homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
..... super regular

Out of this Swirled is a glorious beacon of lightOut of this Swirled is a glorious beacon of lightOut of this Swirled is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEW HOTROD 7 string paint job (a first??)

Hey shredders heres my latset swirl. Its on an original ibanez 7 string body, Ive swirled it but with a twist, I had done tests of this type of swirl over a year ago and showed a lot of my firends round here and select few on the net. This is the first of its kinda on a guitar body by me. As far as im aware its never been done b4 on a guitar like this either????? if you have seen it b4 please let me know. Anyway im going to be calling them neo swirls, I hope you like it, HAGO
Alan.

You can see more of my stuff here at my website, cheers again

outofthisswirled/index

i have to do the headstock then put it back together with a world record breaking low action and then i will be selling it. (I think?) ps this has not been clear coated yet.
Out of this Swirled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #2
Banned

sworth9411 is just really nicesworth9411 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
this looks rad......really rad
sworth9411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
Ha Ha...alliteration

awesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of lightawesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of lightawesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
That is in my top 2 favorite swirls i've seen!!! ....in killer

awesomeaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That looks really cool

I had thought of a couple of similar swirl ideas a while ago:

Black swirl over a colourful swirl (to achieve the same result you did, but with swirls of colour showing through).

Transparent swirl (not sure if this is possible, given types of paint, etc. but would look cool with swirls of colour with the wood showing through).

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
Bowes Guitars

canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I LOVE that swirl!!

I would love to see a full neckthru done in that. I've got an RG7620 body right here waiting for the go from you!
canuck brian is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That looks AMAZING! I'm not even going to ask how you did that, as i'm sure you're going to want to keep it your own proprietary process.

That's one of the most unique swirls i've ever seen.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

buffa d is a jewel in the rough
Your swirls are the only one's that I like.
buffa d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
tacos?

Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
HOLY SHIT!

Knights that say
Mr. S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
"There was never anyone else!! IT WAS ALWAYS YOU!!! "

Awesome job!

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
CrushingAnvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
Classical & Metal

bulletbass man is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
that is really beatiful. That even tops the DNAs in my book.
bulletbass man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

ledzep4eva is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
WOW
ledzep4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
now yer talkin! amazing job, sir.

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

Solstafir is just really niceSolstafir is just really nice
Holy shit!! I was never crazy about swirls, but OMFG!!! This thing is GORGEOUS! (and metal as f&(% !!!)
Amazing job, stunning
Solstafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #14
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
That's also one of my top 2. That and the blue lightning barf swirl that was posted a little while back.

Very nice.
Xaios is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #15
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Awesome job! That it the best swirl idea to date I think. Very original! Sir - You are the man!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

Bleak is just really niceBleak is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oh my dear god. That is the best finish I've ever seen in my life, BY FAR. I really want one now :[ :[
Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #17
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
That is the best one i've seen so far.
Shawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 02:43 AM   #18
ss.org Regular

thesimo is just really nicethesimo is just really nice
how did you do this? did you spray the red/yellow fade then dip it in just swirled black?

that is seriously cool..

Is it possible to do 2 dips with different colors like that and make something really crazy?
thesimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 04:34 AM   #19
..... super regular

Out of this Swirled is a glorious beacon of lightOut of this Swirled is a glorious beacon of lightOut of this Swirled is a glorious beacon of light
Cheers all, I really appreciate the cool comments. This is the first of a few new ideas that I have, Im pretty sure that no one has done them before so please remeber where you saw them first. A few of you guy have mentioned some of the things that I have tested already but not put on guitars. Also taken the idea further which i have already done on test pieces but mostly the effect is lost in a mess of colors, but some are doable and will be done. sadly the draw back is these things take way more prep time than standard swirls, this is one of the reasons I believe people havnt gone in this direction b4? Also i have a load of diffrent ideas all based roughly around this kind of finish, but with some twist combining a few diffrent styles and a few diffrent newer ingridients. keep an eye out if your looking for something new a fresh as there will be at least 5 new protypes coming soon, how soon is debatable prep work on one has taken over a week already!

cheers again you all HAGO
Al.
outofthisswirled/index
Out of this Swirled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 04:48 AM   #20
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
That is the best one i've seen so far.
My thoughts exactly
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #21
Your Hero

drjenkins is just really nicedrjenkins is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That's hands down the single coolest swirl I've ever seen, killer job!!

Knife to the eye!!
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #22
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
looks great
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #23
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
I'm wondering how that swirl would looking going from black to all shades of blue to white?

because i'd hit that

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #24
Westernesse

hotrodded_wooden_ mill is a jewel in the rough
Awesome work buddy! Just top notch.

As usual
hotrodded_wooden_ mill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #25
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Wow, yet another kickass swirl by you. Nice work bro!
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote