homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
BEHOLD! Karl's New EBMM Ball Family Reserve JP7 (Photos Galore)

I recently helped my buddy Karl Hungus acquire his dream guitar, an emerald quilt EBMM Ball Family Reserve 7-string. I scored it on his behalf and I'm going to be installing BKPs for him as well.

Here it is! What a ....ing GORGEOUS guitar. I didn't play it yet but damn what an incredible neck profile. This really does look like the $3000 guitar it was.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Mesa/Boogie, Rhodes Amplification, ESP, Jackson, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Framus, Diezel, Orange, Parker, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
ouh...

Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are you ....ing kidding me?!... Karl... I'M COMING TO GALWAY THIS SUMMER JUST FOR THIS! So ....ing awesome! See you in a month or so! (Most likely!)

Check out my Myspace for some fusion and prog! www.myspace.com/ianeiderbo
Seedawakener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
hates womanizers.

ShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himself

I'm typing this on my knees with my butt in the air. -Drew
ShawnFjellstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
....ing beautiful, every detail, even the grain on the headstock is beautiful, congrats karrl

Confront and Destroy!
7 Strings of Hate is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
BIG thanks to Nick for this awesome favour.

You rule man.

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #6
Appreciates Kwolity

ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice job man! And great score for Karl too!

What's going to happen to the stock DiMarzios?
ZeroSignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn Karl is one lucky bastard.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

jaxadam is a glorious beacon of lightjaxadam is a glorious beacon of lightjaxadam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oh ....ing .... that's nice... I have a feeling this thread is going to have a lot of "....s" in it.

That is ....ing nice...
jaxadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #9
The Viking himself

stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Hmm, the Irish Sea would probably be easy to swim..........you wont even notice it gone.....honest
stuh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #10
vagitarian

TMatt142 is a name known to allTMatt142 is a name known to allTMatt142 is a name known to allTMatt142 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
scuse me .......got a serious pant check here.....
TMatt142 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #11
UGH
ss.org Regular

UGH will become famous soon enough
....! *flex*
UGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post

What's going to happen to the stock DiMarzios?
He said I could keep 'em.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Mesa/Boogie, Rhodes Amplification, ESP, Jackson, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Framus, Diezel, Orange, Parker, G&L, Schecter and many more.

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #13
in love with Judas

E Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That's really rather beautiful, and I bet it plays well and sounds great too...

[action=E Lucevan Le Stelle]shouldn't be too jealous as he has a KxK on its way...[/action]
E Lucevan Le Stelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #14
Nick // Axe Palace

I nominate this for the August GOTM

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #15
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Beautiful

I played a regular JP7 over the weekend and the neck/trem are the best I've ever played on a 7
wannabguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #16
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Oh, and I have to thank Nick for posting this thread and taking some decent pictures, because we all know that my camera facilities are lacking severely, so if I had waited to take pics myself, they would only be 19.5% as beautiful.

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #17
SS Contributor

kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Damn that is gorgeous!!
Nick I need to come by and check this thing out before you ship it to Karl.
I've never had the chance to see one of these in person before.
pm me.

Axe Fx II in da house
Mark IV in da House
JVM in da House
kmanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #18
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanick View Post
Damn that is gorgeous!!
Nick I need to come by and check this thing out before you ship it to Karl.
I've never had the chance to see one of these in person before.
pm me.
Sure man, I'll have this for the next week as the BKPs are en route.

Unread 06-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #19
Deathgrind Maniac

Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
nice! are the bodies on those still basswood though?

------------------------

Don't talk shit about total.
Crucified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #20
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucified View Post
nice! are the bodies on those still basswood though?
No, it's a mahogany neck and body with an alder block or something.

Unread 06-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #21
You're no daisy.

Alder body with mahogany tone block, and a mahogany neck.

Unread 06-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #22
Turd Ferguson

yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Man that is awesome. After playing around with my cheap ass OLP I really want the real thing. They are just the perfect feel and shape. The only thing I don't like is that they can't have the awesome body cut b/c of the top, but that top damn sure makes up for it.
yellowv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 08:31 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

jaxadam is a glorious beacon of lightjaxadam is a glorious beacon of lightjaxadam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
No, it's a mahogany neck and body with an alder block or something.
Mahogany neck, alder body, and the "secret" mahogany toneblock.

Nevermind... Karl beat me to it...
jaxadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #24
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Damn that's hot.

UNSCARED

"...The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -J.S. Mill

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #25
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
Man that is awesome. After playing around with my cheap ass OLP I really want the real thing. They are just the perfect feel and shape. The only thing I don't like is that they can't have the awesome body cut b/c of the top, but that top damn sure makes up for it.
I'm playing it right now, it has the body/arm contour thing, it's just not as drastic as say an Ibanez. This thing has the nicest neck profile I've ever seen. I'm honestly jealous, amazing.