homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Interviews, Reviews & Tech Articles > The Sevenstring.org Workbench
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

The Sevenstring.org Workbench How-To's, Lessons, Tech Articles, etc. to keep your gear and your playing in top shape. Contribute and submit your own!

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #151
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Just checked my order. They sent me the wrong ones as I was sure I'd ordered EMG40 housings and they sent me the 35 housings.

Their customer service isn't great is it :/

Not sure I want to order from them aain, any other places do these I could try?

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #152
Sarcy English Twat

7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Right. Attempt 2 atr ordering off guitar jones. THis time i've ordered 2xEMG35 and 2xEMG40 housings as they basically sent me 35 housings last time.

Means I'll probably end up with a spare set of 35 housings for anyone that wants a set.

Hopefully they won't .... up this time either.

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 01-31-2012, 03:14 AM   #153
The Illusionist

SirDjent is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Upon checkout at Guitar Jones my webpage is telling me that "There is a problem with this website's security certificate" So what should I do? I found another site that has these:

http://www.andreaspickup.com/product.php?id_product=47

Will they work too?

dislike
SirDjent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #154
SS.org Regular

Brohoodofsteel75 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Will the 35 housings fit a 7 string pickup? Or are they for 6 strings?
Brohoodofsteel75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #155
dotlike

loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
EMG 8-string (eg 808): EMG40 housing
EMG 7-string (eg 707, 817): EMG35 housing
Randy likes this.
loktide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #156
THE. DEAD. SEASON.

FireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by loktide View Post
EMG 8-string (eg 808): EMG40 housing
EMG 7-string (eg 707, 817): EMG35 housing
Where can I find "Standard" or Passive size 7 String Pickup Covers? I found some for my 6 but no luck with non-Emg (707) size for 7 string. Sorry if this has been covered earlier in this thread, I am a little late in the game.

Six's:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
ESP LTD EC-1000 - EMG 81/81
Fender Strat - Duncan Blackout/Mick Thompson Blackout, tricked out.

Seven's:
Ibanez RG7321 - Blaze/Jazz w/Blackouts Modular Preamp.
ESP LTD M-107 tricked out.

ERG's:
ESP LTD VB-400 Viper Baritone - Blackout/EMG 85
Ibanez RGA8 - D Activator 8's
Ibanez RG8

Amp stuff:
Axe FX Ultra
Mesa Oversized 4x12
Line 6 Vetta HD
Framus Dragon 4x12

Basses:
Fender Jazz Bass - EMG's
Schecter Elite 4 Bass - EMG/BQC Control.
FireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #157
dotlike

loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireInside View Post
Where can I find "Standard" or Passive size 7 String Pickup Covers? I found some for my 6 but no luck with non-Emg (707) size for 7 string. Sorry if this has been covered earlier in this thread, I am a little late in the game.
afaik there are no aftermarket passive-sized 7-string covers.
Unread 02-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #158
THE. DEAD. SEASON.

FireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by loktide View Post
afaik there are no aftermarket passive-sized 7-string covers.

Seems to be the case. I have searched everywhere.

Six's:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
ESP LTD EC-1000 - EMG 81/81
Fender Strat - Duncan Blackout/Mick Thompson Blackout, tricked out.

Seven's:
Ibanez RG7321 - Blaze/Jazz w/Blackouts Modular Preamp.
ESP LTD M-107 tricked out.

ERG's:
ESP LTD VB-400 Viper Baritone - Blackout/EMG 85
Ibanez RGA8 - D Activator 8's
Ibanez RG8

Amp stuff:
Axe FX Ultra
Mesa Oversized 4x12
Line 6 Vetta HD
Framus Dragon 4x12

Basses:
Fender Jazz Bass - EMG's
Schecter Elite 4 Bass - EMG/BQC Control.
FireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #159
Sarcy English Twat

So, have got my order on the way so should be here in a week or two.

IF they've not ....ed up, then I'll have a spare set of EMG707 sized housings that you should be able to fit normal 7string sized passives into (I think), so does anyone want them?

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #160
ss.org Regular

lordrcceaser is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDjent View Post
Upon checkout at Guitar Jones my webpage is telling me that "There is a problem with this website's security certificate" So what should I do? I found another site that has these:

Will they work too?
Yup I got both a 7 and an 8 string size cover from there and they fit perfectly
Definitely the best place to go if you're in Europe
lordrcceaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #161
Classic Lojack

DoomJazz is a glorious beacon of lightDoomJazz is a glorious beacon of lightDoomJazz is a glorious beacon of light
So, I like this mod, but I need to know if there's any way that I can get covers like this, but in gold...
DoomJazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #162
SS.org Regular

killertone is a name known to allkillertone is a name known to allkillertone is a name known to allkillertone is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm View Post
it really depends on the magnetic field strength of your pickups, if you've got a big ceramic magnet and efficient polepieces it may not effect things too much.
I am thinking of ordering these and cutting off the top instead of the bottom to adjust for fit. That will actually also allow for the pickup to be adjusted to proper height with out a problem. Then you still get the cover to fill in the gaps in the rout but get the correct height for the pickup.

Randall Product Rep

Tom Anderson Drop Top 7
ESP Eclipse 7
LTD H-207 w/ SD Distortion & 59 pups
Fortin modded Marshall plexi
Evil Pumpkin
Seymour Duncan Pickups
killertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #163
ss.org Regular

Heavy Jerk is on a distinguished road
If you guys with spare EMG 35 (EMG707) housings are willing to part with them, just lemme know

Need 2 of those.
Heavy Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #164
SS.org Regular

Brohoodofsteel75 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomJazz View Post
So, I like this mod, but I need to know if there's any way that I can get covers like this, but in gold...
Just get them then paint em up i guess? It works with actual active pickups.
Brohoodofsteel75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #165
Sarcy English Twat

Here's one for you guys:

Housings do NOT fit DActivator8's , the pickups are too chunky, and the covers a little bit too small, so when you try to put them in the covers, the plastic bows out and the pickup/cover assembly doesn't fit the route for the EMG808's

Pretty annoyed about this as I spent ages waiting for these and had to make 2 attempts at ordering.

Anyway, seems like BKP 8's firt in them, so if anyone wants covers for BKP 8 string pickups for EMG routes, well, give me a shout as I have 2 covers I can't use

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 03-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #166
dotlike

yeah, it was a pretty tight fit with my coldsweats.

i ended up unwinding the tape that protects the winding so that there was only one turn left to make them fit.

would this perhaps help with the dactivators? if the bobbin toppers are too wide, you could also probably sand them down a tiny bit
Broken_Hyren likes this.
Unread 03-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #167
Sarcy English Twat

Just ended up mounting the pups direct with no cover, need to realign one, but just can't be bothered to be honest, just a massice pain to do so going to be buying a bunch of punk / fuucked up stickers and just turning the guitar into a filthy looking thing
ThePhilosopher likes this.

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 04-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #168
ss.org Regular

Heavy Jerk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDjent View Post

Will they work too?
Are these perfect fit for EMG 707 dimensions? Or are they for EMG 808?
Heavy Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #169
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Sorry for the necrobump... But does anyone know of any other places to get these? I tried to purchase a set of these from the site in the OP. Things went as planned at first. I ordered them and paid with no problems.

Two days later, I get an email from them saying that I'm getting a refund with no explanation. I emailed twice asking why I was receiving a refund but I got no answer.

I returned to the site to see if I could just buy them again, and when I get to the point where I should be allowed to choose a payment method, the site throws an error "Error: No payment methods enabled."
Broken_Hyren likes this.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #170
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
Here's one for you guys:

Housings do NOT fit DActivator8's , the pickups are too chunky, and the covers a little bit too small, so when you try to put them in the covers, the plastic bows out and the pickup/cover assembly doesn't fit the route for the EMG808's

Pretty annoyed about this as I spent ages waiting for these and had to make 2 attempts at ordering.

Anyway, seems like BKP 8's firt in them, so if anyone wants covers for BKP 8 string pickups for EMG routes, well, give me a shout as I have 2 covers I can't use
Oh, damn. I'm glad I saw this, because I was planning to get some of these for my incoming OAF.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #171
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Damn... I just read this thread more thoroughly... Looks like I'm gonna be trading some pups for some real EMGs... Eff the BS...

Unread 05-09-2012, 05:16 AM   #172
dotlike

^ it's a really tight fit with BKPs. i had to unwrap part of the tape around the coils to fit them.
Unread 05-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #173
ss.org Regular

davidvaldes is on a distinguished road
then .. the invention serves to put a DiMarzio Evolution 7 in Ibanez rg2627?

EMG ....ing!!
davidvaldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #174
Dread-I Master

Mojotone.com - The Best source for Vintage Amp Parts, Cabinets, Guitar Parts, Bass Parts, and Pickup Parts

These guys have em too. The payment option on guitar jones still seems broken to me.

Unread 05-21-2012, 03:33 AM   #175
Dread-I Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
Here's one for you guys:

This, my good man, be a DA8.

And I have a BKP Emerald in the bridge.