homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
steve777
ss.org Regular

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
British girl stabbed in the eye for her love of AC/DC

This type of .... infuriates me beyond belief.

Schoolgirl 'stabbed for love of AC/DC'

(Filed: 30/08/2006)

A teenager who was stabbed in the eye during her school lunch break said a "gang mentality" singled out pupils for their music and fashion tastes.

The 15-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, narrowly escaped losing her sight in the attack last November.

She had been the victim of a string of attacks, threats and had even received prank calls at home because she is what is known as "a metaler", Guildford Crown Court heard today.

But she said: "I mean, it's this gang mentality that my generation seems to insist upon and I want to stop it."

Watching the girl give evidence via video link, the jury heard how name-calling in the school canteen had escalated into an attack on the school playing fields.

Mimicking and threatening the girl while queuing to get into the canteen, the three defendants, all pupils at the same school, asked around for a pair of scissors with which they said they would cut off their victim's long hair, the court has heard.

The court was told they later approached her as she chatted with friends outside the school science block and one of the three girls launched the attack, stabbing her a number of times with the sharp scissor blades.

Today, the victim, who was left with several gashes which required stitches and still suffers from blurred vision, told how one of her tormentors came at her with the blade in her hand "like in the movie Psycho".

She described feeling the blade puncture her eyelid, an injury which required stitches and narrowly missed puncturing her eyeball, and, as she fell to the ground, she told of feeling further blows to her head and her back.

Three girls were charged following the offence. One faces a charge of wounding with intent as well as a lesser, alternative charge of section 20 wounding. Her two co-defendants face charges of perverting the course of justice after, it is claimed, they helped hide the scissors following the attack.

The victim explained in a police interview shown to the court how she had been "forced into a category" on her first day at the school.

"Somebody asked me on the first day what kind of music I listened to, so I said AC/DC."

She said that, as a result of this, she was told she was a "metaler" and found herself being shunned by other classmates.

All three girls deny the charges against them.

The case has been adjourned until tomorrow.

steve777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
Naren
OldschoolGhettostyle

What the...? I hope those 3 girls get sent to juvenile for a month or so and get their asses beat pretty bad in there.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
D-EJ915
<3's Tsukasa

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Good lord, that's terrible. I hope the metal gods come down and obliterate those anti-metal ............s.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
telecaster90
Smokestack Lightning

As much as I don't like AC/DC, that's easily the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.
telecaster90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:56 PM   #5
7 Dying Trees
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
you know what. this country has slowly been going to .... for the last ten years i have been here. i hope the little ....s actually get something resembling a punishment, but judging by the usual liberal attitude towards scum that they have here, these prayhers will go unanswered.

i am seriously thinking about moving country.

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:57 PM   #6
BinaryTox1n

Is AC/DC even really that metal?

God knows what would've happened to her if she had said "Morbid Angel."

Dave didn't like the song on the radio. So he killed a little girl.
BinaryTox1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:50 AM   #7
Naren
OldschoolGhettostyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryTox1n
Is AC/DC even really that metal?

God knows what would've happened to her if she had said "Morbid Angel."
They would have said "Who's that?" and she would have said "Oh, it's a death metal band " and they would have replied "I see... you're a metaller... you scum..."

Well, in the article, they kept calling her a "metaller", which is an incorrect term for "metal fans" (aka "metalheads"). They obviously don't know what's metal and what isn't.

Bands like Led Zeppelin are considered proto-metal. Bands like AC/DC and Guns And Roses are considered classic rock, but not metal. They are oftentimes listened to by metal fans, but technically they are not metal. AC/DC members themselves refer to their music as "rock and roll." I think that's a good term for it. The only thing metal about AC/DC is the singer's voice. Not bashing them or anything. Just sayin'...
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:49 AM   #8
Cancer
Cancer:The Crucifuct

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
My question is where are the metalhead dudes looking to kick some cheerleader ass??
Cancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:03 AM   #9
steve777
ss.org Regular

You know, I'm not a hardcore AC/DC fan, but that doesn't I'm out hunting down every guy with a mullet and a comaro to stab them.

I just don't get this thinking. Things certainly have changed since I was in school, and not for the better. It's scary when you have kids going through school, whom you are trying to teach to be an individual, and make up their own minds about things, rather then conform to what is the popular opinion or group.
steve777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:50 AM   #10
Roundhouse_Kick
ss.org Regular

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees
you know what. this country has slowly been going to .... for the last ten years i have been here. i hope the little ....s actually get something resembling a punishment, but judging by the usual liberal attitude towards scum that they have here, these prayhers will go unanswered.

+ 1 These sorts of horror stories seem to be appearing more and more frequently around here. Last year a lad from my town everyone knew and liked was attacked by a couple of chavs as he walked home from the rock club every1 goes to, and he died in hospital. He was 19 I think and on his way to university

The only thing keeping me from moving to cornwall is the complete lack of music scene there.
Roundhouse_Kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:13 AM   #11
rogue
metal is forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees

yeh this country used to be great but its eally going down the ....ter

if its too loud, your too old
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:43 AM   #12
Papa Shank
Be-otch

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The UK : Criminal Safe Haven. I .... you not.

As for kids like the ones bullying that girl, frankly I think they need a good hiding. Put the fear of god in them so to speak.
Papa Shank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:50 AM   #13
Loomer
Comfortably Dumb

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Someone should have theํr breathing privileges withdrawn.
Loomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:51 AM   #14
Michael
No More Mr. Nice Guy

That's awful.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:29 AM   #15
metalfiend666
-

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Having been through the UK education system this kind of thing is all too common and sadly doesn't surprise me. I was beaten up quite badly back in 1996 after England were knocked out of the European football championship by Germany. Why? My Great Grandfather was German, ergo I'm a Nazi (seriously they called me that!) and deserve to die.

I was attacked infront of some teachers and hit with the guys school bags, one of which even had an iron bar in it specifically bought in to beat me up with. The teachers broke it up as soon as possible, but I still had to have a few days off school.

So, having experienced that I'm still sad that things like this happen, but I'm not surprised. The girls that did it will probably just get a slap on the wrist too, English justice seems to have no teeth any more.
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:42 AM   #16
DelfinoPie
Whoopsie Daisy!

Yeah it's all too common an occurance. My best mate had an iron bar thrown at him, hitting him in the back of the head, because he's part German...that was by some guys who were like 18 at the time and we were 12.

I got attacked by 3 guys for being part Irish and wearing an Ireland football shirt while walking home at 2am, fortunately I was able to hold my own and was able to walk away. Only one of them was willing to fight me over it, the other two were probably just trying to mug me...but either way the other guy came off worth but I still had my injuries.

I am hoping to get some money together after uni and I'm either moving to Cornwall (specifically Newquay) or out of the country all together.

More words here is more words.
DelfinoPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:00 AM   #17
Lozek
Desk Magnetic

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I dunno dude, you get your fair share of scum in Newquay over the summer season for sure. Haven't been for a few years but I've heard it's getting worse.

Who's for finding an uninhabited enclave and starting a musicians retreat down there somewhere?
Lozek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:03 AM   #18
7 Dying Trees
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfiend666
So, having experienced that I'm still sad that things like this happen, but I'm not surprised. The girls that did it will probably just get a slap on the wrist too, English justice seems to have no teeth any more.
It doesn't exist does it? It's all about giving them tv's, cushy living conditions, short sentences and is a complete joke.

In fact, it is just getting worse, with more and more of this .... happenening. And meanwhile we have record levels of A and GCSE level passes? Yeah, I forgot, the kids have got smarter, right... Oh, and they can't count, can't spell for .... and can't do maths without a calculator. Is it really any wonder that so many are growing up to be complete ignoramuses if they've never been taught to use their brain?

I don't get it at all man ...

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:24 AM   #19
nitelightboy
I poop in shoes.

wtf?! Those kids need to get some serious punishment. THey could've killed that girl! And for what? Because they didn't like her taste in music? .... that!

I am the mask you wear.
nitelightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:36 AM   #20
maliciousteve
Lord Green Fingers

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This kind of .... has been happening round my area for ....ing years. I was beaten up when i was 11 by a 17 year drug addict because i had a BMX that i was taking back to the police and he wanted to try and make it out that i stole it and tried to get money out of me. Broke my nose, bruises all over my head and kind of a fear of going out.

A few years ago a guy was hit round the head with a metal pole just because he won a game of pool and the other guy got annoyed.

Then there's the girl who was in my school year at school who has been put away for a few years (that's right, A FEW YEARS, not life like it should be!) for taking part in raping a baby with her boyfriend. But she was considered a victim because her boyfriend apparently influenced her.

Then there's all the drug addicts walking the streets and hanging around the town who you just want to go up to and give a ....ing good hiding. You can't even protect yourself any more, because you hurt some one and the other guy is considered a victim because of his bad up bringing that has caused him to take the money and possessions you worked hard for. .... that!

I've been considering moving out of the country since a very close friend of mine is moving the America for a few months to study, it's given me a drive to get the .... out of here. But only when i think i'm ready to (and possibly leave my family behind which i'm not keen on )and can support myself.
maliciousteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:13 AM   #21
Toshiro

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
America's not any better, and you're more likey to be shot here.

In 1993, while I was still in High School, I was jumped by skinheads not 3 blocks from the police station because my last name sounded Jewish. Not one cop showed up.

The only way to truely escape it is to never interact with people.
Toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:25 AM   #22
DelfinoPie
Whoopsie Daisy!

The only severe sentencing (and rightly so) was when I witnessed a friend of a friends brother drop a concrete paving slab onto some guys head during a fight which killed him. He got life.

Nowadays the majority of people seem to be living on the dole and benefits with no real intention of doing anything to change their lives or their families lives. I live really close to a council estate as do most of my friends so we're no strangers to witnessing the most disgusting acts of human nature. In one year there were two snipers on the tower blocks outside of my house that brought armed police to the whole area. Not only this but those same tower blocks are the known residence of numerous drug dealers and at one point a child molester who was hiding from the police and no one has the balls to do anything about them, certainly not the authorities. The paedophile eventually toppd himself but thats not justice in my eyes. Countless animals have been thrown out of the windows of those tower blocks and on the 5th of November it has been known (and witnessed) that cats have been strapped to fireworks and then lit.

There is no age range for the culprits either...teenagers and young adults deal the drugs to other teenagers, a few years ago I was introduced to a 4 year old boy who abused solvents and took ecstacy.

More words here is more words.
DelfinoPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:34 AM   #23
XEN
BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS

Feedback Score: 7 reviews

True, it's not just the UK. It's all over the place. People are out of control.

XEN STRINGED INSTRUMENTS
BEYOND 6UITAR AND B4SS

xen.guitars / xen.facebook / xen.email
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:06 AM   #24
Ryan
Hylian Metal Master

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'd stab her for listening to ACDC too.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:11 AM   #25
metalfiend666