homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

View Poll Results: Do I sell my dodgy 6 string and my ibanez body + neck for an ET custom RG7?
Yes, only douchers play TTM - A Custom RG7 is for you. 15 78.95%
No, TTM is made of God and Win. 0 0%
Save the rubles until you has enoughs. 3 15.79%
Sell your dodgy 6 string and upgrade your RG7620 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-04-2009, 06:39 AM   #1
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Normally, I'm immune to gas...

...By virtually the fact that I never have money. But I have a potentially brilliant plan.

That, plus a string and blackouts is an image I can not get out of my head.

I'm thinking:
  • Alder Body
  • 5 Piece flame maple neck
  • Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • The Edge Lo-Pro7 from my RG7620
  • Sperzel locking tuners
  • Single volume knob
  • 3 Way mini-switch
  • I'm not sold on a Reversed headstock, I like regulars just fine
  • I'll just get a black Ibanez Prestige logo or have it painted on by whoever...
  • May throw an All Parts USA silver locking nut on (with black screws of course, pure class ) just to be different.

[Y] / [N] ?

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
CrushingAnvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-04-2009, 07:02 AM   #2
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I say get a custom RG7, but what sort of state is your 7620 in atm and what would you do to it?
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
Banned

Scali is just really niceScali is just really nice
Yea, why wouldn't you just replace the body of your RG7620 with an alder one? RG7620 neck == secks.
Also, who cares about tuners with a locking nut?
Scali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #4
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
I say get a custom RG7, but what sort of state is your 7620 in atm and what would you do to it?
The body has about 20 gouges, It's great but I have the opportunity to get an insanely nice guitar made for me so I'm tempted to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scali View Post
Yea, why wouldn't you just replace the body of your RG7620 with an alder one? RG7620 neck == secks.
Also, who cares about tuners with a locking nut?
I want a new neck. I'd love a maple fretboard.

I've always liked sperzels, It's just personal preference.

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel

Last edited by CrushingAnvil; 09-04-2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 09-04-2009, 07:36 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushingAnvil View Post
I want a new neck. I'd love a maple fretboard.
Ah, I see. I have a 6-string RG with alder body and regular 1-piece maple neck with rosewood fretboard myself.

Quote:
I've always liked sperzels, It's just personal preference.
Fair enough... It's just that for me personally, as long as they hold the strings while I restring my guitar, they're good enough
I've never cared about tuners at all, because I only use them while restringing. After that it's a lock and using the finetuners on the bridge.
Unread 09-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
do it, now.
Wi77iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2009, 07:52 AM   #7
\m not jesus land m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scali View Post
Ah, I see. I have a 6-string RG with alder body and regular 1-piece maple neck with rosewood fretboard myself.

Fair enough... It's just that for me personally, as long as they hold the strings while I restring my guitar, they're good enough
I've never cared about tuners at all, because I only use them while restringing. After that it's a lock and using the finetuners on the bridge.
Yeah, I like the look of sperzels too, they just make a guitar look so much crisper.

So you wouldn't care if a Les Paul standard you owned had chrome grovers instead of plastic Klusons? I'd rather have the klusons \m/ haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi77iam View Post
do it, now.

Thanks, Will.

By the way is that the guy from lost in your picture?

I remember being the captain of the rugby team when I was little, ".... you ....ies, bring your own orange slices!"

Last edited by CrushingAnvil; 09-04-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 09-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
So you wouldn't care if a Les Paul standard you owned had chrome grovers instead of plastic Klusons? I'd rather have the klusons \m/ haha
Well, I replaced them on my Epi once, because one of the plastic knobs had cracked and broken in two... I went for the plastic ones again.
But the 7-string came with chrome Grover-style ones, and I don't really care. Goes nicely with the black look I think. I wouldn't put Klusons on there because it would require drilling new holes and such.

But the stuff Ibanez uses is just generic mini tuner stuff, they all look the same to me
Unread 09-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #9
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Yeah, I like the look of sperzels too, they just make a guitar look so much crisper.

Thanks, Will.

By the way is that the guy from lost in your picture?

I remember being the captain of the rugby team when I was little, ".... you ....ies, bring your own orange slices!"

Yeah DDDorian gave me it in the little thing a while back where he was abusing his mod powers.

Roughly, how much is the total project do you think is going to cost you?
Unread 09-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #10
plays guitar??

thinkpad20 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
[*]I'm not sold on a Reversed headstock, I like regulars just fine
nooooo! Ibby reversed headstocks are the shizzz

Bands: Solecism (progressive death) | Kisama (black metal/post-rock) | Kuroi (brutal death)
Guitars: Aria|Ibanez|Jackson|Peavey|Washburn
Rig: Guitar -> Fractal Axe-FX Ultra -> Carvin DCM150 -> Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12
Clips: soundclick|netmusicians|youtube
thinkpad20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #11
\m not jesus land m/

Quote:
Yeah DDDorian gave me it in the little thing a while back where he was abusing his mod powers.

Roughly, how much is the total project do you think is going to cost you?
1400 NZD

so thats about 8-900 USD.

I haven't bothered doing a grand total though, anyone want to do it for me?

Unread 09-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #12
Ibanez fanboi

Not bad.. I'm currently having a custom RG7 being put together too
Got everything apart from the neck, will probably order it from ET in the near future.
Well I don't have everything, but I've paid for it all and the body will be ready soon
Unread 09-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #13
\m not jesus land m/

Quote:
Not bad.. I'm currently having a custom RG7 being put together too
Got everything apart from the neck, will probably order it from ET in the near future.
Well I don't have everything, but I've paid for it all and the body will be ready soon
Excellent

Unread 09-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #14
pixel pusher

mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That looks great, but then again I do love me some bright green's.
mikernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #15
\m not jesus land m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikernaut View Post
That looks great, but then again I do love me some bright green's.
Green and Maple? Bread and Butter? Jesus and Stigmata?