homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Rise and Fall

dsm3sx will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ibanez replacement bodies / builders

Any good suggestions?

I know of Chris Woods and Jaden Rose, but looking around I couldn't see any "S" type bodies. And i have read of horror stories about Chris's super long wait times.

I have an RG7421XL neck I would like to have an "S" or an "RGA" body made for it ..... some thing nicer than basswood...(or at least some more character)
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Elysian here is doing RGA bodies. Don't know about an S body though, I'm sure he could be persuaded if he has the measurements or a template there or something. PM him here.
Unread 01-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

Erick Kroenen is a jewel in the rough
Elysian check this
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/dea...dy-builds.html
Unread 01-19-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Banned

sworth9411 is just really nicesworth9411 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
+1 for elysian....
Unread 01-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
AssMaster General

PeteLaramee is just really nicePeteLaramee is just really nice
+2 for Elysian

Pete

Unread 01-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
Linguist

caughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud of
+3 for Elysian

OFF TOPIC - I am currently in talks with Elysian for my first ever custom 7 string superstrat (based on the one in his avatar).

Find me under the same username on www.metalguitarist.org
Unread 01-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
Banned

Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
i don't currently have an S body template, though i'm sure i could get one if need be(actually i know a guy locally with an S7420, i could use his). RG/RGA's have been my thing thus far, but an S would be pretty awesome to do, especially the a 24 fret neck. feel free to shoot me a pm if you want to know more
Unread 01-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

Iceblade has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Yep, if/when I get a custom, I want an S-style body... but even thinner like the Stephan Forte Custom Lag II. Killer! I'm hoping Elysian can do that in a couple years.

For reference:

Later,
Jeff
Unread 01-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #9
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah this is Elysians specialty.
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #10
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
i don't currently have an S body template, though i'm sure i could get one if need be(actually i know a guy locally with an S7420, i could use his). RG/RGA's have been my thing thus far, but an S would be pretty awesome to do, especially the a 24 fret neck. feel free to shoot me a pm if you want to know more
I think if you did an S body that took a 24-fret RG neck, you'd probably have people beating a path to your (virtual) door.
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

Amen, Darren!
Unread 01-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
Rise and Fall

dsm3sx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
I think if you did an S body that took a 24-fret RG neck, you'd probably have people beating a path to your (virtual) door.
This was the idea... as i have an extra RG7421XL neck that I would like to have a body made for.

Elysian:
I am making a final decision on woods/Hardware and control layouts and will be contacting you shortly.
Unread 01-21-2009, 10:56 AM   #13
Banned

Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm3sx View Post
This was the idea... as i have an extra RG7421XL neck that I would like to have a body made for.

Elysian:
I am making a final decision on woods/Hardware and control layouts and will be contacting you shortly.
Awesome if you need any help deciding on that shoot me a PM, I may be able to help you figure it out, hell I'm probably a dealer for whatever you're looking for too
Unread 01-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
Banned

msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
hell I'm probably a dealer for whatever you're looking for too
Whore
Unread 01-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #15
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by msherman View Post
Whore
HAHAHA!

oh, and Mike, i just remembered, the last PM you sent me, you used the "wallbash" smiley, and since the preview text of the PM doesen´t allow smileys, the word "wallbash" put between the smiley tags popped up.

i read it too quickly and read it as "ballwash" :P

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
Unread 05-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

Any more traction here for an S-body that accepts a 24-fret neck? Did Elysian get in touch with anyone or vice versa?

Regs,
Jeff
Unread 05-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #17
Real. Groggy. Human.

lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Try contacting Sims Custom Shop, I think he goes by that name on this forum. He should be able to make an S body replacement. There were a few threads about it, but I'm not sure if anything was final yet.
Unread 05-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

Thanks, lobee. I checked out the thread about this as well over here:
S7620 Mod Group Buy (preliminary research/opinions needed!)
Unread 05-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
et guitars is the man you want!
Unread 05-08-2009, 05:51 AM   #20
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_pwn View Post
et guitars is the man you want!
Really? I don't see any mention of S-shaped bodies on their site, only RG, JEM and custom ones.
Unread 05-08-2009, 06:11 AM   #21
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
ET Guitars don't make S series shapes AFAIK unfortunately, plus they have a several month waiting time as of now IIRC too.
Unread 05-08-2009, 06:21 AM   #22
SS.org Regular

Yep, that's what I was seeing on their website. They might be good, but this thread is all about getting and S-series and they don't seem to offer that.
Unread 05-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #23
NAM SAND!!

BurialWithin is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
sim's doesn't make S bodies either i just ordered from them. I wanted to order a mahogany s series to the specs of a 540s7 but instead ordered a mahogany replacement body for my 7620!

ol murphin'
Closed Thread