homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
JohnIce
Singlecoils = tr00

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Funny thread bashing SS.org

I was browsing along the webs and came across this fairly recent SS.org hate-thread on ultimate-metal:

SevenString.org Bull....tery. - Ultimate Metal Forum

Most of the posters seem to be people who got banned from here (which isn't surprising considering the tone in their posts), among them our good old friend guitarguru777

But what are your thoughts about this? Do you think there's any merit to what they're talking about?
Old 06-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
heavy7-665
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
JJ has an army of mexicans?!

You am need help, your right hand is all ....ed up girl!

"thats why i spring it on her

like a cobra"
Old 06-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
Rashputin
I am Rash

What a douche. "Everybody knows alder and basswood sounds like #"%#" ??? wtf... This guy is too much... He needs to grow up. I'm not gonna start "defending" tone woods here,but this guy needs to educate himself and get some real life musical experience with different guitars before he starts making these kinds of over simplified statements. It's one thing to be angry because you got kicked out from some forum, and then make a thread on some other forum about being kicked out, but to start talking about paralympics etc. is just too much. What an a##h#le.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
Scar Symmetry
Ex Whiny Bitch

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Guy is clearly a tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fail
But.. Such as? :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Win
Customshop ESP MII
Customshop ESP MI
San Dimas Jackson Dinky
Jackson USA KV2
Jackson USA SL-1

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bull.....
Old 06-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
s2k9k
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That moron kid needs a girlfriend.... if that's possible. Who cares what he thinks?
Old 06-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Cabinet
:O

I don't like people like that. Besides he called SS.org members elitist and here he is hating on different wood types etc..
Old 06-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
JohnIce
Singlecoils = tr00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinet View Post
I don't like people like that. Besides he called SS.org members elitist and here he is hating on different wood types etc..
Not to mention guitarguru777 called us all bandwagoners, when he himself is a diehard 5150 user... I think you're entitled to use whatever you want, but being a 5150 user on the Andy Sneap forum doesn't really leave you in a position to call anyone else a band wagoner...
Old 06-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
Customisbetter
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That place is hilarious.

At least those who posted in that thread are...

It saddens me that people browsing the internet aren't smart enough to determine who has a brain and who hasn't/ If you see posts form some random 13 year old with 5 posts and no avatar, don't assume hes the admin of the site...

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Old 06-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
Lucas Crowe
Lovely Boy

Well ...., looks like my alder guitars actually suck...

And my Axe-Fx...

No worries, I can sell em to you Mexican retards* in the Marketplace.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #10
jymellis
Talk To DeWalt

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
now this one pisses me off. this is from mattayus

Unfortunately it's turned into a complete fanboi site. When I started posting there about 3 years ago it was big, but not so big you got swept away in a sea of pricks. Now it's full of kids, kids who are shouting over one another to get their opinion heard. But don't knock it for what it was man, it used to be ....ing awesome, some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry post there (or used to, before it got too much). Just don't go near the recording studio forum if you're not a fan of Meshuggah/Periphery And yes, the gear snobbery is ....ing retarded. There seems to be a set few trends (Blackmachine, Bareknuckle Pickups, Axe FX, Ibanez 7s, anti-EMG etc...) and it does get very tiresome.

fanboi? this guy wants to talk about fanboi? he would suck the dead dick of douchebag darrel if he could, and he wants to talk fanboi? how much you wanna bet he posts back here
Old 06-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
Customisbetter
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Ibanez 7s? holy .... im a fanboy for owning a production guitar that fits my needs.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Old 06-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
DrakkarTyrannis
WWSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jymellis View Post
now this one pisses me off. this is from mattayus

Unfortunately it's turned into a complete fanboi site. When I started posting there about 3 years ago it was big, but not so big you got swept away in a sea of pricks. Now it's full of kids, kids who are shouting over one another to get their opinion heard. But don't knock it for what it was man, it used to be ....ing awesome, some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry post there (or used to, before it got too much). Just don't go near the recording studio forum if you're not a fan of Meshuggah/Periphery And yes, the gear snobbery is ....ing retarded. There seems to be a set few trends (Blackmachine, Bareknuckle Pickups, Axe FX, Ibanez 7s, anti-EMG etc...) and it does get very tiresome.

fanboi? this guy wants to talk about fanboi? he would suck the dead dick of douchebag darrel if he could, and he wants to talk fanboi? how much you wanna bet he posts back here
Honestly he has a very valid point..not to mention even mods and others claim that the site has long passed it's "glory days"..whatever they may be. I apparently wasn't around for those.

The basis of this..it's called opinion. I can definitely see why someone would call this place a fanboi site, but it is what it is. Why get bent out of shape over what another forum said? It's just a website..get over it. If you feel that description isn't accurate about you, then it doesn't apply..what are you getting all offended over?
Old 06-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #13
jymellis
Talk To DeWalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis View Post
H. I can definitely see why someone would call this place a fanboi site, ?

and why would that be?
Old 06-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #14
jymellis
Talk To DeWalt

not to mention the guy that started that thread and was bashing basswood guitars owns a low level basswood ibanez
Soldering HALP - Ultimate Metal Forum
Old 06-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #15
JohnIce
Singlecoils = tr00

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis View Post
Honestly he has a very valid point..not to mention even mods and others claim that the site has long passed it's "glory days"..whatever they may be. I apparently wasn't around for those.

The basis of this..it's called opinion. I can definitely see why someone would call this place a fanboi site, but it is what it is. Why get bent out of shape over what another forum said? It's just a website..get over it. If you feel that description isn't accurate about you, then it doesn't apply..what are you getting all offended over?
I just posted this as it's about us as a community and might be an interesting read. I don't think we're really taking any of these posters seriously. To be honest, much of my reason for posting this was to get a response like yours, regarding whether or not this place actually is full of fanboys and bandwagoners, because that seems to be a popular belief.

And this is the off-topic section, there's not much merit behind most of the threads here And if we had anything more important to do, we wouldn't be here right now in the first place. So it's all in good fun, man.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #16
DrakkarTyrannis
WWSD?

Quote:
and why would that be?
For the reasons stated above and aside from that, just take a look. I've said it a million times to the point that I don't really care to get into it. I can see his point and why people would consider this a fanboi oriented place..if you don't agree, no big deal, perception is reality.

I still stand by the point that even if everyone on that forum said this forum was utter ...., who cares? Why even come here posting what another forum said about this one? It's .... stirring nonsense that just stirs the hornets nest and invites people to get all "patriotic" over something as simple as a website. It's not that important and I really don't understand this forum wars thing. HCAF vs. Sneap Forum vs. SS.Org vs. metalguitarist.org etc etc..Since when are people defined and segregated by what forum they frequent?
Old 06-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #17
ENGLShred7
How Do I Djent?

Talking .... on the internet
Everyone's got a 100 foot E-......
Old 06-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #18
jymellis
Talk To DeWalt

hell i dont even have a rig or an axe fx, i dont like periphery and i dont djent, how am i part of a fanboism? cuz i play ibanez, i been playing ibanez guitars since around 89 lol.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #19
xtrustisyoursx
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I think there definitely is some fanboi tendencies around, but the great part of this place is that it's possible to not like ANY of those things and still enjoy and learn from this site (like myself.)
Old 06-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #20
blister7321
SS.org Regular

the op of that thread should be banned form life what a fag
Old 06-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #21
vampiregenocide
A Chap Called Ross

Every forum is made of fanbois. You build a forum around a specific ideal and people who flock to that ideal will have similar interests.

The fact it was pretty much one guy bashing the place says a lot.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #22
blister7321
SS.org Regular

(johnice i clicked your link on there LO ....in L )
that guy was i little hi strung
i cant belive what an idiot those people in that thread are
save mattayus and yourself still
lol the esp board isnt that bad
Old 06-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #23
blister7321
SS.org Regular

Quote:
hey no need to insult dime i do appreciate your anger for hypocrisy but lets not insult someone who had nothing to do with it
Old 06-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #24
Lucas Crowe
Lovely Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrustisyoursx View Post
I think there definitely is some fanboi tendencies around, but the great part of this place is that it's possible to not like ANY of those things and still enjoy and learn from this site (like myself.)
Well said. I like Periphery and Sikth, but I'm not a big fan of many of the other bands commonly discussed. There is still, however, a wealth of information to be found and a ton of interesting things to be read.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #25
JJ Rodriguez
SS Contributor

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
That's it, I'm sending my army of Mexicans to get him.

Closed Thread