homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-21-2009, 03:14 AM   #1
Consumer Whore

XeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Considering selling my C7 and getting an Agile hornet 727.. worth it?

Pretty much what the topic says. Should I sell the C7 for like 400~425 and put around 200~230 or whatever I need aside from my paycheck in two weeks and order an Agile hornet pro 727? I recently bought a Douglas SR370 and my god, that guitar blew me away and I think I'm going all rondomusic now. What does the Hornet compare to with the high end ESP LTDs? (I've been looking at the HEX-7 and considering saving for it, but after getting this Douglas I've really changed my mind..)

Check out my band, 1371:
www.facebook.com/1371band

\(゜Д゜)

\(゜Д゜)/

\(゜Д゜ 三゜Д゜)/

"North Korean women in uniforms waving at the traffic, raining from the sky on platforms, hold by giant umbrellas. Scary... just wait until they invent electricity and traffic lights. Imagine traffic lights falling from the sky and just confusing everyone..." - SD83
XeoFLCL is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-21-2009, 05:28 AM   #2
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No, it's not.

save up and buy the hornet pro. own 2 nice 7's.

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
This Fury Reborn

abadonae is a jewel in the rough
i've owned 2 agile guitars now, an 8 and a 7 and they're both outstanding guitars, worth 2x - 3x the amount your paying for them, i've got a schecter and i've kept it but i would sell it if i wanted to get another agile, they're amazing gutiars man, and the hornet is a beast!!! DO IT!!!

if one man dies its a tragedy,
if a million men die its a statistic,

Josef Stalin
abadonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Do it.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by budda View Post
No, it's not.

save up and buy the hornet pro. own 2 nice 7's.
We think alike. I would do the same.

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
ss.org Regular

snuif09 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
keep all your 7's the more strings you have in total the longer your dick is =)
snuif09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
ss.org Regular

george galatis has a spectacular aura about
just save money dude....don't make wrong disation

http://www.myspace.com/giomilko

Θρήνος βαρύς επέφτει
george galatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
Consumer Whore

XeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to behold
Hm.. I'm thinking of saving but I'm concerned by the time I have the cash saved up, they'll be gone (I'd have to save a months worth) and the C7 is always available.

If I can't sell the C7 for 400 or so (they go 500 brand new) then I prolly won't do it, as I absolutely LOVE my C7.

Check out my band, 1371:

\(゜Д゜)

\(゜Д゜)/

\(゜Д゜ 三゜Д゜)/

"North Korean women in uniforms waving at the traffic, raining from the sky on platforms, hold by giant umbrellas. Scary... just wait until they invent electricity and traffic lights. Imagine traffic lights falling from the sky and just confusing everyone..." - SD83
Unread 09-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #9
Theory God

Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
They'll be back, dude. If you like your C7, you can always save your paychecks and get a Hornet from another run, presuming that the current inventory sells out.

Skype theory lessons. PM me.
Mr. Big Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #10
ss.org Regular

george galatis has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeoFLCL View Post
Hm.. I'm thinking of saving but I'm concerned by the time I have the cash saved up, they'll be gone (I'd have to save a months worth) and the C7 is always available.

If I can't sell the C7 for 400 or so (they go 500 brand new) then I prolly won't do it, as I absolutely LOVE my C7.
ye dude....i know, look....1 guitar = ok.. 2 guitars = much better!! my opinion it's do not sell your C7! it's great guitar... try to be patience!

http://www.myspace.com/giomilko

Θρήνος βαρύς επέφτει
george galatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #11
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
you said you love your C7 - do NOT sell anything you dont HAVE to. . $5 says one will be for sale within a chunk of time.

If you need more money than your current job provides, work odd jobs!

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
Consumer Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by budda View Post
you said you love your C7 - do NOT sell anything you dont HAVE to. . $5 says one will be for sale within a chunk of time.

If you need more money than your current job provides, work odd jobs!
lol good point. I already have three 7 strings though and one sixxer. Our rhythm guitarist is using my washburn though.

I think I'll hold off for a bit longer and aim for blackouts for the douglas, and then after getting those I'll save up for the next run and pull 50~100 off a check, that is assuming they sell out soon.

Check out my band, 1371:

\(゜Д゜)

\(゜Д゜)/

\(゜Д゜ 三゜Д゜)/

Unread 09-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #13
Fusion Neophyte

hypermagic is a jewel in the rough
I'd suggest not to, only because I don't particularly enjoy V's, I'm a superstrat man.
hypermagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #14
Consumer Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermagic View Post
I'd suggest not to, only because I don't particularly enjoy V's, I'm a superstrat man.
I'm a sucker for fret access on Vs

Check out my band, 1371:

\(゜Д゜)

\(゜Д゜)/

\(゜Д゜ 三゜Д゜)/

Unread 09-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

possumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to all
has anybody on here ever got one of the hornet 7s? the only ones that ive seen were custom ordered before they made them regular models. im very very interested in one. and an interceptor.

sol niger 333: "I'm guessing a dildo was used. A truth dildo."
possumkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #16
Orange Vigilante

AvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of lightAvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of lightAvantGuardian is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by possumkiller View Post
has anybody on here ever got one of the hornet 7s? the only ones that ive seen were custom ordered before they made them regular models. im very very interested in one. and an interceptor.
I had one for a couple of days. If you order one, make sure they ship it in the hard case! See my NGD thread for the details:

NGD, point Agile content (56k, probably not)

That being said, it was a pretty cool guitar, and my sending it back for a refund was pretty much a knee jerk reaction to being upset about the packing job. I'm actually considering buying another sometime, assuming they have the cases in stock.
AvantGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #17
Consumer Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvantGuardian View Post
I had one for a couple of days. If you order one, make sure they ship it in the hard case! See my NGD thread for the details:

That being said, it was a pretty cool guitar, and my sending it back for a refund was pretty much a knee jerk reaction to being upset about the packing job. I'm actually considering buying another sometime, assuming they have the cases in stock.
the non baritone ones come with a case now. if I got one I'd prolly get that one cause it's a fact king Vs of any shape or form always get nailed when shipping.. and as much as I love baritone scale, I like my light strings as loose as they can get (I use .14~.08 on my high strings tuned to standard) and that extra length makes them a little too tight for comfort for me.

Check out my band, 1371:

\(゜Д゜)

\(゜Д゜)/

\(゜Д゜ 三゜Д゜)/

Unread 09-23-2009, 05:07 AM   #18
SS.org Regular

possumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvantGuardian View Post

ahh that sucks man! that was a really sweet looking guitar! i wanted to get one of those white ones and white out all the plastic but EMG apparently doesnt do white 7 string pickups yet. i could always get a black one and black out all the hardware. or wait for the custom shop to open again and get a black satin one without the pickguard.

sol niger 333: "I'm guessing a dildo was used. A truth dildo."
possumkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
ss.org Regular

kdog420000 is on a distinguished road
keep it!!!!
kdog420000 is offline   Reply With Quote