homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

Geetarh_Gawd is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High End 7 advice

hello all, im looking to buy a high end 7 string, preferably an Ibanez. Im having a hard time narrowing down some choices. I mainly play Metal but i would love a guitar that could handle jazz and blues just as well. I understand i may have to change pickups to achieve this, thats alright. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking a UV777 but im hearing mixed reviews on the newer models. Im not sure of too many other high end Ibanez 7's other than some that i would have to order from Japan. Any advice would be great, thanks!
Geetarh_Gawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
Sir Groove-A-Lot

Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If you're paying that much why not go for something like a Caparison Dellinger 7?

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just a ....ing lunatic" - Stephen Fry

Recording. Mixing. Mastering. ReAmping. Editing
Mattayus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
Deathgrind Maniac

Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
or a sherman custom.

what are uv777's worth now? 2500?

------------------------

Don't talk shit about total.
Crucified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
ss.org Regular

i love Ibanez's thin necks, ive never played a caparison, do they have slimmer necks? i have fairly small hands. i'll definatly look into them though, thanks!
Unread 09-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What's your budget like? IF you want maximum versatility Sherman,, Oni, KXK or some other custom builder could crush an Ibanez.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #6
WUUUUAAAAAAAAH!!!

gaunten is just really nicegaunten is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucified View Post
or a sherman custom.

what's the cost of a sherman these days?

"when your wife leaves you after 17 happy years, how do you know that a toaster is a toaster?"

www.myspace.com/scorneddisciple
www.myspace.com/nattsmyg
www.nattsmyg.com
gaunten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #7
ss.org Regular

i would have to say my limit would be 2 grand. Thats going to be hard enough for me to pull off, I would consider custom builders but i really dont know if that would be in my range of price.
Unread 09-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
www.fools-game.com

Matt Crooks is his own personal hero.Matt Crooks is his own personal hero.Matt Crooks is his own personal hero.Matt Crooks is his own personal hero.Matt Crooks is his own personal hero.Matt Crooks is his own personal hero.Matt Crooks is his own personal hero.Matt Crooks is his own personal hero.Matt Crooks is his own personal hero.Matt Crooks is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You can not use Ibanez and high end in the same sentence.

There have been a few limited KXK runs that have been under (some well under) $2k.

...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"
http://www.fools-game.com/
http://www.myspace.com/foolsgameband
Matt Crooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

trippled is a glorious beacon of lighttrippled is a glorious beacon of lighttrippled is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Crooks View Post
You can not use Ibanez and high end in the same sentence.

There have been a few limited KXK runs that have been under (some well under) $2k.
The J Customs are suppouse to be pretty high end instruments.
It's true that for people who live in the US, it costs quite alot to import one,
but in israel it's actually not that expensive to do at all and if they had
an available J Custom 7 for sale now I'd probably consider it seriously.
The fact that it's realy overpriced when imported doesnt say it's a bad
guitar, dont forget those guitars are ment generally for the japanese market
only.
And if your'e just thinking J Customs are not high end instruments, well, I didnt try one but after reading what users here posted about them and looking at pics that really gives you an idea how great their craftmanship is, I tend to disagree with you.
trippled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #10
H8ing Non Shermans

eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Grab that other 2k KXK if it isnt already sold by now. You wont find anything even close to it for that kind of money. I have more than a few Ibanez in the herd, and by comparison, a 2k KXK is ridiculous bang-for-the-buck.
eelblack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #11
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
PM Elysian for a custom quote, you can probably get a serious ibanez-killer for a good chunk under $2K

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #12
Banned

Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
If you're paying that much why not go for something like a Caparison Dellinger 7?
why spend that much on a dellinger when you can go custom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by budda View Post
PM Elysian for a custom quote, you can probably get a serious ibanez-killer for a good chunk under $2K
thanks for the plug
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #13
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah ask sherman, he hangs around here alot, or if your going to go the UV get a green dot.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #14
Banned

wes225 has some work to do.wes225 has some work to do.wes225 has some work to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucified View Post
or a sherman custom.

900, i think

scratch that.

wes225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 07:15 PM   #15
ERG Drummer!

MerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to all
Yeah, I was going to say Sherman or Elysian, too - I don't have anything of theirs (yet!) but I've seen it here... fantastic!

I'd say Roter, too, but the exchange rate and shipping would kill it
MerlinTKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #16
WUUUUAAAAAAAAH!!!

gaunten is just really nicegaunten is just really nice
I don't think a roter would be that expensive, they quote everything in us $, and he quoted me 1200$ + parts (kahler and lundgren) and later when I asked about shipping, they said it was included in the 1200$ price this may of course vary if you live in europe like me, or overseas... but it'd be worth to check out, they have great customer service

"when your wife leaves you after 17 happy years, how do you know that a toaster is a toaster?"

www.myspace.com/scorneddisciple
www.myspace.com/nattsmyg
www.nattsmyg.com
gaunten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #17
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
not sure Apophis wants you saying on here what a PM'd quote, Adam (as in, edit that out and PM the info to buddy.. if he's even still interested)

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #18
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
dude you don't want a generic basswood body ibby for ....in $2000-$2500, trust me calling Mike Sherman and having him make you something simple like a replica with a slightly difference head stock and better quality woods is what you want, so save that cash a little more and talk to Mike about making you an axe

i finally settled on Mike, thank ...., i adore his work, it's pure sexual art.

now i just need to save for it, so yeah ditch the thought of buying a crumby "high end" ibby or anything else

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 10:07 PM   #19
The Fusion Guy!

jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Since you're in the USA, going with a custom builder would be your best bet, I think. I love my KXK to death. Very thin neck, too. If you like RGs, you'd love a KXK Sii-7.

Check out my home page: www.councilofone.net
jacksonplayer is offline   Reply With Quote