homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:22 AM   #1
bram
@Ibanez Wiki

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 7-string Ibanez models for 2010!

Already showed in magazine pic, but now we have a stock image, the RGD2127Z:

The neck does look kinda long, so maybe the longer scale length rumors were true? No official specs yet...

The RGA7:

Also no official specs but it's an RGA, so a mahogany body could be a possibility. Bridge looks like the Gibraltar Standard. As for the pickups: Look like EMGs, but they aren't labelled and it isn't a prestige, so they could also be new Ibanez made active 'LoZ' pickups.

As for the S series: All S series get 24 frets in 2010! Also the S7320 which will be renamed to S7420 (and Ibanez will probably piss some people off with re-using that name):

As for the RG1527, I'm afraid it will be dropped in favor of an Edge Zero equipped RG1527Z (it looks like all RG1000 series get EZ trems after all in 2010). I do not have a decent image of that one yet, but it looks like a black RG1527 with an Edge Zero

And no, I don't have any news yet about non-black 7-string Ibanez guitars...
bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
-K4G-, adaman, AeonSolus, Anthony, Arminius, Arteriorrhexis, Bleak, Bloody_Inferno, BrainArt, BurialWithin, Cadavuh, caughtinamosh, cddragon, chips400, CooleyJr, CrushingAnvil, cyril v, Daemoniac, Dan, Deathstate, DevinShidaker, dis89, Distortion, djpharoah, drmosh, Durero, El Caco, EliNoPants, Emperoff, Fionn, Fred the Shred, fretninjadave, FYP666, Fzau, george galatis, Gitte, guitarplayerone, Harry, HighGain510, HisShadow, Ibanezz, Isan, jedimindfrak82, JMP2203, Jogeta, John_Strychnine, jymellis, Ketzer, Korngod, leonardo7, liamh, lobee, loktide, MacTown09, MaKo┤s Tethan, Malacoda, Marv Attaxx, Mattmc74, Meldville, MerlinTKD, Meshugger, MetalBuddah, Metaldave, Metalus, MikeH, nikt, oremus91, petereanima, playstopause, PnKnG, possumkiller, Prydogga, punisher911, R3V0LT3, Rabsa, ralphy1976, Ramsay777, Randy, remorse is for the dead, renzoip, Rick, rob_l, Ryan, Sang-Drax, Santuzzo, Scar Symmetry, screamindaemon, Sean Babiniec, Senensis, SerratedSkies, setsuna7, Shawn, Shinto, Soviettank, st2012, Stealthdjentstic, sworth9411, synrgy, s_k_mullins, t o k u g a w a, technomancer, TheHandOfStone, thesimo, ToniS, Valserp, vampiregenocide, Varjo, vhmetalx, vigil785, Ville, wannabguitarist, Wi77iam, XeoFLCL, Xiphos68, yellowv, yevetz, ZeroSignal
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2009, 05:32 AM   #2
metal_sam14
Tard

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i have been very impressed so far with the 2010 ibby's. i like the new RGD series the most, very john petrucci style
metal_sam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:33 AM   #3
drmosh
Sir Paul of the Mosh

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
damnit.. GAS! for all of those!

as for the RGA, it does state on that wiki page that it will be mahogany but let's take that with a grain of salt.

Not that I care, I love basswood too
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:38 AM   #4
zimbloth
Nick // Axe Palace

Feedback Score: 50 reviews
That first one looks badass. Hard to get too excited since I can't deal with rosewood anymore, but I definitely will be looking for it at NAMM.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Mesa/Boogie, Rhodes Amplification, ESP, Jackson, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Framus, Diezel, Orange, Parker, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:40 AM   #5
loktide
dotlike

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
...so no prestige RGA7?

the scale on the RGD model also looks like 27" to me. the model number 2127 would also make sense in that context
loktide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:41 AM   #6
Fred the Shred
Shrederick

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
The good part is that the design itself looks quite practical and well thought. The bad part is that I only see 3 black guitars. Again, Ibanez? Yes, it is conceivable that 7-string players actually enjoy color, thank you.
Fred the Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #7
Rich5150
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Im diggin the RGD and the 24fret S
Rich5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #8
Anton
Death Squad

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
THE FIRST ONE LOOKS AMAZING!!!!

I hope this year will not be a disappointment !!! I'm definitely getting me one of those!!

SikTh
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue.

Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:46 AM   #9
HANIAK
8 string addict

I love all 3 guitars, but I know I'll hate the price tag
HANIAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:50 AM   #10
Loomer
Comfortably Dumb

*splooge*

I might need to get the RGA7
Loomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:51 AM   #11
loktide
dotlike

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Shred View Post
The good part is that the design itself looks quite practical and well thought. The bad part is that I only see 3 black guitars. Again, Ibanez? Yes, it is conceivable that 7-string players actually enjoy color, thank you.
well, if they only relesae this models in one color then black is the most obvious choice. it's not my personal favorite finish, but i can live with it. i think that an exclusive red, blue or green model would turn more people off than black (not me, though )
loktide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:01 AM   #12
bram
@Ibanez Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
as for the RGA, it does state on that wiki page that it will be mahogany but let's take that with a grain of salt.
Well, I created that page myself The mahogany thing is an educated guess considering it's an RGA and all RGAs are mahogany IIRC. If it's basswood, they could as well call it the RG7321 and make it flat, except for the fact that that one already exists. Otherwise it is stated on the page itself information could be false or incomplete
Old 12-10-2009, 06:10 AM   #13
drmosh
Sir Paul of the Mosh

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bram View Post
Well, I created that page myself The mahogany thing is an educated guess considering it's an RGA and all RGAs are mahogany IIRC. If it's basswood, they could as well call it the RG7321 and make it flat, except for the fact that that one already exists. Otherwise it is stated on the page itself information could be false or incomplete
ah! well then thanks for doing all the work in creating that wiki!
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:16 AM   #14
Indee RS
ss.org Regular

DAMN! GAS! Definately want the RGD and RGA but im happy with my real S7420, but its about time they did it! I dont mind black so im pretty pleased. I can imagine some people refinishing them for extra awsomeness, but Im a fan of black with white binding!

Anyone know what kind of necks are on these bad boys? Wizard 1 or 2? Fret access on the RGD looks pretty descent too! Cant wait to try these out!!!!
Indee RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:30 AM   #15
Xiphos68

RGA I'm disappointed with. I figured it would have a quilt, floyd, and look like Brodericks but oh well.
But the RGD is sick! S series like those a lot too.

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:31 AM   #16
adaman
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I will be buying an RGD for sure, and if they end up releasing a RGA Prestige I will be forced to buy it as well! Now I just wanna know if the RGD is really has a 27" scale, I really hope it does.
adaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:34 AM   #17
XeoFLCL
Consumer Whore

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
WHAT!

RGA7 finally I might end up getting one now.. The routings are perfect too, I need a 7 with blackouts after all

Now lets just hope it's in the same pricerange as the other non-prestige RGAs (400~700) I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's 50~100 more than the rga42fm, as it's basically the same thing but with an extra string and no flamed top (it even has the same switch/knob setup, with the EQ switch)

Check out my band, 1371:
www.facebook.com/1371band

»\(゜Д゜)

»\(゜Д゜)/»

»\(゜Д゜ 三゜Д゜)/»

"North Korean women in uniforms waving at the traffic, raining from the sky on platforms, hold by giant umbrellas. Scary... just wait until they invent electricity and traffic lights. Imagine traffic lights falling from the sky and just confusing everyone..." - SD83
XeoFLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:39 AM   #18
dnoel86
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
dnoel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #19
bram
@Ibanez Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indee RS View Post
DAMN! GAS! Definately want the RGD and RGA but im happy with my real S7420, but its about time they did it! I dont mind black so im pretty pleased. I can imagine some people refinishing them for extra awsomeness, but Im a fan of black with white binding!

Anyone know what kind of necks are on these bad boys? Wizard 1 or 2? Fret access on the RGD looks pretty descent too! Cant wait to these out!!!!
No official specs yet, but the RGA7 and S7420 will probably get Wizard II necks considering they're non-Prestige. The RGD (which is Prestige) is completely new, but it would surprise me if it doesn't have a Wizard/Ultra neck.

Still waiting for more clues about other Prestige sevens, there certainly will be more than this.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:50 AM   #20
Wi77iam
Ibanez fanboi

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Want RGA7
repaint and EMG707's and that thing will be pimpin
Wi77iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:52 AM   #21
Senensis
Green stuff

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice bit of information we got here, thanks.

Now, I'm still waiting for a prestige RGA 7, but I suppose that if that happens it will have EMG sized routes. (And we need teh infoz on the UV ! )
Senensis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:52 AM   #22
HighGain510
Cold As Ice

Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bram View Post
THAT IS AWESOME. Best Ibby 7 in a long time. I think the treble horn wraps it up nicely too, very sweet contours and from this shot it's not AS music-man-esque as some were claiming from the catalog picture. Definitely looks like an Ibby to me, just with sharper contours. Also, kinda boofest on the RGA if it has those monster soapbar pickups, not sure who made that call but if that's the production model count me out.

Guitars: PRS, Suhr, Parker, Jackson, Carvin, .strandberg*
Rigs: Suhr PT100, Mesa Boogie JP-2C, Fractal AX8, Mojo 4x12 cab, Port City OS 1x12 cab, Atomic CLR

Missing my NGD's? Posting my new stuff to my Instagram account these days, feel free to follow if you'd like!

Welcome to HighGain510's Instagram Page!

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:04 AM   #23
thefool
SS.org Regular

rgd/rga look sick
thefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:28 AM   #24
XeoFLCL
Consumer Whore

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi77iam View Post
Want RGA7
repaint and EMG707's and that thing will be pimpin
If the RGA7 is flat black (can't really tell from the pic) then that's going to be my next buy guaranteed

But even then, I only have one gloss black finished guitar, so that wouldn't bug me either.

Plus, binding!

Check out my band, 1371:
www.facebook.com/1371band

»\(゜Д゜)

»\(゜Д゜)/»

»\(゜Д゜ 三゜Д゜)/»

"North Korean women in uniforms waving at the traffic, raining from the sky on platforms, hold by giant umbrellas. Scary... just wait until they invent electricity and traffic lights. Imagine traffic lights falling from the sky and just confusing everyone..." - SD83
XeoFLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #25
xmetalhead69
Unexpected Ally

do you think Ibanez will let me trade my s7320 for the new s7420?

http://soundcloud.com/unexpected-allies
http://www.facebook.com/unexpectedallies

A unique sounding, prog metal band, mars volta inspired vocals, fun guitar, and tons of diverse influences. Check us out, our instrumental album is out now, and the next one is coming soon
xmetalhead69 is offline   Reply With Quote