homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2006, 04:59 AM   #1
gang* 4 lyfe

Mark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Jackson COW

So as some of you know, the ............ who sold me the M307 ....ed me over.

So I'm pretty dead set on the ol' Cow, much for the fact I can get a new EMG put in for the same price as buying the 1527.

Now I don't want to buy off eBay anymore, so that's out and I was wondering does anyone recommend any other 7's around that price range.

Thanks
Mark. A is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-18-2006, 05:06 AM   #2
I want a 1527!!

Ibanez_fanboy can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
didnt you have a 1527 mark?
Ibanez_fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 05:07 AM   #3
gang* 4 lyfe

Mark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to all
Nah mate, that's Mawdyson
Unread 04-18-2006, 05:08 AM   #4
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Get a COW Mark, they're sweet!
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 05:12 AM   #5
XEN
(formerly urklvt)

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Don't have a COW man! Sorry, couldn't resist.
You should consider the ESP 607 or 607B, or the Schecter C7 Hellraiser for more tone options. Same EMGs, same finishes, just more tone options with the additional pickup dude.
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 05:14 AM   #6
gang* 4 lyfe

Shit man, forgot totally about the ESP 607. How does it sound soloing in middle pup?

Schecter's are nice, I might check some out.
Unread 04-18-2006, 05:32 AM   #7
look at each other..

Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so ur just gonna let that mofo who ....ed you over get away with it? i thought ebay had some protection thingy over that?
Unknown Doodl3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 05:36 AM   #8
gang* 4 lyfe

I got my money back, I emailed the top bidder and told him to pull out. It's none of my business anymore, cretins like that won't learn from me and I can only hope that guy that I emailed took my advice.
Unread 04-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #9
ss.org Regular

bibz is a jewel in the rough
COW's have lovely necks and beautiful fretwork. The ebony fretboards are great too. Lack of a neck pickup doenst mean much if its going to be the same as the bridge, the 707 wont be a soulful tone machine in the neck. The bolt-on thing is the only other consideration.
I'm a total jackson nut, but just picked up a hellraiser c7. I hate emg's usually, but the 707 kills. With my jackson slsmg being all mahogany (like the cow7 and hellraiser) I tried both the duncan distorion and jb in it. The distortion sucked, but the jb was amazing. Distortion uses a ceramic magnet, JB alnico. As it turns out EMG81 is ceramic but the 707 alnico. Anyways, both will be fantastic guitars, with my vote leaning into Jackson territory. Well it was until the C7 hellraiser got the black cherry finish
bibz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #10
this godles endeavor

omentremor is a jewel in the rough
I heard a lot of back shit about the Christian. You can get a new Viper 407 off guitar world (www.guitar.com.au) for $1550. I got my 1527 off there and they're pretty cool. I haven't played the viper but it sounds good in theory. They also supply Schecter.
omentremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 09:46 AM   #11
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If you're a Jackson guy, the COW will line up with what you're used to - and the frets will be better than an LTD I've ever seen. If you don't want to go for the COW - it's expensive, I know - you might want to check out the Schecters. They're the best bang-for-the-buck in 7s out there right now, IMO.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #12
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
If you do want a COW, head over to the Jackson/Charvel forum, join the community, start posting, and check out the affiliated vendors. They give discounts to forum members.

Like everyone is saying, the fretwork is awesome.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com

Last edited by noodles; 04-18-2006 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 12:00 PM   #13
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Most people just bitch about the bolt-on joint, it's fine, just Ibanez nuts who go crazy because they have hands like a 5 year old.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 12:21 PM   #14
ss.orggy biscuit

Oogadee Boogadee is a name known to allOogadee Boogadee is a name known to allOogadee Boogadee is a name known to allOogadee Boogadee is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Most people just bitch about the bolt-on joint, it's fine, just Ibanez nuts who go crazy because they have hands like a 5 year old.

W.W.L.D.?
division-usa.com
myspace.com/divisionusa
myspace.com/seventhsonmd
myspace.com/oogadeeboogadee

See Division open for Evergrey - May 27th @ Jaxx (Springfield VA)! Support us by purchasing tix through us. E-mail me!
goetzja@yahoo.com
Oogadee Boogadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 12:28 PM   #15
The Fusion Guy!

jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The neck joint is definitely noticeable on the COW, but I wouldn't say it's that bad. Better upper-fret access than you'll find on most of the Schecter sevens. If the COW had an unpainted maple neck and something other than an EMG pickup, I'd probably own one myself, since (as you may have noticed from my screen name) I'm a Jackson fan.
jacksonplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 01:43 PM   #16
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
The COW has an ebony board, which alone makes it far cooler than the Schecter/LTD IMO. Plus the price is about the same, and it's made in Japan. I also know it plays awesome.
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 02:53 PM   #17
blah!

nyck is just really nicenyck is just really nice
I was gasing for one a few weeks ago. Pretty sweet. I'm still gasing for a single EMG guitar.
nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #18
Cancer:The Crucifuct

Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark. A
I got my money back, I emailed the top bidder and told him to pull out. It's none of my business anymore, cretins like that won't learn from me and I can only hope that guy that I emailed took my advice.
Ok , so I'm clear... You DID get your money back? Right?

I felt so bad for you dude....

T.
Cancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #19
gang* 4 lyfe

Quote:
The COW has an ebony board, which alone makes it far cooler than the Schecter/LTD IMO. Plus the price is about the same, and it's made in Japan. I also know it plays awesome.
Hell yes, that fretboard is orgasmic.

Quote:
If you're a Jackson guy, the COW will line up with what you're used to - and the frets will be better than an LTD I've ever seen. If you don't want to go for the COW - it's expensive, I know - you might want to check out the Schecters. They're the best bang-for-the-buck in 7s out there right now, IMO.
Yeah, after playing Ibanez I finally went away to Jackson and I prefer it a lot more.

Quote:

Quote:
I'm a total jackson nut, but just picked up a hellraiser c7. I hate emg's usually, but the 707 kills. With my jackson slsmg being all mahogany (like the cow7 and hellraiser) I tried both the duncan distorion and jb in it. The distortion sucked, but the jb was amazing. Distortion uses a ceramic magnet, JB alnico. As it turns out EMG81 is ceramic but the 707 alnico. Anyways, both will be fantastic guitars, with my vote leaning into Jackson territory. Well it was until the C7 hellraiser got the black cherry finish
Argh, extended scale
Unread 04-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #20
ss.org Regular

skyclad is a jewel in the rough
Is there a Floyd Rose available as an option on COW?

Vibrant and real I lie, mantled by the open sky,
The wind and waves my lullaby- I am the land.

M.Walkyier, www.skyclad.co.uk
skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #21
gang* 4 lyfe

Nope, I'll be taking the "floyd stopper" out of my 6 when my new neck arrives. One floyd is enough for me
Unread 04-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #22
Brandeis Sophomore

maskofduality is on a distinguished road
Quote:
it's not my fault that i'm 5 fcking 4!!! the hands come with the height
[action=maskofduality]goes off and cries[/action]

j/k. the grx720 has a big ass neckjoint. nothing, not even the COW-7 has any mass on that joint lol. (jst so ya know even the grx720's joint doesn't stop me from enjoying a lick here and there lol)
maskofduality is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 06:17 PM   #23
ss.org Regular

that guy is headed in the right direction.
cow apparently kicks ass ,there have been a few people who said stuff about its construction but go for it dude

smokey the bear is way more intense in person
that guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 10:39 PM   #24
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
I was at a store that had one when I was back home for spring break, damn I should have played it...oh well :/ and that guy, you have the longest myspace thing ever.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #25
ss.org Regular

that guy is headed in the right direction.
Quote:
I was at a store that had one when I was back home for spring break, damn I should have played it...oh well :/ and that guy, you have the longest myspace thing ever.

why thank you ,unless you didnt click it ,then you can get intamite with a donkey

smokey the bear is way more intense in person
that guy is offline   Reply With Quote