homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think I figured out how to read the serial number for post 97 budge Ibz.

I was reading the jemsite guide and he said that he hasn't quite figured these out yet.

Mine is C 04072717.

I already know that the C is for the Cort factory.
I got my guitar in 2004 so the first 2 digits are still the year it was made.

I ordered my guitar in late Novemeber and recieved it early December so I'm, going to assume that the next numbers are the month it was produced. That would make my guitar produced in July. (Anyone know how long it usually is from the time a guitar leaves the factory to the time it is available for retail?) and that 2717 means that my guitar was the 2,717th guitar produced that month.

So...what do you guys know/think about this?
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-21-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
ss.org Regular

Markdezy is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Well, mine is C 00120167.

I kinda doubt that my guitar was produced in december and was only the 167th one put out in 2000.
Markdezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
The last numbers are the number produced in the factory for that month.
Unread 04-22-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
I want a 1527!!

Ibanez_fanboy can only hope to improve
indeed... my 7321 is cp05079000 ? 9000th?
Ibanez_fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 01:48 AM   #5
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
The serial number system is pretty easy. Doesn't tell you much important though. I mean, mine is F0506367, which means that mine was made in the Fujigen factory in 2005 and was the 6367th made in 2005. There's a site that explains the system (actually there are several sites that explain the system), but the last time I looked at it was about 7 months ago, so I don't remember it all super clearly. But it's not a secret system or anything. Nothing about "figuring it out"
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #6
Divinitus Infallibilis
Site Contributor

Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Other than year and facory, nothing else is really important.

Born of Fire//--\\ Consumed by it
Divinitus Infallibilis

Digital Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #7
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Lucky IBZ guys, ESP's LTD line #s supposedly tell you no real information about it :/ or so ESP says.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #8
Songs about My Cats

I just said that because the guy who runs jemsite said that he does not know for a fact what all the numbers represent.
Unread 04-24-2006, 09:42 PM   #9
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastodon
I just said that because the guy who runs jemsite said that he does not know for a fact what all the numbers represent.
Ha ha ha. He runs Jemsite and he never bothered to find out what the numbers mean. Funny...
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2006, 09:49 PM   #10
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren
Ha ha ha. He runs Jemsite and he never bothered to find out what the numbers mean. Funny...
To be honest, I'm not sure he bothers to look past "Ibanez" and "Japan" when looking at a headstock.

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote