homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
simonXsludge
(((Ω)))

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Emmure Fire Drummer Mike Kaabe

I havn't seen this posted yet, but some of you may have read it on Lambgoat or here:

Quote:
“Well if you guys would like to know the truth I can explain to you their immature and completely hypocritical approach to were quite resolvable issues. It started when I was posting videos of myself on the Emmure FB. I went to go post a video of a lesson and saw that I was removed as an administrator from the website.

I called our manager to re-add me but was already in an argument with him a few nights prior about his lack of professionalism, and the facts that I don’t trust him, and that he might be stealing from us; nothing new there. So because of this he doesn’t pick up his phone, even though he should because we pay his bills. I call the company he works with and have them re-add me to post the video, so then of course I get the call from our manager.

He tells me that ‘people’ in the band aren’t happy with what I’ve been posting, though a few months prior he told me to do exactly what I was doing so that the fans realize we are nice guys with our own personalities and that whacko Frankie shouldn’t monopolize the page. I ask our manager Shawn Keith what ‘people’ and he won’t say, which is obviously unprofessional on his part. So I have to go interrogate my band about who could be so passive aggressive about a simple issue that could be resolved without calling our manager who doesn’t like me.

I find out it was Frankie who didn’t like it, and his argument was ‘if it doesn’t directly promote the band that it shouldn’t be on there.’ My thought is that I’m the drummer of the band so anything I put on the page directly promoted the band, and unless it’s in a negative way, what’s the problem? I don’t tell Frank that he’s promoting pokemon, or Mario bros, more than the band when he takes these ridiculous pics that’s have nothing to do with the band. Again just a bunch of hypocrisy.
So after that argument things seemed fine until I posted a remix of a Drake song I did for fun. That really upset him because even though I stated that it was only by me and not the band, it received a little negative criticism and that just scared them. That’s when Frank decided I need to leave the band even though I’ve known him for nearly 15 years.
So he sent me a text kicking me out of the band which was disgusting considering he lives a half a mile from me. I then spoke to Jesse whom I’ve known for 22 years and is my step brother. He said the band was scared that I might miss a gig or not show up because I like to hang out with friends on the road and travel on my own. None of these things ever happened with the exception of one day on Warped where I was stuck at the exit a mile from the venue for 3 hours due to traffic, and could hear are set being played, and luckily Jesse knew the drums.

Other than that I never missed a show, and was penalized for the show I missed. They also claimed I party and drug too much for them when I barely did drugs at any point in the band. I got free cocaine that I shared with everybody the two days we were in Vegas, quick Mark our bassist did with me, and did Molly 2 or 3 times with other people on the tour, but other than that nothing.
So they call me a drug addict, yet Jesse eats 90 somas which are highly addictive in 20 days, or drinks and smokes every night that he’s onstage, or Frank eats ecstasy and trips on mushrooms for 2 weeks at a time while onstage, yet I’m the drug addict? I don’t even drink. They just didn’t seem to like that I was happy and living my life as best I knew how and wanted to stop me.

They claimed I was disrespectful to them because I smoked cigarettes on the bus yet so did all of them. Did I smoke more cigarettes and if so how many more constitutes me deserving to be kicked out of the band? Again they had no real argument other than that Frank is a passive aggressive pissy baby along with the rest of them who have a do as I say not as I do attitude.

The best is they threw away their friendship with me that again has gone on with Frank and Jesse more than half our lives over this nonsense.”
Feedback from Frankie you can find here:

Emmure Fire Drummer Mike Kaabe, Kaabe & Frankie Palmeri Respond (Updated) | Theprp.com

Ibanez Endorsed Artist since 2008

Check:
My Kemper profile pack for ERGs:
http://erglabs.bigcartel.com/

My website:
www.ergnerds.com

My studio Soundcloud:
Sludge Studios Soundcloud

Do you even riff?!
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
The Beard
Suttbex

Frankie does monopolize the page a LOT. I'd much rather have videos of drum lessons get posted than have Frankie post random dumb pictures of himself. The only pictures that they have posted recently are pictures that Frankie took of himself, usually holding an object, like so:

Photos of Emmure | Facebook

edit: Wow, I just read Frankie's response.

Quote:
“Slander on my name. Aint nothing new. For the record me and @jessemmure write ALL of the music including the drums. So Suck my dick ; )”
“Hey so should I do a press release on what REALLY went down? Ehhh..nah. That ....ing loser has it coming to him.”
“Its always the person who points the finger who has only himself to blame. You are a broke ass , junkie , moron..”
What an immature asshole

"Orange juice after potato.
Taste like all of my wut."
-CrushingAnvil

"what am I supposed to do with my boner?"
-shredguitar7

Live Rig
-Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
-Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
-Ibanez rg120

My Soundcloud!
http://soundcloud.com/stc423

Old 10-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Spaceman_Spiff
SS Contributor

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Never really liked them anyhow, but that dude seriously needs to grow up...

"You took the best thing about natural finished guitar bodies and applied it to the neck.
I'd compare it to dipping solid chocolate into chocolate mousse, having a lucid dream within a dream,
receiving fellatio while having sex, producing energy while burning no fuel.
You sir are a genius.'' - in-pursuit

"Parker PM 10 trade?" - JackWilliamBellow
Old 10-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
Jake
Resident RGA hoarder

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I've never seen Emmure, but i've heard they are terrible live as i would imagine, and Frankie is just an asshole for the whole situation he really should grow up

-PRS SC245 10 top
-PRS McCarty Black Cherry
-PRS CE24
-Jackson Dominion
-ESP Horizon NT-II
-ESP Eclipse II
-LTD Elite Eclipse I
-Ibanez RGA321F
-Ibanez RG2228
-Ibanez RGT220a
-Ibanez RGA121 white
-Ibanez RGA121 ntf
Old 10-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
brutalwizard
Pretty Your Petunia

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
emmure is pretty tight live, as for this band nonsense who cares? anyone can fill any of there members spots anyday ever.

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
Old 10-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
teqnick
The Juggernaut

Feedback Score: 24 reviews
1 down, 4 to go.

EBMM JPX7
Fractal Audio Axe FX
Old 10-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
orakle
djentleman

.... emmure haters, i like that band and whats happening is pretty .... for them

hope stuff gets sorted out \m/
Old 10-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
Ralyks
The One Who Knocks

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Opened for these guys a few years back. I'll leave it at being thankful that 1. That was the only time and 2. Unearth was the headliner.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
MTech
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looking at his response the first thing that comes to mind is how he himself always talked to much .... on Acacia Strain..... Even when I saw them live he was running his mouth saying when the two singers fought Vince bit his nipple....

THE ACACIA STRAIN- SKYNET (NEW MUSIC VIDEO) - YouTube
Old 10-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
ScottyB724
SS.org Regular

genre trolling, it'll get you banned
Old 10-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #11
ScottyB724
SS.org Regular

no harm meant
Old 10-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #12
Guitarman700
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Dear remaining members of Emmure, please locate the nearest dictionary, look up "Professionalism" take note of it's definition and adhere to it.
Thanks
Sincerely
Everyone in the world

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Old 10-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #13
rectifryer
Banned

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dear guitarman,

Quit double posting!

Also,
I concur. This .... is infantile. No manager should have a say in .... like this.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #14
unclejemima218
190 Proof

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
this adds to my existing dislike for this band. sorry Emmure, but you're stuck in rockstar land

Man is like a piece of cheese. -Lloyd Bridges
Old 10-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #15
Spaceman_Spiff
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman700 View Post
Dear remaining members of Emmure, please locate the nearest dictionary, look up "Professionalism" take note of it's definition and adhere to it.
Thanks
Sincerely
Emmure's 9 fans
Fixed

All trolling aside they kinda strike me as dude's who are in it for the party more than the music.

"You took the best thing about natural finished guitar bodies and applied it to the neck.
I'd compare it to dipping solid chocolate into chocolate mousse, having a lucid dream within a dream,
receiving fellatio while having sex, producing energy while burning no fuel.
You sir are a genius.'' - in-pursuit

"Parker PM 10 trade?" - JackWilliamBellow
Old 10-13-2011, 04:46 AM   #16
simonXsludge
(((Ω)))

I can honestly say they are nice people on tour, that goes for each and everyone of them. That being said, I find this to be kinda sad.

Ibanez Endorsed Artist since 2008

Check:
My Kemper profile pack for ERGs:
http://erglabs.bigcartel.com/

My website:
www.ergnerds.com

My studio Soundcloud:
Sludge Studios Soundcloud

Do you even riff?!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:45 AM   #17
cronux
SS.org Regular

never liked them... but heard a lot about Frankie and his ego

Here's my band check it out: http://www.facebook.com/badbloodcro
Old 10-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #18
linchpin
Specter

I don't mind immature but this is just childish........... yes there is a difference
Old 10-13-2011, 05:59 AM   #19
Fred the Shred
Shrederick

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Honestly, I just find all this incredibly unprofessional. Then again, ....fights attract attention, which equals free publicity, so job done, I guess.

Personally, while I don't care about their music, I find that this sort of situation is perfectly avoidable and childish.

Buy my album, will you? My store | CDBaby
FredBrum.com
Happily endorsed by Caparison Guitars, Bare Knuckle Pickups, Gruv Gear, Sik Pik Picks, PHD Picks and Spectraflex cables
Old 10-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #20
rythmic_pulses
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronux View Post
never liked them... but heard a lot about Frankie and his ego
I heard a lot about his ego too and his hard drug habits too before they fired the drummer....

That seriously isn't cool though, getting kicked for fair petty reasons is unprofessional and moronic, the drug taking too is just pointless mmmkay...

Problem Trolls?

Sex bro. Sex. -ntDars

Stop hatin'. Love and Toleration. - Biison

the higgs boson is the energy that creates mass to create
protons and tacos basically. - bob123

SOL NIGER WITHIN!!! - Iamasingularity

ODDWORLD FOR LIFE!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #21
Bloody_Inferno
Silence is Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ....søn View Post
I can honestly say they are nice people on tour, that goes for each and everyone of them. That being said, I find this to be kinda sad.
It is. Unprofessionalism seems to be the common response, and I'm gonna have to agree. There are some things that should be handled within closed doors, especially something that will lead to the sacking of a band member through less than good terms.

It's very easy to vent through the internet but the problem is that it's there for good and there can be ramifications that can greatly affect that person and all involved.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:06 AM   #22
petereanima
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I dont really care about that, as the music isnt something I listen to usually (I bought the last record nonetheless, as a reference for our soundengineer..I handed it over to him and said "DAT KICK!!!!! GIVE IT TO US!!!!". ).

But there is one thing that needs to learn every single person: Dont talk about other peoples drug-behaviour. Never.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #23
drmosh
Sir Paul of the Mosh

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
they all sounds like a bunch of 12 year old girls calling each other dumb names. Professionalism? Nowhere to be found.

I couldn't care less
Old 10-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #24
ShadowFactoryX
OMNIHILITY

their feud with that other toughguy-core band was ridiculous in the first place
alls ive ever heard about this band is constant smack talking and fights, drug habbits, idiocy, and definitely "unprofessionalism"

get over yourselves

...unless...

you're really hoping for a great vh1 behind the music special, then keep on acting like a bunch of tool belts

I like my guitar tone like I like my women, perfect rounded bottom end, cut in the mid section, heavy on the top end, and super tight.

Omnium - Atmospheric/Trance/Ambient
Old 10-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #25
Harry
Doom man of Doom.

"“Slander on my name. Aint nothing new. For the record me and @jessemmure write ALL of the music including the drums. So Suck my dick ; )”
“Hey so should I do a press release on what REALLY went down? Ehhh..nah. That ....ing loser has it coming to him.”
“Its always the person who points the finger who has only himself to blame. You are a broke ass , junkie , moron..” "

You have to be incredible insecure about yourself if you honestly feel the need to have to look 'cool' and 'tough' on the internet like this.
Be an insecure asshole and then have the nerve to call SOMEONE ELSE a loser without having the balls to say it face to face.
A bit rich if you ask me.
Closed Thread