homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:22 PM   #11051
Faine
Playing guitar.

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If anyones interested, I'm selling my Line 6 hd pod pro x

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sho...d.php?t=315213

Faine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:52 PM   #11052
Zulphur
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is the model pack trick still working guys?
Zulphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:29 PM   #11053
stevexc
Laura Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulphur View Post
Is the model pack trick still working guys?
Hasn't been for at least a week.

*not actually an artist

CaptainD00M:
"stevexc: Patron deity of mockups and knowing the mind of Jeff Kiesel"

Obligatory YouTube Link
stevexc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #11054
blubaruboxer
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenat0n View Post
That's one of my patches. Sending it to you asap.
would love to try this out as well if you dont mind.
blubaruboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #11055
Rizzo
SS.org Regular

Anyone willing to discuss a bit about his own experience in experimenting with "pre" models? I got there pretty late, but I'll give my 2 cents.
I think they all tend to sound more or less the same, but IMHO the treadplate, jcm800 (old "stock model" version) and L6 eletrik get way more usable than their full counterparts. Especially, in my opinion the elektrik pre version might be the best (and most realistic) sounding amp amongst all the stock models. Speaking of add-on ones, the 5150 pre is usable as well.

Perseverance is the key!

Check out my underground music blog The Somber Lane and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
We're currently looking for writers (aka external contributors). Hit me up if you're interested.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:50 AM   #11056
Akhenat0n
ss.org Regular

Sorry guys for being late. I THINK this is the patch I used:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck1a6djc9c...ypres.h5e?dl=0

Make sure to fine tune it further according to your guitars and pups.
Akhenat0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:25 AM   #11057
emclel78
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Sorry guys for being late. I THINK this is the patch I used:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck1a6djc9c...ypres.h5e?dl=0

Make sure to fine tune it further according to your guitars and pups.
Thanks a bunch! We'll see if it fits in the mix.
emclel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:54 AM   #11058
Akhenat0n
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by emclel78 View Post
Thanks a bunch! We'll see if it fits in the mix.
You're welcome my friend.......
Old 09-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #11059
Zulphur
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Anyone willing to discuss a bit about his own experience in experimenting with "pre" models? I got there pretty late, but I'll give my 2 cents.
I think they all tend to sound more or less the same, but IMHO the treadplate, jcm800 (old "stock model" version) and L6 eletrik get way more usable than their full counterparts. Especially, in my opinion the elektrik pre version might be the best (and most realistic) sounding amp amongst all the stock models. Speaking of add-on ones, the 5150 pre is usable as well.
Yeah they sound good a bit different from the "full amp". The Engl pre, Slo-Overdrive and newest Marshall also works great. Try the plexi ones with pre-eq and an overdrive , to me they sound great.
Zulphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:49 AM   #11060
TonyFlyingSquirrel
Cherokee Warrior

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anyone have a usable Jerry Cantrell preset using the Bomber model?
Surprisingly, no good ones on Custom Tone, just Blackface with Screamer combo's & such.

I'm looking for something more like the most recent two records, plugging the guitar right into the amp & not a whole lot more. Something akin to his Bogner tones before he switched to his Freidman siggy, or anything close to his Freidman siggy.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=268162
Seven Strings to rule them all, Seven Strings to find them, Seven Strings to bring them all and in the music bind them.
TonyFlyingSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #11061
TonyFlyingSquirrel
Cherokee Warrior

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I made my own and posted it, it seems to be reasonably liked 'cause it's getting downloaded like crazy.
Just named it "Cantrell".

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=268162
Seven Strings to rule them all, Seven Strings to find them, Seven Strings to bring them all and in the music bind them.
TonyFlyingSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:14 PM   #11062
ZeroS1gnol
SS.org Regular

Wow, this thread is really dying eh? Everybody switched to other units or what?

I could use some insight in recording matters. While recording tracks for my previous band a couple of years back, we used a DI box, split it to my old Pod X3 bean for monitoring and to a Focusrite audio interface to record the DI track.

I've got a Pod HD500X for a while already, and I'm wondering if recording over USB on a patch without any fx or amps on it, in other words, a dry patch, gives me a dry sound signal something comparable to the method described above, with the DI box.

I can't really seem to to find anything on this, but I'm kind of worried that a) without a DI box there is no conversion unbalanced to balanced, so not so good quality and b) there is some kind of sound processing, even on a dry patch.

-------

Some notes:
-Don't worry about me being able to monitor the clean tracks I can set up a dual patch, or run my other pod to an amp.
-I can still fall back on my Pod X3, it actually has options to record a wet and dry signal at the same time.
ZeroS1gnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #11063
Akhenat0n
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroS1gnol View Post
Wow, this thread is really dying eh? Everybody switched to other units or what?

I could use some insight in recording matters. While recording tracks for my previous band a couple of years back, we used a DI box, split it to my old Pod X3 bean for monitoring and to a Focusrite audio interface to record the DI track.

I've got a Pod HD500X for a while already, and I'm wondering if recording over USB on a patch without any fx or amps on it, in other words, a dry patch, gives me a dry sound signal something comparable to the method described above, with the DI box.

I can't really seem to to find anything on this, but I'm kind of worried that a) without a DI box there is no conversion unbalanced to balanced, so not so good quality and b) there is some kind of sound processing, even on a dry patch.

-------

Some notes:
-Don't worry about me being able to monitor the clean tracks I can set up a dual patch, or run my other pod to an amp.
-I can still fall back on my Pod X3, it actually has options to record a wet and dry signal at the same time.

I've heard from someone that it's better to use a DI box for that purpose, but don't take it for granted. I'd like some info as well.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:37 PM   #11064
blacai
SS.org Regular

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have been trying to create a preset where I tune one step down using a pitch pedal.

Settings are:
Pitch: -1.1
MIX: 100%
FX Type: Pitch
FX Model: Pitch Glide

More or less it sounds "ok", but it lacks of definition/clarity.
Where should I place the effect? Beginning of the chain? Just before the amps?

How should the pitch be in order to tune 1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2... steps down?

I have a purple one.
blacai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:44 AM   #11065
Akhenat0n
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacai View Post
I have been trying to create a preset where I tune one step down using a pitch pedal.

Settings are:
Pitch: -1.1
MIX: 100%
FX Type: Pitch
FX Model: Pitch Glide

More or less it sounds "ok", but it lacks of definition/clarity.
Where should I place the effect? Beginning of the chain? Just before the amps?

How should the pitch be in order to tune 1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2... steps down?
Try putting the Glide at the first place in the chain.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #11066
tuttermuts
SS.org Regular

Got a question:

Using outbord cabsims on a hd500x (I've been eyeballing the pangaea for a while) is it worth it? This would be for live.
I've only managed to find a few examples online, seems like a slight improvement.
Tried in a daw a couple of times with mixed results (didn't have much time to fiddle around with it tbh). Thing is there seems to be a bit of confusion as to what output mode to use and how.

Anyone?

The more I hang around here,
the more I start viewing 7's as
standard and 6's as the oddballs

Say hi to my 7:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ext...ns-so-far.html
tuttermuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:32 AM   #11067
Rizzo
SS.org Regular

Just a random question since I had this idea but I'm not home with my pod for a bunch of weeks now: if you stack up some delays with modulation and set them all at the same time except for feedback and modulation efx, can you get one delay with different modulated trails or would it just be a mess?

Perseverance is the key!

Check out my underground music blog The Somber Lane and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
We're currently looking for writers (aka external contributors). Hit me up if you're interested.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #11068
Santuzzo
SS.org Regular

A question to those of you who got the HD amp packs:
Would you say the new amp models are worth getting?
I do think I have plenty of amp models in the POD HD500 already, and I actually only use a few of them and am very pleased with the tones I'm getting, so I'm not feeling a necessity of getting the amp packs, however if the new amp models are very good sounding then it might be worth it.

For metal rhythm tones I mostly use the Treadplate and the Fireball models both with a Screamer in front of them. To me those sound very good.

I watched a few demo clips on YT on the amp model packs but I was not blown away by them. Sounded fine, but nothing that made me think I HAVE to get those ....

my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype, different styles of music. Send me a PM if interested.

Santuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #11069
Akhenat0n
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santuzzo View Post
A question to those of you who got the HD amp packs:
Would you say the new amp models are worth getting?
I do think I have plenty of amp models in the POD HD500 already, and I actually only use a few of them and am very pleased with the tones I'm getting, so I'm not feeling a necessity of getting the amp packs, however if the new amp models are very good sounding then it might be worth it.

For metal rhythm tones I mostly use the Treadplate and the Fireball models both with a Screamer in front of them. To me those sound very good.

I watched a few demo clips on YT on the amp model packs but I was not blown away by them. Sounded fine, but nothing that made me think I HAVE to get those ....
Well I got those for free, and I say yes. Big Bottom and 5150 are something that I really missed. To be honest I still haven't tried the vintage and the bass pack amps out yet. To be fully honest only the Big Bottom and the 5150 For example, check this out:
https://soundcloud.com/ericjutsu/pod-hd-big-bottom?in=dinko-infeqtor-lipova-a/sets/pod-hd500

Sounds godlike to my ears.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #11070
Santuzzo
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Well I got those for free, and I say yes. Big Bottom and 5150 are something that I really missed. To be honest I still haven't tried the vintage and the bass pack amps out yet. To be fully honest only the Big Bottom and the 5150 For example, check this out:
https://soundcloud.com/ericjutsu/pod-hd-big-bottom?in=dinko-infeqtor-lipova-a/sets/pod-hd500

Sounds godlike to my ears.
Thank you!
That does sound great indeed
Awesome playing, too and I love me some Nevermore!

my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype, different styles of music. Send me a PM if interested.

Santuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #11071
Jarmake
Frost Giant

My trusty old x3 live is going to retire this weekend (I have already fixed it five times and I've had enough) and there's a hd500x on the way. Now I'll just have to start collecting tones for trying out. Shame that the free amp pack promotion isn't available anymore though.

I am therefore leaving immediately for Nepal, where I intend to live as a goat.
Jarmake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:15 AM   #11072
Jarmake
Frost Giant

Got my hd500x yesterday and holy crap there's a lot more to tweak compared to my old and trusty x3 live. Last night went on purely just ....ing around and trying different stuff on it.

The footswitches are quite a lot better than they were on x3 live (and apparently on hd500 too.), there's a lot less squeaking and wobling when pressing the buttons. At first they felt "wrong" under my foot when changing patches and whatnot, but after a while I could say that they're heaps better. I love thebled rings, they're much better than the little lights on my x3. Expression pedal feels different too and the toeswitch is a bit harder to press, but it's not a bad thing.

I bet I'm going to love this a lot more than x3 after getting used to tweaking it.

I am therefore leaving immediately for Nepal, where I intend to live as a goat.
Jarmake is offline   Reply With Quote