homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
jkguitar
ss.org Regular

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Soulja Boy " F* the US troops.. "

I'm a soldier in the US army currently deployed in Afghanistan.

True feelings come out in his song Let's Be Real. This illiterate rapper who can't even speak proper english does not even deserve to utter the word troops.

F— the FBI and the Army troops
Fighting for what?
B—-, be your own man
I’ll be flying through the clouds

... With green like I’m Peter Pan

Words of an ignorant rapper named Soulja Boy.

We are fighting for the right that allows you to live in this country freely while you conduct yourself as an unappreciated, ignorant, and belligerent person.

"Everyone should of known you were a joke after Crank That. "

Help support our cause and join this Anti- 'Soulja Boy' group that my friend started.

Troops Against Soulja Boy

Old 09-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
shredguitar7
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You let people bother you to much man. Focus on your task at hand instead of some ignorant .....

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight i'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
Old 09-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
groph
surrounded by chairs

Old 09-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Hemi-Powered Drone
Dragonblade629

Though I don't support the wars for multiple reasons, I do believe that you guys aren't resposible for this, and have not really done anything wrong. The thing is, though, he can say what ever he damn well pleases to. Just don't even waste your time on this, it absolutely will not do anything because of a little thing called free speech.

In the words of the great philosopher Voltaire, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Old 09-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
caskettheclown
Sexytime!

Support the troops, not the war.

Also I never liked Soulja boi. Never will.

Also his record sells will probably go down because of that. Good we don't need another dumbass rapper. I mean that as in he is a dumbass , as well as a rapper. I like rap music and there are some very good rap artists out there.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
Hollowway
Extended Ranger

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Voltaire said you shouldn't restrict free speech. Not that you should allow idiots to make statements unchecked. I fully support the troops and I fully support a Facebook page telling the rapper he's a fool. I think you guys are mixing up free speech with expressing opinions. What's wrong with starting a facebook page or a website saying Soulja Boy is out of line for saying that? Do you think Kanye should just run up and steal the mic every VMA and we shouldn't criticize his actions? Anyone is allowed to say anything. But no one should keep their mouth shut in the name of the free speech of others.
/rant
Old 09-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
shredguitar7
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
Voltaire said you shouldn't restrict free speech. Not that you should allow idiots to make statements unchecked. I fully support the troops and I fully support a Facebook page telling the rapper he's a fool. I think you guys are mixing up free speech with expressing opinions. What's wrong with starting a facebook page or a website saying Soulja Boy is out of line for saying that? Do you think Kanye should just run up and steal the mic every VMA and we shouldn't criticize his actions? Anyone is allowed to say anything. But no one should keep their mouth shut in the name of the free speech of others.
/rant
in a perfect world, if someone said something you didnt like, youd beat them. oh wait. that was the old west.... TIME WARP !!!!

Once more into the fray
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
Old 09-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
jkguitar
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
/rant
Thank you.

Just because he has the freedom of speech to express himself (stupidly), doesn't make it right...
Old 09-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #9
shredguitar7
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkguitar View Post
Thank you.

Just because he has the freedom of speech to express himself (stupidly), doesn't make it right...
i often wish we could still enforce our own brand of justice to certain people... but then people think your too sensetive i say.

then theirs the obvious prison time

Once more into the fray
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
Old 09-04-2011, 05:20 PM   #10
jkguitar
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredguitar7 View Post
i often wish we could still enforce our own brand of justice to certain people... but then people think your too sensetive i say.

then theirs the obvious prison time
haha... only in a perfect world.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #11
Michael T
Sea Turtles mate

Feedback Score: 52 reviews
Publicity man, that's all it is. Be it good or bad it still supports him.
I had no clue who he even was until your post. So in a way your helping him even by complaining about his actions .
Just ignore him.
Stop giving him free publicity.

The project that I'm working on is so secret... Even I don't know what I'm doing!

Old 09-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
Scar Symmetry
Ex Whiny Bitch

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe in keeping your own thoughts in check. Are you entitled to be upset to some degree by this? Sure. But if you flip it on it's head, why should anyone else care? Just my

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bull.....
Old 09-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
GuitaristOfHell
The Optimist Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
Publicity man, that's all it is. Be it good or bad it still supports him.
I had no clue who he even was until your post. So in a way your helping him even by complaining about his actions .
Just ignore him.
Stop giving him free publicity.
This. But before that let's put this rock...up his ass like in the movie hancock.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #14
ghostred7
Banned

F**k "Soulja Boy" .......I hate .... people and hate .... rappers even more. That waste of space should be dropped off of his label and go join Al'Queda where he belongs (read: receiving end of a US Solder's sight picture) ....what a f'ing tool.

Scout's out!
Old 09-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #15
ittoa666
/)'3'(\

Pretty ....ed up for someone to say ".... the soldiers who don't want to be there." Guess he really is that ignorant.

Crank dat slide back.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

Old 09-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #16
DrakkarTyrannis
WWSD?

Freedom of speech comes in many forms..even when it's something that most feel shouldn't be said. I may not agree but there are people who feel that way and they should be able to voice their opinions. It's his music and he's more than welcomed to do as he pleases.

Now having said that, a snippet from a song doesn't really tell me anything. I'm sure most people who are so against him probably know nothing about him other than he's a rapper, and that alone is reason to jump on the hate bandwagon. I'd be interested in knowing what he meant by that and if there's more to the song than what's at face value. Listening to rock and metal, if anything, has taught me never to accept someone else's take on a song on a kneejerk moment..if that were the case I'd think people like Ozzy Osbourne was purposely making music to get teens to kill themselves. I know nothing about the rapper in question other than he makes music I wouldn't normally listen to, however I'd like to hear his explanation of the song before deciding to "hate" him.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
Lon
drop it like its G#!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Don't let you get down because of this little dip....s lyrics, after all everything hes ever done in his life is spew garbage out of his mouth and be a burden to all of thinking society. I sometimes question my own ethics whilst i try to define the border of unworthy life...

"You will find that being in a band is much like having a relationship with a woman except there are a lot more crybabies with ......s in the band scene." - ChrisRushing
Old 09-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #18
Explorer
He seldomly knows...

I like the idea of soldiers fighting for American values like freedom of speech... but not including freedom of speech. Humorous irony at its best.

I also found it humorous that Soulja Boy is touting his superiority about being his own man, while talking about his superiority as evidenced by his admitting being a stoner. I suppose he thinks sitting on his couch playing "Call of Duty" while greened out makes him man enough to call out men who are doing what he's pretending to do. *laugh*

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Old 09-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #19
DrakkarTyrannis
WWSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
I like the idea of soldiers fighting for American values like freedom of speech... but not including freedom of speech. Humorous irony at its best.

I also found it humorous that Soulja Boy is touting his superiority about being his own man, while talking about his superiority as evidenced by his admitting being a stoner. I suppose he thinks sitting on his couch playing "Call of Duty" while greened out makes him man enough to call out men who are doing what he's pretending to do. *laugh*
I don't think he's calling anyone out. Going back and listening to the song, with the first couple of lines before the ".... FBI" thing, even though I could be wrong since I didn't write it, to me it seems more as if he's describing his deal/gangster tactics, and with the rest of the song describing various gang activity. I think the ".... the fbi and army troops" thing is more a swagger thing of "my methods are so tight that government controlled tactics run by the FBI and military don't compare"..not just "I hate FBI and the army"..which doesn't seem to fit the rest of the song anyways so it'd be odd for him to just throw that in. I'm not sure how many people listened to the whole song but there's no ironclad proof that he has anything against the armed forces..one line isolated doesn't prove anything. As stated before I wonder if anyone can pull up and interview or something with this kid talking about the song.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #20
Rev2010
SS Contributor

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sad thing is even this thread spreads this douchebags fame - for better or worse it doesn't even matter. As they say, even bad publicity is good publicity. I think Hollowway's post hit the nail on the head. No one is saying people don't have the right to free speech, but people do have a right to respond - also under free speech too no?

Sure, he's got a right to express himself even if he's being a total douche that simply doesn't realize that the troops do what they are told to do or face jail. I'm not going to go into it further than except to say why lend a single shred of credence to anything that dumbass moron says?? Who cares really? Would I care any more if Kanye said it? .... no! Truth is the people that are influenced by what he says are too stupid to think for themselves anyway, and why would I care about those people either?? Ignoring him is probably the most damaging thing for him to be honest

Rev.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #21
Hemi-Powered Drone
Dragonblade629

Okay, I have to say this. How exactly are you fighting for our rights? There is no threat that those rights will be removed, so I don't know where you get that from. You may say terrorists but it really would be impossible for them to do that. They have no means in which to remove our governments legitimacy, and it's not like they could destroy it. Al Qaeda's tactics are a farce, "Let's kill soldiers and innocent people! That'll sure take down their government!" and half the time they're reducing their own numbers in the process, or killing people that aren't their enemies.

You're fighting for the United States in the loosest sense of the word. It's either giving assistance to another nations people in gaining independence or helping protect another countries government, or am I missing something?

Stop deluding yourself, nothing would change right now if the military wasn't doing anything, because their isn't any serious threat. There should be a military should the need for protection arise, but don't pretend to be doing something you're not, it makes you look like an asshole.

Sorry for going off topic, but it's things like that I have a problem with. Anyway, like I said before, he has the right to say it, and you can't deny him that right, no matter how much of a dumbass he is.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #22
DrakkarTyrannis
WWSD?

Oh lord...and goodbye thread..
Old 09-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #23
Grand Moff Tim
Some call me... Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblade629 View Post
Okay, I have to say this. How exactly are you fighting for our rights? There is no threat that those rights will be removed, so I don't know where you get that from. You may say terrorists but it really would be impossible for them to do that. They have no means in which to remove our governments legitimacy, and it's not like they could destroy it. Al Qaeda's tactics are a farce, "Let's kill soldiers and innocent people! That'll sure take down their government!" and half the time they're reducing their own numbers in the process, or killing people that aren't their enemies.

You're fighting for the United States in the loosest sense of the word. It's either giving assistance to another nations people in gaining independence or helping protect another countries government, or am I missing something?

Stop deluding yourself, nothing would change right now if the military wasn't doing anything, because their isn't any serious threat. There should be a military should the need for protection arise, but don't pretend to be doing something you're not, it makes you look like an asshole.

Sorry for going off topic, but it's things like that I have a problem with. Anyway, like I said before, he has the right to say it, and you can't deny him that right, no matter how much of a dumbass he is.
Aw hell. I thought you were cooler than that.

Walter Winchel was wrong. People are terrible.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #24
leandroab
Stay Negative™

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
Old 09-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #25
Rev2010
SS Contributor

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblade629 View Post
There should be a military should the need for protection arise, but don't pretend to be doing something you're not, it makes you look like an asshole.
I was gonna neg you but figured it would be better to state my words to you publicly. I agree with nearly everything you said for the mostpart. But calling someone an asshole (I know you didn't directly call him that but it was definitely implied by your wording) is just plain stupid and not very well thought of a reply.

Again, I agree with most of what you are saying. But the other day I thought about what it would be like if the US didn't initiate this "war on terror". Our economy would surely be way stronger than it is now without all that spending, regimes such as Saddam's would still have control over their people - especially the bad one's etc. But, the US did take down a .... load of terrorist training camps, terror cells, etc. It took down the Taliban, though that's still proving hard keeping them down. All in all the US said we are NOT going to stand for this ..... Killing 5000 people is not a small joke done by a few punk criminals. We responded in a way I think for a while was good. I am not happy with the whole Iraq thing and there I think we made things worse in the long run.

Either way, I find it sad that you'd rip into the guy when he's the one following orders daily, not seeing his family from across the other side of the world, etc. Maybe he's frustrated at how his sacrifices are not appreciated. Either way I wouldn't blame him or call him names for the governments actions. Not cool.

Rev.
Closed Thread