homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #26
wake up dead

7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
wow

I tried a 68 at B once, but I would have had to completely file out the nut if I'd wanted it to sit level with the other strings...

thing looks like some massive nightcrawler
7slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #27
sergeant shred

c4tze will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
.90s for hanging on a tree????????? O.o crazy

so now ppl may appear that a 7 string without baritone scale is a faulty construction

YES i am proud to live in the neighbourhood of diezel amplification ...
c4tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #28
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Clip!

Sevenstring.org - Jukebox - Now Playing:: JBroll's DY90 in F# Test

First riff is a fairly 'stock' one, just to show chords.

Second one is using major thirds, also to show chords but the clarity is also important.

Third thing is a cross-string exercise that goes across all three bottom strings - it shows really well how the strings sound at the same tension but completely different sizes and pitches. I really like the 'growl' the single notes have.

The next few things are a jazz chord (some min9 nonsense, can't 3recall exactly) on the 5th, 4th, and 2nd position, and the final thing is a bit of noise (12th fret harmonic on F#, 8th fret on B, 4th fret on E, open A) that I felt like putting in just to shake your room.

This wasn't really tweaked... settings are what I normally use for my 'sane' guitars and the mic (Audix i5) was just slapped in front of the speaker with very little attention paid.

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #29
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Neat! Those strings are nuts, though! I have a .080" that I'm using for low Eb (actually, just for the hell of it it's tuned even lower to B right now), and I didn't like how it sounded. It was too much like playing a bass, and I can't really use it in chords with other strings. How well does that .090" intonate?

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #30
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If everything is balanced right chords can be used, but it takes a little tweaking and the right strings.

It's not like more 'normal' tunings, where you can get away with big variances in string tension... things have to be really close. And the playing technique changes, because you have to hit the lower strings harder to get them really standing out. When I was recording that clip I had to turn the volume on my amp up quite a bit because you could hear the strings clicking acoustically through the mic. It had to go from a shout to drowning out an ambulance.

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #31
im leaving ss.org

Xtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Did it fit through the tuner without filing?
Xtremevillan is offline   Reply With Quote