homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-06-2009, 04:55 AM   #26
APEX

Esp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There is absolutely no competition here, the Kramer 7 (espescially in that gorgeous yellow!) is far superior to any Schecter guitar.
Esp Griffyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #27
ss.org Regular

Destro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
so to the OP, youre getting alot of input here about the two guitars.
(+ interesting info)
And it's very much appreciated.

Quote:
Not much to add, but I hope some ss.org person gets a Kramer soon so we can hear more about it.
Check this thread: Gary Kramer Delta Wing - Turbulence 7 string

And the LFR/OFR neck and "generic ceramic pickup" could be replaced if necessary.

On a side note: Where's the thanks/rep button in this forum?
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #28
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I have one of the Turbulences from when they were called F-1. Mine's a USA shop model, whereas those sub 1000 models are Korean, but I will say that my F-1 is exceptionally well built and just awesome. Probably the best guitar I own. I actually called them and talked with Leo Scalia at the USA shop and he said not to be concerned about the Korean builds, and they're really high quality. Nevertheless you could call Gary or Leo and ask them. If they're anywhere near the quality of the USA builds there's no question it'll kick the Schecter's ass!

Incidently, mine is gloss black, 5 piece neck with Rosewood FB, tune-o-magic bridge. It's the "pre serial number" prototype from the NAMM debut. I looked into the Turbulence a few months ago because I was thinking about getting one with a Floyd, and that motivated my call to Leo. I can post pics or answer questions if that's not enough info.

Last edited by Hollowway; 03-06-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Hollowway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #29
Stupid, apparently

The Echthros is a jewel in the rough
^^^^please do!
The Echthros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 03:09 AM   #30
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
OK. I'll do a NSNGD (Not So New Guitar Day) as a separate thread. I'll take the photos and post them tomorrow. I'm sure to get an eye-roll from the wife when she sees me taking pictures of it to post. She already thinks I'm in need of a GAS intervention!
Unread 03-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #31
ss.org Regular

Destro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nevertheless you could call Gary or Leo and ask them.
I think i will save the international transoceanic phone call and stick to this:
Quote:
I actually called them and talked with Leo Scalia at the USA shop and he said not to be concerned about the Korean builds, and they're really high quality.
Quote:
I can post pics or answer questions if that's not enough info.
Did you have any problems playing over the higher part of the fretboard?

Apart from that, it should be more than enough info, but please, post the pics anyway.
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #32
ss.org Regular

Piledriver is a jewel in the rough
man you should really email Leo...

I emailed him about a question regarding another model body wood,and he sent me a quick replay telling me the correct body wood and a picture to prove it,really good service.
Piledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #33
Extended Ranger

OK, check it out, djents:
Not so NGD: Gary Kramer F-1 (aka USA Turbulence)
Unread 07-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #34
ss.org Regular

jori1995 is on a distinguished road
damn that kramer is ugly! sorry, just my opinion. but you seem to like the looks on both of them, so that shouldn't be a problem. only thing is: I think the schecter is more of a 'normal' guitar, more suitable for 'normal' music. and I expect you'll get bored of those extra frets on the kramer soon enough. and also of the looks. I've bought my ibanez (rg 320 pg p1) for it's looks, but the looks don't matter when you're playing. and that nasty knife-looking thing on the kramer looks really annoying to play with. so I'd go for the schecter
jori1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #35
Extended Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jori1995 View Post
damn that kramer is ugly! sorry, just my opinion. but you seem to like the looks on both of them, so that shouldn't be a problem. only thing is: I think the schecter is more of a 'normal' guitar, more suitable for 'normal' music. and I expect you'll get bored of those extra frets on the kramer soon enough. and also of the looks. I've bought my ibanez (rg 320 pg p1) for it's looks, but the looks don't matter when you're playing. and that nasty knife-looking thing on the kramer looks really annoying to play with. so I'd go for the schecter
My guess is that since this thread is over 2 years old he already bought the guitar.
I know you're new, but:
Pro tip: check the thread date before you reply.