homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

SoulIncision is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
NED (New Everything Day)

So I recently sold off some equipment (guitar, amp, fx etc.) so I could consolidate my random mess of equipment into one rackmount beast. I think I succeeded; and then some:

This replaced an Engl SE EL34 head. My original intention was to run a Pod distortion and Engl at the same time, but I'd have to be insane to want to change the sound I'm getting with it now. So I just use the Pod in the FX loop as an extremely powerful FX Processor . As you can see, I need some more stuff to fill it out, but my gear fund ran out

...No it didn't...

What would a thread be without some new 7-string action:

This guitar replaced my Loomis HT and I already like it better. It sits better in my hands and I absolutely love the Edge Tremolo. I dropped in some DiMarzio pickups and changed the volume/tone knobs and BAM! I was surprised at how dark the finish on this guitar is. In pictures it looks very light and...ugh...but in person: it's a nice, dark, royal blue.
SoulIncision is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
The DeRailer

silentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
:bowd own:
silentrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow. Nice score, dude. I'm eager to swap my Schecter for a smaller scale 7 of some sort as well

My signal path: Gibson LP Studio > TS-9 > Lifesound Horizon (Dual Recto + Fender Bassman clone) > POD X3 Live (loop, fx only) > Lifesound custom 2x12" loaded with Eminence Legends

I started smoking when I was 13 or 14, I smoke a pack a day now an I wish I could go back in time an kick my own ass. - matt397

After I had surgery and was still drugged I said "Now that you've been inside of me I suppose you won't be calling me back either." - IDLE
Sang-Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Burrito Master

mlp187 is just really nicemlp187 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow! So many pretty lights...
mlp187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang-Drax View Post
Wow. Nice score, dude. I'm eager to swap my Schecter for a smaller scale 7 of some sort as well
It's worth it
Unread 03-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

Stroked is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is that the D sonic in the bridge? If so I have been wanting to drop that into my 1527 as well.....
PLEASE let me know what you think about it
Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
what else were you running with the SE and the Loomis?

it seems to me that you have more gear now then you did before, with what info we have .

I imagine you can pull ANY sound out of that, just about.

Rock on!
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
This is bat country

Raoul Duke is just really niceRaoul Duke is just really nice
Did the pod pro come with those 2 red input strips? It looks like a mod, then again i have no idea what they're meant to look like ha ha

I don't think it's nice, you laughing. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. Gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...
Raoul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #9
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Holy shit, that has alot of blinky lights. :o
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #10
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked View Post
Is that the D sonic in the bridge? If so I have been wanting to drop that into my 1527 as well.....
PLEASE let me know what you think about it
I second that motion as I am getting one for my 7321.

Lethal Force Fitness: For metal dudes who want to get big!
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
DJUN DJUNDJUNDJUN
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Helluva rig, my friend. My guitar player is consider that EXACT same rig, sans the X3 (his XT instead).

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #12

sevenstringj is a glorious beacon of lightsevenstringj is a glorious beacon of lightsevenstringj is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
What's that 1U VHT thing on the bottom? Does it extend back and support the VHT amp?
sevenstringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #13
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenstringj View Post
What's that 1U VHT thing on the bottom? Does it extend back and support the VHT amp?
It's just a sticker on a blank panel.

BTW to original poster: I cant recommend the VHT Valvulator tube line driver enough for this rack. Do some research on what those do or hit me up, it is perfect for racks like this. They're an inexpensive little device that has a 12AX7 and really works wonders.

Sweet rig

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #14
Banned

ugmung has a spectacular aura about

nice rig! i'm so jealous...
ugmung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #15
Banned

WhiteShadow has a spectacular aura about
I like them control knobs, where did you get them?
WhiteShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #16
I Am the Table

renzoip is a glorious beacon of lightrenzoip is a glorious beacon of lightrenzoip is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome rig!! Can't wait to try out an SE preamp!!

DARK LEGACY - Progressive Power Metal from South FL!
renzoip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #17
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
That is a rig and a half, dude.
The POD X3 Pro looks amazing man!
Congrats on the guitar and the rig!
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 01:14 AM   #18
Dr.Poopyalligator

poopyalligator is a name known to allpoopyalligator is a name known to allpoopyalligator is a name known to allpoopyalligator is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Man what a great rig. Probably set you back a few pennies.
poopyalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 02:16 AM   #19
stay tuned

damigu is just really nicedamigu is just really nice
nice rack! i want to tweak your knobs.

how are you liking the d-sonic 7 pickup?
damigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 04:29 AM   #20
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
holy shit, that rig is AMAZING!!
and Ibanez is the way to go
Wi77iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 05:34 AM   #21
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
just WOW

looks ....ing great
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 05:58 AM   #22
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
can It fly?

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
CrushingAnvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #23
NAM SAND!!

BurialWithin is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
what cab are you running this monster through?
Congrats by the way that looks like everything i've ever wanted
BurialWithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #24
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
thats a whole bunch of shit i have NO clue about! congrats
jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #25
ss.org Regular

Thanks for the positive responses guys.

-The panel on the bottom is a blank panel with a sticker on it; so 10 points zimbloth.

-I am running this beast into a Genz Benz 2x12. I'm thinking of getting another, but it's not necessary at the moment as I am not running any stereo effects...yet.

-The two red stripes on the pod x3 are stock.

-The knobs are made by Q-Parts. I purchased them from Morrison Brothers Music. Guitars, Pro Audio, Recording but I'm sure there are several other outlets for them.

-Before, I was running an SE head, into an effects rack. I was never really thrilled with sitting a 60+ lb. amp head on top of a rack. And I didn't want to throw down big bucks for a custom made case. And now, setting it up for live use is really a breeze: Guitar cable, midi cable, speaker cable...DONE.

-The D-Sonic is absolutely my favorite pickup. I don't know what is in it, but it has this dual personality thing going on with it. What I mean is that the rhythms sound tight, articulate, and defined but with no extraneous noise. And soloing brings out the other side, where the high strings sing and have rich overtones. I've been using these in my guitars for about a year now, can't recommend them enough!

I'd love to record some clips for you guys, but at the moment I do not have any cab mics that faithfully translate the sound this thing is putting out. But the tone is comparable to an Iced Earth-like rhythm tone (percussive to a ridiculous extent ) and a lead tone that is very open and warm sounding.