have wiretapping than go to work one day and have a ....in plane blow it up, ok bro.
Like henry rollins said:

"So to question authority is to be unpatriotic, unamerican and in league with terrorists worldwide? .... YOU!".
Old 11-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #21
Jason
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
torture prisoners, what about the terrorists cutting prisoners heads off and filming it thats not bad huh wow the U.S. is so bad man. Our country has slowly become weak because of sissy liberal idiots like you twisting peoples minds with foolish ideals.
Dude seriously back off the name calling This isn't that type of forum, Keep it civil.

Just cause terrorist chop of peoples heads we should stoop to there levels and .... with people?
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #22
Metal Ken
Hates the Air

Quote:
Terrorists arent a government. Those terrorists should be tried on crimes against humanity right besides our president.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #23
JJ Rodriguez
SS Contributor

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
You are so ignorant and blindly patriotic it's almost unreal.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #24
Stitch
Banned

The phrase 'full of vinegar' springs to mind.

Ken taught me it, now that I think about it.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:58 PM   #25
garcia3441
Tone Whore

Bush v. Constitution... Again

All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth. "
John Lennon