homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
The Reverend
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Why won't you vote for Obama?

I personally am planning to, but after reading the Mitt Romney thread I was interested in seeing some reasons why some of you guys don't like Obama's politics. I know why Fox News and their ilk don't like Obama, but I was wondering what rational, intelligent conservatives think.

Thinking about things from a different perspective is always interesting, I guess, which is why I'd like to hear your opinions! I'm not looking to debate you guys, or persuade you to jump ship; this is purely a learning experience.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

http://www.robmura.com/pics/djodsig.jpg
The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 07-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #2
broj15
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
While Obama has some great ideas and has made some great promises I'm afraid thats all they will ever be. It takes more than 8 years to get done what he says he would like to get done and 4 of those years have already passed with little to no progress (the economy is better and it feels like the civil unrest in the lower/ middle class has subsided). Not to mention his lack of support for the medical use of cannabis and continued persecution of those supporters of the community in Oakland and the bay are. But don't let my not voting for Obama make you think I would vote for Romney. I know that with the current system my vote means absolutely nothing and I have learned to accept that, but based off of my own principles and moral compass I can only bring myself to vote for a 3rd party candidate.

"I just want an excuse to wear corpse paint"
broj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
TRENCHLORD
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I won't vote for Obama because of all the same ole basic "right wing talking points lol" that can be heard day in and out on popular shows like The Factor and more libertarian based shows like Stossel.

We don't want the Government/Obama to be "the man", thereby permanently replacing big banks and corps in their traditional role as "the man".
There's a natural eb and flow to banks and corperations rising and falling that has everything to do with the organic nature of survival of the fittest, and more specifically, their current leadership.

Obama in principal wants government to be the one who sets the stagger in the race.
If he were officiating a 100m dash, he would want to know everyone's racing AND social historys in order to handicap the race not only to equalize the results, but to in fact influence the results in a manner to have the ones who were more historically succesful to finish at the back, and the ones who were more historically unsuccesful finish at the front.

I don't want my goverment attempting to play the great equalizer, especially when so many of the people involved are crooks in their own right.

With all the documentation of govermental abuse of taxpayers money, why does anyone have confidence in their ability to redistribute success over such a huge spectrum.

If most small bussiness owners are very anti-obama (which by everything I've read and seen, they are), and they make up such a huge chunk of our tax base, then it would be a great idea for our domestic jobs situation and total revenue to attempt to please them.

Less government regulation/intrusiveness is always better to me.
I'm not afraid of a life without Obama "helping me along".
And, I'm also not envious of people getting 100 or 1000 times richer than I.
I'm a lazy bastard and do not deseve to be wealthy, while many people work their ass off and deserve what they get.
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
loki
Banned

I like trenchlord's thinking. Obama says he is for the middle-class but he is not. The middle-class gets it's power from it's work ethic and ability to earn. If Obama is anti-business and business is what nurtures the middle-class than Obama and his policies are also anti-middle-class.
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
flint757
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'd agree except I've personally witnessed my fair share of large business who gain more money via tax cuts or something like that and just pocket the difference. IMO there is no such thing as the trickle down affect. There is, however, the retaliation effect where a company doesn't get a tax cut or has to pay more and then decides their pockets aren't lined with enough mulla so they don't give out bonuses or fire people or don't give raises. In many ways it is disgusting to have to play the game, but what else is the little guy supposed to do? Think of the bailout where 1000's lost their jobs and CEO's are still getting million dollar bonuses, it's bull..... Honestly, I don't like either parties approach to politics. I wish we could take qualities from them all, including third parties, and make a nice middle ground type party because cutting education and social programs won't solve our problem in the long run and neither will spending a .... ton of money. As it stands since I believe in social freedoms (like gay rights) and I want the EPA to stay around (seriously concerned it won'y if Mitt gets in) I'll probably be voting for Obama. Which I guess makes me rather off topic on this page.

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
Stealthdjentstic
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
People that vote for a party that do not support gay rights is kind of scary IMO. Its pretty much the same thing as denying rights to people based on colour because you cant change sexual orientation.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
MikeH
Bring the gain

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I'm going to.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
nostealbucket
aint no gahdam woman

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not going to. Not voting either.
obama does actually have some great ideas.... But how the hell are they going to pass in this congress? For ....s sake...
IMO, Obama is trying to be LBJ. He's trying to re-establish "The Great Society". Which didn't work. It could work if everyone thought the same... But we aren't robots.
nostealbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
flint757
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey speak for yourself I'm part robot and part Cherokee.

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
nostealbucket
aint no gahdam woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint757 View Post
Hey speak for yourself I'm part robot and part Cherokee.
I knew it. I was a Bunn coffee machine for a part of my early childhood until a pack of wolves took me into their pack as one of their own.... But thats another story for another time...
nostealbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #11
Powermetalbass
Powermetalbassist

I won't vote Obama because I'm not an american!
Powermetalbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #12
Stealthdjentstic
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Dont lie, you know you want to be
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #13
MikeH
Bring the gain

Feedback Score: 19 reviews

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #14
Mexi
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
Dont lie, you know you want to be
only if you can accommodate melted cheese and gravy on everything

My father warned me about the dangers of alcohol: "never make a martini with too much vermouth"
Mexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
Rick
ALL HAIL DJOD

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi View Post
only if you can accommodate melted cheese and gravy on everything
That's the best part of being American.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #16
MrEzzyE
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I am not American. Otherwise I would.

Q: What has 9 arms and it stinks?

A: Def Leppard
MrEzzyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #17
Xaios
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
I think I just got naturalized. Is that a Bruce Springsteen song I hear playing in the background?

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #18
Customisbetter
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I won't be voting for him because I think he is a lousy leader. I also will not be voting for Romney because he is too conservative and lets party rules stand before logic.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #19
The Uncreator
Control The Sun

I don't want to vote, who was the comedian who suggested putting a dead president back in office?

Someone put Kennedy back up there or something.

L A S C A I L L E 'S S H R O U D

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

YouTube

Facebook
The Uncreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #20
troyguitar
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Customisbetter View Post
I won't be voting for him because I think he is a lousy leader. I also will not be voting for Romney because he is too conservative and lets party rules stand before logic.
Pretty much this. Obama has ideas and principles that I believe in, but has shown that he cannot make any of them come to pass. Romney was alright before he started thinking about being a presidential candidate. Now he just says whatever the party tells him to say.
troyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #21
Ibanezsam4
SS.org Regular

I didn't vote for him the first time because I found him vapid and hollow.. and now that all my suspicions about him have been confirmed, I will not be voting for him again.
I will vote for Romney but my vote won't matter in the state of RI so im putting more emphasis on my state's politics and getting new members to the state house as the majority of the state seats have been held by RI Democrats for the past 70 years and we need a change... but since everybody knows everybody in my state, favors are often granted and powers never change.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Wr...22806487780403 <--- photo page, click it, and maybe like????
The horror that was that video made my bowels explode in an inhuman fashion that scared me, my dog, and the bird in the tree outside my room window-Insackclothandashes
Ibanezsam4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #22
Nonservium
ss.org Irregular

I'm pretty sure we're still screwed no matter what retard puppet "we" put in office.
Nonservium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #23
Mprinsje
st. anger ain't bad!

cuz i ain't from america
Mprinsje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #24
Zugster
the green machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezsam4 View Post
I didn't vote for him the first time because I found him vapid and hollow.. and now that all my suspicions about him have been confirmed, I will not be voting for him again.
I will vote for Romney....
Interesting because it would be hard to imagine anyone more vapid and hollow than Mitt Romney. A man who has changed his stated policies so many times on so many issues that his face ought to appear in the dictionary next to the word: "flipflop."

...this rig requires something with a little more kick... plutonium!
Zugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #25
kerska
That guy...

Because I don't vote.

I get .... for it all the time but I never have and probably never will. I try paying attention to political debates and all the candidates and what not but every time it just seems like they start to run together and it eventually just turns into a huge .... flinging contest.

But I don't bitch about the government because I don't vote and technically give up my bitching rights by not voting.
kerska is offline   Reply With Quote