homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
NGD (ibanez S model content)

well heres my newest addition to the family.

1999 ibanez s7420 ( no idea what color they call this)
frshly lemon oiled the fretboard and added elixir 9-52

and the wall of sevens
from left
1999 S7420 flame maple
1999 RG7620 black
1999 rg7421 cherry fudge
1999 S7420 (the NGD)
1999 RG7621 black

missing from the pic is the 2008 RG7321 ( i let my brother in law borrow this one so i have someone to play 7s with)

jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

jsousa is a glorious beacon of lightjsousa is a glorious beacon of lightjsousa is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
do u or anyone know if you can buy the lo-pro edge 7 from ibanez directly?

baller.
jsousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
you can get them from rich at ibanez rules!
IBANEZ RULES parts
Unread 05-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
Loves his Q-tuners

Cheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to behold
SSSiiiick

Thats the same color as my six (I call it sparkly grey)

quite a lovely collection.
Cheesebuiscut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
Banned

leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Its called Black Pearl (BP). I used to have one. To me it should have been called Green/Grey Pearl but its called Black Pearl.
leonardo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
NAM SAND!!

BurialWithin is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
black pearl and that's an awesome collection dude totally

ol murphin'
BurialWithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

widdlywhaa is a jewel in the rough
Gratz man I love my S7420FM, I would love to see well made oiled mahogany finish S7.
widdlywhaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jymellis View Post

I'm noticing a theme here....
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #10
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
God I hate this site soemtimes...really makes me jealous

Nice collection man.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #11
This is bat country

Raoul Duke is just really niceRaoul Duke is just really nice
Only the other week i was complimenting you on your nice collection of guitars, now you go and add another one to make the collection even more awesome

Never seen that colour before but i kinda like it

I don't think it's nice, you laughing. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. Gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...
Raoul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Eats emo's for lunch

chips400 is on a distinguished road
Man this makes me want an s7 even more!
BTW I think someone likes mushroomhead?

"YOU GUYS ARE THE BALL LICKERS....." - Jay and Seilent bob strike back
chips400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 01:23 AM   #13
ss.org Regular

NewEyesOpen is a jewel in the rough
I want.....your entire collection.

Congrats on the new guitar and achieving the ultimate jealousy from every one of us in this thread!
NewEyesOpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:17 AM   #14
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Congrats dude, sweet collection too
I only have 2 7's.. 7321 and 7421, hopefully another on the way
Wi77iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:19 AM   #15
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^ you're back! what the hell happened to you?

damn Jim this is NGM for you aint it?

congrats man

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:31 AM   #16
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Very nice bro, I'm really digging this
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:36 AM   #17
Appreciates Kwolity

ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey, Jym. I've been meaning to ask you and the fellow forumites about what is the difference between the neck on the S7420 and the necks on the RG762*/RG742*s?

"I'm back, babeh!" ಠ_ಠ
ZeroSignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #18
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Great collection you have there!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #19
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
^ you're back! what the hell happened to you?

damn Jim this is NGM for you aint it?

congrats man
been studying for exam week, (this week)
.... i should still be studying right now, 2 more to go.
Wi77iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 07:14 AM   #20
Talk To DeWalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
Hey, Jym. I've been meaning to ask you and the fellow forumites about what is the difference between the neck on the S7420 and the necks on the RG762*/RG742*s?

the rg7620,7621,7421 all have a much rounder feel to the neck. rg = 24 frets. S = 22 frets. the neck on the S almost feels flat on the back. at first i didnt like it (when i got ,my flame maple top) but after about 15 minutes of playing i really like it. thats one of the main reasons i got a second S. the scale length on both is 25.5 but the S seems like a much smaller guitar. not small in a bad way, but small in a more compact (there where its supposed to be) way. it doesnt seem like you have to reach out for the first fret, its like its just rite there. dont know if that makes much sense. i try and explain it like this. when playing a RG 7 you feel like your weilding a double bladed ax into battle. you feel very "large and in charge". with the S its more of a "sneaky" feeling. like you have a nice compact weapon capable of alot of damage without having to reach out and use it.
Unread 05-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #21
Appreciates Kwolity

ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.
Quote:
the rg7620,7621,7421 all have a much rounder feel to the neck. rg = 24 frets. S = 22 frets. the neck on the S almost feels flat on the back. at first i didnt like it (when i got ,my flame maple top) but after about 15 minutes of playing i really like it. thats one of the main reasons i got a second S. the scale length on both is 25.5 but the S seems like a much smaller guitar. not small in a bad way, but small in a more compact (there where its supposed to be) way. it doesnt seem like you have to reach out for the first fret, its like its just rite there. dont know if that makes much sense. i try and explain it like this. when playing a RG 7 you feel like your weilding a double bladed ax into battle. you feel very "large and in charge". with the S its more of a "sneaky" feeling. like you have a nice compact weapon capable of alot of damage without having to reach out and use it.
Oh, I know. I already have an S7320 but I was just wondering what the neck was like on the S7420s. I've had a RG7621 before and the neck was easily the thinnest one I've played.

"I'm back, babeh!" ಠ_ಠ
Unread 05-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #22
Talk To DeWalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
Oh, I know. I already have an S7320 but I was just wondering what the neck was like on the S7420s. I've had a RG7621 before and the neck was easily the thinnest one I've played.
its close man! i just felt them both before replying and i cant really tell which one is thinner just by simple feel. i played a white s7320 at my local guitar center and it had a different feel than my s7420. not sure what it was that was different since i didnt have mine with me.i looked on the iby site and it says the necks on the S7320,RG7321,RG1527 are all the same dimensions
Unread 05-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #23
Appreciates Kwolity

Quote:
its close man! i just felt them both before replying and i cant really tell which one is thinner just by simple feel. i played a white s7320 at my local guitar center and it had a different feel than my s7420. not sure what it was that was different since i didnt have mine with me.i looked on the iby site and it says the necks on the S7320,RG7321,RG1527 are all the same dimensions
Thanks man. I'd rep you but I have to spread it around first... :/

Yeah, they all say that but then all the neck shapes are different and they are slightly thicker and thinner than each other. I wish they were a little more accurate about these kind of things...

"I'm back, babeh!" ಠ_ಠ
Unread 05-29-2009, 11:32 PM   #24
Talk To DeWalt

thanks.
Unread 05-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #25
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
.....soooo.......you planning on selling it yet?
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote