K3 PROJECT: FOREST BERSERKER:
Fist of all, let me exuse for my english i use web translators and my few knowledge of that language. Hope that we can understand on my first thread.
I introduce my most ambitious project. If in the previous two pretended develop certain stages of the process (construction of a body, assembly, finishing and settings) on this I intend to combine all the acquired knowledge and make it from zero with some personal modifications.
I have over 300 photos so I will try to summarize.
It all started during the month of March 2011 when a friend told me that he was working in a wood warehouse (thanks Peter). So we went to a visit. At times, he said, that business had been quite important
However, I found a treasure in a small annex warehouse:
Wengué neck and two pieces of Bubinga.
With a few precious veins.
As they were so heavy woods i need a design wich.i can carve to lighten the guitar. And then between my archives i found the definitive one: ESP-Forest.
This is my tribute
The guitar has 21 frets, but I wanted 24 so i took the necessary measures, the scale length and pickups placement and added the three missing frets.
I'm going to make “her” neck-through and to take advantage of the grain of the Wenge, giving stability and increase the difficulty: laminated with Maple.
Ebony fretboard and natural Abalone inlay
The templates and mockups
Gluing and leveling the neck,
Now comes another new process, scarf-joint for the angle of the headstock to 17 degrees...
Sand progress and gluing
Now it takes some few wood for the headstock final shape
Y empieza el trabajo fino con el diapasón, la linea central y el trapecio que será definitivo. En trabajos posteriores cortaré el trapecio cuando ya le haya dado el radio (consejo de mi maestro Frasco)
And it starts fine work with the fingerboard, the central line and the Trapeze. In later works i will cut the Trapeze when radius has already given.
I download a StewMac template of frets, and check it with my Yamaha, although the optical effect they are good.
My diy jig for cutting fretslots
I routed trussrod channel and the headstock shape