homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
mhickman2
The Abiding Dude

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Blackmachine B6's (No Longer) Available

I was checking out Blackmachine's website today to see if any B2's or B7's were available. To my usual dismay the answer is no, but Doug has some B6's with schaller hannes bridges available. Seeing as I already have one of these, it's not very useful to me, but it may be to you guys.

blackmachine - Home Page
mhickman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
craig-sansum
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
awesome
craig-sansum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
ROAR
oaf tobar

Oh cool, right when I dropped money for a Mackie this happens.
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I hope someone on here get's one so we can all see.
ROAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
technomancer
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 38 reviews
What is there to see? There have been 4 or 5 of them posted before and the B6s are all the same

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
What is there to see? There have been 4 or 5 of them posted before and the B6s are all the same
Haha by that logic, anyone who buys any ibanez, esp, gibson, fender or jackson shouldnt post their guitars as there is nothing to see!

Periphery
Jackson
Bare Knuckle Pickups
Protone
Fractal Audio
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
technomancer
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

^ true, but he made it sound like he couldn't see one because they were new or something and they really are pretty plain guitars

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
ROAR
oaf tobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
Haha by that logic, anyone who buys any ibanez, esp, gibson, fender or jackson shouldnt post their guitars as there is nothing to see!
I +1 to this.

EDIT: I just like seeing any guitar. Even it's a Blackmachine that a few people have already posted. Didn't mean to phrase it like I've never seen one.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
^ true, but he made it sound like he couldn't see one because they were new or something and they really are pretty plain guitars
Plain is relative, and the ones with the hannes bridge are new.

Periphery
Jackson
Bare Knuckle Pickups
Protone
Fractal Audio
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #9
technomancer
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Here are a few for those hungry for pics (from june last year)

More pics here http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sta...-b6-twist.html

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #10
ROAR
oaf tobar

Sweet, I guess never need to see another Blackmachine again.
Though I still want to.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
IAmHated284
ss.org Regular

damn i wish i could afford one of these.

even if i could i doubt i could justify it though : /
IAmHated284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
mhickman2
The Abiding Dude

I see the one pictured above everyday and I still get excited to see other peoples B6's. To be honest, I'm tempted to snag another one and have a luthier convert it to a B2, but I'm not a cheater. I almost snagged jbcrazy's when he sold his, but I absolutely love the schaller hannes so I talked myself out of it.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #13
Vicissitude27
I'm always angry.

I've played that b6 in the second picture in that house!
It was Tokugawas before he sold it to pay for medical bills.

My band's debut:
www.aerodyne-flex.bandcamp.com

Check out my band with OrsusMetal and Decimater1!
www.facebook.com/aerodyneflex
Vicissitude27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #14
FLGearnut
ss.org Regular

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
thats a pretty sweet guitar, but not sweet enough to justify $2700 USD plus shipping costs. Id be game for around 2k....

Bernie Rico Jr. Jekyll 727
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Custom 22 (natural)
PRS Custom 22 (scarlet red)
Splawn Nitro w/ KT88's
Mesa Stiletto 4x12
Maxon & Boss pedals
FLGearnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #15
technomancer
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGearnut View Post
thats a pretty sweet guitar, but not sweet enough to justify $2700 USD plus shipping costs. Id be game for around 2k....
As much as I agree with you, the exchange rate makes these really expensive, let's please not get into the price / value debate on these for the 800th time

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #16
mhickman2
The Abiding Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGearnut View Post

Orignally I thought the same way. There are tons of guitars out there that have swamp ash bodies, and maple necks with rosewood fingerboards. The difference between the Blackmachine B6 and similar spec'd is like night and day. For me, aside from the obvious aestheitics, the playability and function is the biggest difference. The transfer of sound from string to body is amazing. It has close to same volume played unplugged as some semi hollows I've played. I believe because of this, tapping for me is much easier as I don't have to hammer on the string nearly as hard to get a long sustaining note. In a short answer, it's a players guitar. It's not flashy by any means, but (pardon my french) you can play the .... out of it. Another plus is it maintains in value or in my experience, exceeds it's value. I've been offered $3,000 for it on many occasions and even as high as $3,500.

EDIT: Sorry Techno, I was typing this out before I saw your reply. Delete this post if you feel inclined to.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #17
UnderTheSign
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just can't get over the look of natural swamp ash

SPEEDGURU - fuzz/doom/death
http://www.facebook.com/speedgurudoom
UnderTheSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
technomancer
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhickman2 View Post
EDIT: Sorry Techno, I was typing this out before I saw your reply. Delete this post if you feel inclined to.
Nah it's all good, let's jus stop it there though as I don't think we need another thread talking about BM prices

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #19
ILuvPillows
Baby seal will destr

After seeing the 7 string Hannes (chop shop job), the 6 string version just looks so small.
ILuvPillows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #20
Rook
Electrifying

Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I was gunna order one 3 or 4 years ago for 1049, until I played one.

They're not really my sorta thing anyway... I too think they (B6's) all look the same :-S

EDIT: Just saw techno's post, just pointing out they did used to be much less however. I'll edit the post if you want.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #21
UnderTheSign
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post
I was gunna order one 3 or 4 years ago for 1049, until I played one.

They're not really my sorta thing anyway... I too think they (B6's) all look the same :-S

EDIT: Just saw techno's post, just pointing out they did used to be much less however. I'll edit the post if you want.
What changed your mind when you played it?

SPEEDGURU - fuzz/doom/death
http://www.facebook.com/speedgurudoom
UnderTheSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #22
Rook
Electrifying

Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I feel like I might be mobbed for this, but here goes...

It was too thin, which isn't the end of the world, but I like nice round necks and it just didn't sit well in my hands, something I could get used to if it was the only issue but alas...
It sounded very bright and lacked that real warmth I like. Granted this isn't the first guitar a jazzy player would go for anyway, but I played one in my metal days and it just didn't sound thick at all. It was very clear, and low notes it the amp really hard (I alternated between standard, dadgbe, and aadgbe). The pickups sounded like they were trying to make up for it but... Meh... If you want low tunings and clarity and tightness, then great, but for everything else this didn't do it for me. Yes, I know the guitar is a niche and not advertised as a jack of all trades...
The finish, though very very good, and this is going to sound odd, was almost too clean. Everything was perfect, like a German car. All the right-angles, contours, binding, the metal plate on the back. It was very hard, very modern, and very simplistic. Very cool indeed again if that's your thing, but it didn't have that flare or mojo (two of the most vague terms known to man). It didn't feel like I was playing a truly special musical instrument as much as much as a well engineered tool for the craft. Ok it's got some neat woods and design ideas, but some of the most impractical guitars i've tried have also been the most fun. Not saying I'd buy the incredibly impractical ones either.

I'm not a traditionalist by any means, I like Jackson USA, Jems and UV's, debated an rg2228 on more than one occasion. I like traditional strats, but I also like the RGA121 I tried with a set of BKP's.

For some reason that day, even at 1049 and despite it being a b2 not even a b6 that I tried; as well as it played, I didn't connect with it. I have the same problem with PRS, but in a different way.

It really does feel like a tool or a work of modern art rather than what I'd usually call a guitar. Not a major criticism, and they're good to play and fantastically made, just really not for me. I dunno, a guitar's really an extension of the player, and the blackmachine is more like a bionic arm than an organic limb to me - freakiest metaphor ever.

I nearly said it's like the difference between Axe FX and a valve amp, but a) it's not the quite the same, and b) let's not start that argument again!

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #23
Guitarholic
Booyah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post
I feel like I might be mobbed for this, but here goes...

It was too thin, which isn't the end of the world, but I like nice round necks and it just didn't sit well in my hands, something I could get used to if it was the only issue but alas...
It sounded very bright and lacked that real warmth I like. Granted this isn't the first guitar a jazzy player would go for anyway, but I played one in my metal days and it just didn't sound thick at all. It was very clear, and low notes it the amp really hard (I alternated between standard, dadgbe, and aadgbe). The pickups sounded like they were trying to make up for it but... Meh... If you want low tunings and clarity and tightness, then great, but for everything else this didn't do it for me. Yes, I know the guitar is a niche and not advertised as a jack of all trades...
The finish, though very very good, and this is going to sound odd, was almost too clean. Everything was perfect, like a German car. All the right-angles, contours, binding, the metal plate on the back. It was very hard, very modern, and very simplistic. Very cool indeed again if that's your thing, but it didn't have that flare or mojo (two of the most vague terms known to man). It didn't feel like I was playing a truly special musical instrument as much as much as a well engineered tool for the craft. Ok it's got some neat woods and design ideas, but some of the most impractical guitars i've tried have also been the most fun. Not saying I'd buy the incredibly impractical ones either.

I'm not a traditionalist by any means, I like Jackson USA, Jems and UV's, debated an rg2228 on more than one occasion. I like traditional strats, but I also like the RGA121 I tried with a set of BKP's.

For some reason that day, even at 1049 and despite it being a b2 not even a b6 that I tried; as well as it played, I didn't connect with it. I have the same problem with PRS, but in a different way.

It really does feel like a tool or a work of modern art rather than what I'd usually call a guitar. Not a major criticism, and they're good to play and fantastically made, just really not for me. I dunno, a guitar's really an extension of the player, and the blackmachine is more like a bionic arm than an organic limb to me - freakiest metaphor ever.

I nearly said it's like the difference between Axe FX and a valve amp, but a) it's not the quite the same, and b) let's not start that argument again!

Well, not everybody has the same taste and there is nothing wrong with that!!! For example, I am the complete opposite. I love the fact that the B6 was so "perfect" as you said it: "Everything was perfect, like a German car. All the right-angles, contours, binding, the metal plate on the back. It was very hard, very modern, and very simplistic."

So you'd actually hate my guitars, hahahaha:

Yes Meesh, I replaced the string
Guitarholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #24
maliciousteve
Lord Green Fingers

I'm another that just doesn't 'get' Blackmachines. I played the F8 at a show a number of years ago through a Diezel. I wasn't blown away by it. A well made guitar for sure but I don't get the fuss, I think any good luthier could make a guitar just like it.

They do look great but I didn't get a kick out of playing one.
maliciousteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #25
mhickman2
The Abiding Dude

I think a B8 is hardly comparable to a B2 or B6. I've never found an eight string that I've actually liked. I certainly can see fun's point though. They really do feel like works of art. At first, I was sort of scared to dig in and really play it. When I got over that, it really rewarded me with a tone and growl that I'd never experienced in a guitar before. Obviously, not everyone has the same taste in guitars. My taste just happen to be everything that a blackmachine is.