homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-12-2006, 04:44 AM   #26
gang* 4 lyfe

Mark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
PICS NOW!!
Mark. A is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-12-2006, 11:26 AM   #27
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
You have an impressive collection of Ibanez 7s as it is and now this.
His new name should be Zimblanez.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 11:29 AM   #28
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #29
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles

Hah, yeah I love em what can I say. I used to be into all the 'metal shapes' and had all kinds of different guitars, I just find the RG/UV shape to be the best balance of looking cool while also being balanced and comfortable. Plus there's nothing like those necks (except Parkers). After years and years and dozens upon dozens of guitars, I'm finally content. Well, at least until the next deal shows up :P

BEHOLD (those things at the edge arent dings, just light from the camera):

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #30
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wow those pups really do look like shit in there, sweet axe though \m/

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #31
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Really dont mind the pickups at all.
Unread 04-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #32
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
That looks nice. The pickups aren't as bad in your pics as they were in the auction.
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #33
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome guitar, dude. (Those pickups suck, BTW, lol. Sorry.)

Check out the 2027 with a dyed fretboard! (I shoulda turned my LEDs on, too.)

The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #34
Nick // Axe Palace

ya the dyed fretboard thing is defintely what i want to do. id be afraid to do it myself tho, is it easy?
Unread 04-12-2006, 03:46 PM   #35
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth
ya the dyed fretboard thing is defintely what i want to do. id be afraid to do it myself tho, is it easy?
Very easy. Didn't I mention how to you in a previous thread? Hmm, here's some stuff...

Yeah! Here it is, ya forgetful bastard!

Since everyone else is doing it, here's my newest arrivals... (pics)

More stuff...

Schecter C7 Hellraiser (Black Cherry) [56k - No Chance]

A nice tutorial...

Fingerboard dye on UV777BK?

It's easy as heck, Nick. I took me all of 20 minutes or something to do. I let it dry for a few hours then used some of my nifty Eric's Uber-Magical Fretboard Oil.
Unread 04-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #36
Nick // Axe Palace

Thanks Roberto
Unread 04-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #37
Canis lupis obscurus

Quote:
Thanks Roberto
No problemo, Senor.
Unread 04-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #38
Nick // Axe Palace

lol i didnt know that emoticon existed, well done.
Unread 04-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #39
Famous Beaver Hunter

Allen Garrow is a splendid one to beholdAllen Garrow is a splendid one to beholdAllen Garrow is a splendid one to beholdAllen Garrow is a splendid one to beholdAllen Garrow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian
Heh. I love it. Thanks.
both of them fuk'rs give me wood

~A
Allen Garrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #40
Nik
Arrogant asshole

Nik will become famous soon enough
Awesome guitars

So now are you going to mail me your guitar or do you hate baby seals?

----------------------
Visit my band, 'Emulsifier.' Unless you suck. You don't suck... do you?
http://www.myspace.com/demx
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #41
Nick // Axe Palace

It's odd having 5 high-end 7's at the same time. I find guitars of the caliber of a UV777BK getting neglected, I feel guilty. I really don't know why I need all these to be honest. If I had any other gear I wanted I might sell one of them, but right now I'm fairly content with my setup.
Unread 04-13-2006, 12:03 AM   #42
Canis lupis obscurus

Quote:
It's odd having 5 high-end 7's at the same time. I find guitars of the caliber of a UV777BK getting neglected, I feel guilty. I really don't know why I need all these to be honest. If I had any other gear I wanted I might sell one of them, but right now I'm fairly content with my setup.
Dude, resist the evil. Resist...

Those are all awesome guitars, and really, part of a family (The high-end Ibanez 7 family). They go together like peas n' carrots. They're a collection!

Keep 'em, dude. If I had all those guitars, I would be ecstatic. No need for guilt.
Unread 04-13-2006, 12:11 AM   #43
more gain please

usagi is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That axe looks SWEET!!! I love that cream and red pickup scheme.
usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2006, 01:44 AM   #44
SS Contributor

Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Very, very nice guitar. Congratulations! Play it down to the nub.
Ancestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2006, 03:57 AM   #45
ss.org Regular

dysfctn is on a distinguished road
I don't hate those pups, but they're definately 'different'.

Very good condition though! I wanna get a 2027 next!
dysfctn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 08:57 PM   #46
Nick // Axe Palace

Roberto: When you dyed your 2027, did you also dye the side of the neck, where the side dots are? Those seem like theyre just painted on, not inlayed.
Unread 04-15-2006, 12:17 AM   #47
Divinitus Infallibilis
Site Contributor

Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Truly awesome. Lucky dog..

Born of Fire//--\\ Consumed by it
Divinitus Infallibilis

Digital Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:08 AM   #48
Canis lupis obscurus

Quote:
Roberto: When you dyed your 2027, did you also dye the side of the neck, where the side dots are? Those seem like theyre just painted on, not inlayed.
Please, feel free to call me Bob, Nick. Roberto is just me being stupid (as usual )

The side dots are definitely inlayed in. I did in fact dye the side, so that the fretboard would appear uniform. After I was finished, I just took some fine steel wool and carefully buffed out the little bit of dye that remained on the dots. The amount is marginal, only a tiny surface amount that only barely discolored the dots. They buffed out with almost no effort. Toshiro said he used a pencil eraser on his dye job, and that probably would work even better (greater control that with steel wool, which is hard to get to match the size of the tiny side dots).
Unread 04-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #49
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf
Please, feel free to call me Bob, Nick. Roberto is just me being stupid (as usual )

The side dots are definitely inlayed in. I did in fact dye the side, so that the fretboard would appear uniform. After I was finished, I just took some fine steel wool and carefully buffed out the little bit of dye that remained on the dots. The amount is marginal, only a tiny surface amount that only barely discolored the dots. They buffed out with almost no effort. Toshiro said he used a pencil eraser on his dye job, and that probably would work even better (greater control that with steel wool, which is hard to get to match the size of the tiny side dots).
Okay Bob, thanks a lot. Good info there. I think I'll be doing this very shortly to my 2027 and S7420FM as well (the K7 and UV777 boards are already very dark).
Unread 04-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #50
Canis lupis obscurus

My pleasure, Senor Nick.