Some of you may have seen my thread about having two spare pickup covers since I took them off my Vintage LP copy. They were rather cheap, overly shiny covers that made the guitar look pretty tacky, and it looks about £500 more expensive now they're off
So yeah, I had these covers lying around.
One of them I spent the best part of an hour vigorously attacking with sandpaper, to try and get the sheen off them. It sort of worked, but a lot of the chrome plating came off, leaving the bronze-coloured metal underneath exposed. That's a work in progress, more pics may follow.
I didn't want to do the same to the other one, so I turned on the gas hob and got some pliers out...
This is what the covers looked like on my Vintage:
You'll note that they were very, very shiny.
Now, here's what one of them looks like on my Dean, after a session of being burnt to ....:
Now, here's what it looks like with some direct light on it:
I'm pretty damned happy with it