homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
hufschmid
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Arrow Forza Motorsport 3

Holy!!!!!!

Talking about photorealism, this is ....ing insane!

hufschmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Elysian
Banned

Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I started playing it last night. It's ....ing epic. I played until 12:30am, and then, I played before I went to work this morning too. I'm gonna play when I get home as well I'm hooked already.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
hufschmid
Banned

I'm jaelous!!! Now I have GAS because of you
Old 11-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
matty2fatty
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
whoa, looks like I'm stopping by the video store on my way home tonight. I played Forza 2 until it killed my xbox
matty2fatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
AvantGuardian
Orange Vigilante

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Forza 2 was awesome, this looks INSANE! Too many good games coming out now, not enough time to play them.

Metameric - "Sneaky prog rock" straight outta Seattle
(Our EP is now streaming for free!):
www.facebook.com/metamericband

www.twitter.com/metamericband

www.reverbnation.com/metameric
AvantGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
Zak1233
ペヤングマン

I managed to get this 2 days before it was released due to play.com breaking the street release date I played this non stop the first few days I got it, it's amazing how realistic games are these days, god knows what games will be like in the next 10 years!
Zak1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
thesimo
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
such an awesome game, so realistic. Problem is I'm not getting anywhere in the career cuz i just keep doing free races trying out all the cars and dicking about
thesimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
sakeido
Is a Pastafarian

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I am playing the .... out of this game. The Ferrari F40 is the sickest car of all time.
Three play sessions over the past three days = level 21
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
GazPots
Is A Complete Idiot.

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've been playing this for the past 2 weeks. Its really epic.

I turn all the hud off, and stick to the cockpit camera with manual gears+clutch. Totally amazing when you get it perfect. Although i will say you level up FAR too fast compared to forza 2. I'm sitting at almost level 44 now with 6 to go.

The drift racing is supreme. When you get a good room of great drifters it looks insane even when someone crashes and gets 4 supras mauling into them.

= insane car barrel rolls etc.

Currently beasting it around the track in my 1000+ bhp 69 Charger. It's amusing when some dick in a viper starts crying when you edge infront of him and rape him up the straight and fast bends.

http://www.youtube.com/GazPots <--- Guitar vids.

www.soundclick.com/GazTop <--- Random Guitar tunes.
GazPots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
Elysian
Banned

I played this morning before going to work, and lets just say, I got to work, worked half an hour, and then realized I didn't do my hair. Damn you Forza 3!!!

I started building my RX7 this morning, a red FC. Did the 3 rotor swap/single turbo conversion, rotor upgrades, turbo upgrade, all sorts of power adders, some 400+hp, and I didn't upgrade any suspension/brakes/tires The only reason I'm winning races is because it's fast in the straightaways I have to use the gas pedal very conservatively through the turns, it's sad. It drifts sooooo easily.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #11
Esp Griffyn
APEX

I'm still at like level 6, I just can't bring myself to play career mode. I don't want to spend my time driving crappy cars and upgrading them to make them competitive when I can just free play and use the Lamborghini Reventon

That said, I have been burning it up in hot lap. Setting some good times, I got 72nd fastest in the world the other night on the Fujimi Kaido downhill in an E class I think (Corsa VXR) and 30th fastest on one of the Amalfi coast full track in a Honda Civic Type R. To me, the cars that are slower in the grand scheme of things (Astra VXR, Corsa VXR, VW Scirocco etc) are in some ways more fun than the super cars. That said, I am awesome in the Koenigsegg
Esp Griffyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #12
Elysian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esp Griffyn View Post
I'm still at like level 6, I just can't bring myself to play career mode. I don't want to spend my time driving crappy cars and upgrading them to make them competitive when I can just free play and use the Lamborghini Reventon

That said, I have been burning it up in hot lap. Setting some good times, I got 72nd fastest in the world the other night on the Fujimi Kaido downhill in an E class I think (Corsa VXR) and 30th fastest on one of the Amalfi coast full track in a Honda Civic Type R. To me, the cars that are slower in the grand scheme of things (Astra VXR, Corsa VXR, VW Scirocco etc) are in some ways more fun than the super cars. That said, I am awesome in the Koenigsegg
I'm a little confused, you won't play career because you don't want to use crappy cars, but you're having fun using crappy cars in the hot laps

I'm only playing career so far, I think I'm at level 8 or 9 now.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #13
sakeido
Is a Pastafarian

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esp Griffyn View Post
It gives you great cars really early on. I think I only did about four series in a D class starter car, then I bought an Evo and it was all C class from there on out.. another four series and I could afford the F40 and now its all A class, just started in S class last night. You get past the early stages really fast and then around level 19 or 20 you start to get very cool cars for leveling up. I just got the Reventon for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I started building my RX7 this morning, a red FC. Did the 3 rotor swap/single turbo conversion, rotor upgrades, turbo upgrade, all sorts of power adders, some 400+hp, and I didn't upgrade any suspension/brakes/tires The only reason I'm winning races is because it's fast in the straightaways I have to use the gas pedal very conservatively through the turns, it's sad. It drifts sooooo easily.
I always upgrade brakes & tires first in S class my Ferrari only has 500ish horsepower and I have to try and beat a Veyron.. the only reason I win is because my F40 completely outcorners the Bugatti.. brakes twice as fast, corners twice as hard
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #14
Elysian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakeido View Post
It gives you great cars really early on. I think I only did about four series in a D class starter car, then I bought an Evo and it was all C class from there on out.. another four series and I could afford the F40 and now its all A class, just started in S class last night. You get past the early stages really fast and then around level 19 or 20 you start to get very cool cars for leveling up. I just got the Reventon for free.

I always upgrade brakes & tires first in S class my Ferrari only has 500ish horsepower and I have to try and beat a Veyron.. the only reason I win is because my F40 completely outcorners the Bugatti.. brakes twice as fast, corners twice as hard
Yeah I ran out of money
Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #15
GazPots
Is A Complete Idiot.

You should try saving up for the unicorn cars in the auction house. I wanted the Mazda RX7 spirit R but quickly realised my 500k credits is woefully small compared to the current 10 million one unicorn sits at with 3 hours left.

I can only assume it's the sucessful sellers that have the cash to get those models.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
hufschmid
Banned

This sounds so epic, that it sounds as epic as the first ridge racer back in the old days when you had to get the bonus black and white angel cars...

Now I must buy a game machine again
Old 11-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #17
robotsatemygma
myspace.com/pygar1

I remember seeing previews for this. Visually stimulating!!!

One thing I noticed is the "dash" tachometer and the one on the right on the screen, don't match rpms at all.
robotsatemygma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #18
GazPots
Is A Complete Idiot.

lol.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #19
Elysian
Banned

I had my first rollover this morning, it was on purpose, and was actually on Sedona I took my RX7 into the barrier on one of the huge banked turns just to see what would happen, then I rewound
Old 11-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #20
Bungle
Sir Roger Moore, KBE

Hit level 30 last night and got given a Veyron as a result. Hit it with the widest slicks possible, took it for a lap around Le Mans.... Holy ....ing .....

Then did another couple of laps with weight reduction, intake, exhaust and intercooler and went up against R2 cars in a quick race... HOLY ....ING ..... Just blasts by like they're standing still.

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:37 AM   #21
GazPots
Is A Complete Idiot.

Do the R2 speedway race on the nissan speedway. In the veyron you hit 257 or above on the bowl and can earn 15k every 4 and a half minutes.

Alternatively do the le mans r2 endurance race (17 laps). Takes 1hour and 5 minutes in the R2 veyron and you get 240k roughly with no assists/hard difficulty. While that may sound scary, the veyron is so fast on the straights it will wipe the floor on the first lap and you'll be free to coast the rest of the race.

If you do that race for the first time you'll get over 300k as you get a bonus (1st time only).

So both races work out at the same rate of money but the first method incures loading times. So i use that method to get some cash for upgrading my massive fleet of cars. You'll also increase your drivers rank stupidly fast and get the horrendously good cars in no time. First time i did the endurace race i mauled 3 driver levels when i finished which meant i got 3 awesome cars AND and .... load of money.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:29 AM   #22
Prydogga
Giddyup.

It's an awesome game, and the car detail is beautiful, but there is alot of Forza 2 still in it, alot of the sounds and the vinyls etc are the same. I still love doing great design on every car I get, every car game I've played I've made a few EVH style cars. Can't wait to buy the Reventon...

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:08 AM   #23
GazPots
Is A Complete Idiot.

I love the fact you can save designs and load them to any car nowinstead of having to redot it for every one. So i have a nice white to black flame paint job i can use as my sig now.

Still miffed that Turn 10 decided to do away with custom public rooms online. Retarded move of the year there.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #24
Elysian
Banned

Finished up my 2nd season last night. I'm at level 15 I believe as of this morning. I'm loving this game, a LOT. My FC is now dialed in with ~500hp, only slight weight reduction, I've got it set up to be an A600 on the dot, and I'm owning up A class races. I'm working on an A class Nurburgring tournament, 3 heats on certain sections of the ring, and so far I've won them all, got one more tournament left in that series. I did just get my first 2nd place finish, in an A class World Championship race Got beat by a Z06, and just barely

Even though I have my FC set up with only ~500hp, I've still only got 225/20 tires, so it's still really slidey. I've really figured out the pedal modulation:bleh: though, so I'm not doing too bad. I also dropped my final drive ratio down to 2.98, my 6th gear goes off the friggin chart It maxes out around 180 due to lack of power.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #25
Esp Griffyn
APEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I'm a little confused, you won't play career because you don't want to use crappy cars, but you're having fun using crappy cars in the hot laps

I'm only playing career so far, I think I'm at level 8 or 9 now.
They aren't crappy cars

By crappy cars I meant stuff Im not interested in - seeing my brother do an endurance race in a VW Bora and having to look at its ugly arse for over an hour, or during an entire series of races in a Fiat 500, not for me!
Esp Griffyn is online now   Reply With Quote