homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
I need some advice about my 1527...

hey there guys, first off, if it helps, i can get pics posted but i think this is fairly straight foward, but i had to replace a locking nut on my 1527, its the right size, but the holes that the screws go into to mount it arnt lined up, the nut is shifted a tad to the b string side, not too much, but definatly noticable, i was thinking about filling the holes with dowel rods and some kind of glue, is that a plausable idea or will i be weaking my neck so much that its not worth it, the alternatives are keep it as is(which i dont really want to do) or buy a new ibanez locking nut and i'm not paying 90 ....in dollars from that ibanez rules guy, thats a joke! so give me some advice, i dont get why the holes are shifted but, anyway, let me know

Confront and Destroy!
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-08-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
ss.org Regular

Pirelli is just really nicePirelli is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your idea sounds like it should work. With some dowel and good glue I doubt it would affect the structural integrity of the neck.

What about drilling/filing the holes on the nut so you can move it across a bit?
Pirelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
i had actually thought of that but i wasnt sure if that would work well, i guess it would be a more attractive option, if i .... that up i can grab another one for 20 bucks, hmmm, rep for pirelli

Confront and Destroy!
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

supertruper1988 is just really nicesupertruper1988 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Filling the holes will not hurt you guitar in any way.
supertruper1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #5
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If I was you so I'm just buy original Ibanez nut. But I think just regular swirling of the nut will help but don't forget to make a carving. But, Chris, think about that for 90$ you can put your ass out of pain.

Good luck

Sorry for my english
yevetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 10:50 PM   #6
Chief Officer/RHLC

ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
nuts do this in general. screw it in like 2/3, and adjust it then, and then tighten it. you can usually get a few mm of play that way, 3 or 4 in either direction

Reverse Headstocks or Bust

:chris: ALL HEIL THE ADMINISHREDDER!
ibznorange is offline   Reply With Quote