homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-11-2006, 02:55 AM   #1
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
The 2027 Showed Up, I'm Shocked

First of all, I had no idea how gorgeous the Ibanez 2027 would be. Pictures just simply don't come close to conveying the class and 3d beauty of this thing.

Secondly, everything I've heard about DiMarzio Evolution pickups has gone right out the window. This thing sounds AMAZING. Maybe it's because this is a mahogany guitar, but the Evo7 in the bridge sounds incredible...for rhythm or lead! Superb articulation, very hot but still very toneful with loads of dynamics. I love this thing. The Blaze in the neck of course is superb too. I haven't tried the piezos yet but I'm sure it's nice.

It's surprisingly heavy. It weighs more than my Schecter C7 Blackjack. Still very comfortable though.

I could not be happier with this guitar. It's cheered me up, making me forget the fact I just had $900 robbed from me :P

(pictures soon, I'm off to bed).
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-11-2006, 03:15 AM   #2
blarg

ajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
The mandatory:

You know it was coming.

Member of the RHLC!
ajdehoogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 03:20 AM   #3
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You'll have to compare it with the K7 - pickups especially.
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 04:05 AM   #4
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You know, actually, my basswood RG1077 is heavier than my mahogany blackjack, interestingly enough. then again there is a lot of variance in mahogany.

Soudns cool though. Be sure to put a fat B string on the thing ;p ;p
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #5
b3n
...Is unacceptable.

b3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to behold
Cool that's the same pup combo in my mahogany/maple custom (which I don't have yet) good to hear a glowing review like that

Congrats on the 2027. They're nice.
b3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #6
Mr. Melody

TheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud of
Welcome to the club

www.myspace.com/scottkroekermusic
TheReal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #7
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The Evo7 KILLS in mahogany - glad to have another convert. it cleans up nicely, too.

Wait till you see that grain in direct, bright sunlight - it just catches fire.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #8
Double Edge FTW

Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you're playing through a regular guitar amp (i.e. head->4x12) when you try out the piezos, you're not going to get a real good appreciation for it. Trust me on this one. You'll need to somehow get it hooked into something with a tweeter for a full-range sound. I went and bought a Roland KC-60 keyboard amp when I got my 2127X, and recently traded that in for a Crate acoustic amp (cuz it has sweet FX to add, like chorus and reverb and shiznit).

Take it to a store and plug into an acoustic amp. You'll be amazed. I was playing mine at a GC thru a Trace Elliot 4x5" amp, and people kept opening the door to come in and see what I was playing, cuz everyone thought it was an acoustic that sounded that damn good. (and they were surprised to hear a low B on an acoustic as well!)

And here's another hint too... as good as my 2127X sounds thru the acoustic amp... try recording it on your computer just plugged directly in, with nothing else. Sounds best that way IMO.
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #9
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Yeah anyone worried about an Evo in mahogany needs to remain calm, it's amazing. At least, with the Triaxis into a 2:90 it is. Maybe in a Marshall or something it would be too bright.

As for the piezos, I'm a veteran of Parker guitars so I know the deal. Personally I think the peizos on those sound better upon a first test through the clean channel of my amp. I will try it through a PA or direct or something at some point though to give it a further workout.

As for the "this thread is worthless without pics" thing, I thought I put a disclaimer bitch! Anyways I'm going to take some now.
Unread 04-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #10
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Sweet shit! Now post some damn pics!!! lol As for weird guitar weights, my "ash" H-207 is like 9 pounds, how's that for freaking ridiculous, lol.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 12:30 PM   #11
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Not to derail the thread, but what is the difference between a 2027 and a 2127?

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #12
Double Edge FTW

Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian
Not to derail the thread, but what is the difference between a 2027 and a 2127?
Finish and Market:

RG2027X-VV: Vintage Violin / U.S. Market

RG2127X-TKF: Transparent Black Flat / Japan Market
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #13
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor
Finish and Market:

RG2027X-VV: Vintage Violin / U.S. Market
http://home.online.no/~tomharle/artimages/2027X.jpg

RG2127X-TKF: Transparent Black Flat / Japan Market
http://www.sevenstring.org/uploader/...18/rg2127x.gif
Heh. I love it. Thanks.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #14
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Pictures really never do it justice, and I'm glad you like the evo7, for me it was just too clean in mine, and never had enough guts, but then again, i readily admit that I am not a particular fan of evo's anyway, so that's probably why!

Are you going to keep those ugly ass pickups in it?

And on another note, how lijkely is it for you to keep it/ Mine has remained a keeper as I love the sound and flexibility of it.

Is it bye bye K7?

And as a last question: on a scale of 1-10, how bad has this place been for fueling your gear aqcuisition?

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #15
Nick // Axe Palace

I don't know James, the Evo7 in my 2027 has loads of guts. But I'll say again, I've only tried it through the Triaxis. I'm happy though.

1) Yes I'm going to keep the pickups. It doesn't look nearly as bad in person. It's a bit goofy but it has character, and I really love the tone so I don't feel the need to change. I can always put bobbin toppers on there.

2) The K7 is still one of my most treasured items. I have no plans of selling it. I'm still loving it, as well as my S7420FM and UV777BK. If anything would be sold it would probably be the UV just because of it's worth. But I don't plan on selling any of them right now. I just sold my Schecter C7 Blackjack to my bandmate, to whom it fits far better than I.

3) Yeah SS.org certainly hasn't helped, but it's given me great information on things, so it's all good. I'd give it a 9.
Unread 04-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #16
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Sounds good now where are the pics at??
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #17
I want a 1527!!

Ibanez_fanboy can only hope to improve
PICCCCCSSSSSSSs
Ibanez_fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #18
blarg

ajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth
As for the "this thread is worthless without pics" thing, I thought I put a disclaimer bitch! Anyways I'm going to take some now.
Ya did. I couldn't resist using that. Just messing with ya, gear whore!

j/k

Member of the RHLC!
ajdehoogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #19
McLeod!

Mark 7 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Congrats! I love the sound I get with the piezos & sure you will too.
Mark 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #20
Sarcy English Twat

7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Man, all power to you Those 2027's are just great, they really are! And besides all that, you now have an excuse to go off and buy more rack gear for the piezo's....

But good score man

And all this new gear everyone is buying is really making me want to go and splooge some cash i don't have! hahahahaha!

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 04-11-2006, 08:53 PM   #21
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Nice, another 2027 score, congrats, man!

You have an impressive collection of Ibanez 7s as it is and now this.

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #22
Sarcy English Twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
You have an impressive collection of Ibanez 7s as it is and now this.
He's a bastard isn't he?

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 04-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #23
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
im starting to get jealous.

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #24
Sarcy English Twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
im starting to get jealous.
I know what you mean! I've actually not had gear envy for a while, and this is setting off stirrings inside me! I definately think that we have a new gear-whore-king!

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 04-12-2006, 03:14 AM   #25
Stay negative!

Korbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to all
great guitar! i want it! or a K7 or an RG1527...lol but my 7620 is doing fine at the moment put some pics up! and recordings biaatch!!

http://soundcloud.com/korbaink7 New song on the way, added a new one a few weeks ago
Korbain is offline   Reply With Quote