homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

View Poll Results: What should I do about pickups?
Evo7->UV 3 15.79%
Blaze->UV 4 21.05%
D-Activator->UV 1 5.26%
Leave the M7 and put one of those 3 in the 2027 1 5.26%
Just get a second M7 6 31.58%
You suck, get something else for the 2027 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:17 AM   #1
Krunch SMASH

Krunch is a glorious beacon of lightKrunch is a glorious beacon of lightKrunch is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My Last One? Picstory (Die 56k Die)

Okay that's a lie. Stop buying sevens because I play my 8 string most of the time? Shenanigans! It won't happen. But my wallet would certainly like me to take it easy. My friends all expect me to switch to 8s exclusively, and that this would be my last 7 ever. It won't. However, this would be a worthy end to an era.

My day began with a normal work day. Oh the monotony. My job is actually pretty good, but remaking the same magazine over and over again gets old.

On the drive home my iPod froze up and I didn't remember how to reset the damn thing.

I just wanted to chill and play some guitar before settling in to a winning evening of watching some tv. But there was something in my way when I got home.

A Box! Did I buy another guitar? It looks like a shitty way to ship a guitar to me. Hands shaking with anticipation and fear of sub-par packing I fumbled for a tool.

Not very metal but it will do

SLIKISLICE

Well, this is actually packed well after all. I'm feeling some relief.

Looks like a guitar, I guess I did buy one.

In a gig bag, Yuck!

Time to open 'er up!

Hm... what is this object? Lets see... That's a neck...

Pickups, mhm... consistent with the whole "It must be a guitar" thing.

Strap pin. Okay. But I still don't know what it is!

Aha! It has a trem. That narrows it down a bit.

Further inspection seems to indicate it is a LoPro Edge. Interesting.

Lets check the stock. Yep, Ibanez all right. Prestige too. That's good, but what is it really?

What the balls? That's not right.

Wait...

Is that?

Maybe...

I think so!

It's a 2027!!!!!!!!

But this gig bag shit has got to go.

Let me think.

Hello! It's my blue 7620, my "project" 7. It's not in the best of shape.

:CHUCK:

Don't worry, it's okay. There! That's much better.

Denial flipped.

Now back to that sexy piece of wood.

Flame on my neck

Aftermarket knobs FTL. They will be replaced post-haste with the stock cosmo knobs.

Then I decided to get a shot of the family. (not pictured, Fender Mexi-strat).

Damn that's hot.
Edit: This image contains 69 strings!

Now just the RGs!

And back to the table with strings

The end.

I've wanted a 2027 for years. I missed them when they came out, and I've wanted one ever since. I've never been in the right place at the right time to actually get one though. I found a guy in California selling one last week and I jumped on it. This is my white whale so I'm ecstatic.

This may be the last 7 I buy since I'm playing the 8 string most of the time. But I still have GAS for a Hellraiser and an S7320 and old UVs and the JP7 BFB, so who knows.

It's in pretty good shape. There are no dings on the face, and the total body dings are < 7, none of them large. The knobs need to go back to stock. The fretboard is filthy but the frets look like they're in great shape and the neck is nice and straight. The bridge has a little pitting but nothing too major. All in all it's in good shape and I payed a decent for it so I'm happy. I love the neck, it's a lot like the one on my UV which is my favorite. The piezo sounds decent, a little bright but that's what I expect from a solidbody.

Now I need a pickup swap ASAP. For the neck I'm thinking Air Norton or PAF (not a fan of the Jazz) but maybe something hotter. The bridge, my first instinct is the Lundgren M7, which I love in my UV. The question is... should I bite the bullet and order another M7 for it, or should I pull the one out of my UV and replace it with another pickup I have lying around (Blaze, Evo, and D-Activator). Or something else entirely. Help me out!

Should I...
  • Just get a second M7?
  • M7->2027 and Evo7->UV?
  • M7->2027 and Blaze->UV?
  • M7->2027 and D-Activator->UV?
  • Put one of those three in the 2027?
  • Get something different for the 2027?
Krunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-20-2007, 01:20 AM   #2
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
nice looking neck \m/

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:22 AM   #3

Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES

Awesome axe bro I'm sure you'll love it (I love mine).

Was that the one that was just on ebay? I shoved a D-Sonic and Air Norton in mine and it sounds killer.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #4
Krunch SMASH

Krunch is a glorious beacon of lightKrunch is a glorious beacon of lightKrunch is a glorious beacon of light
No it was some dude in California. It didn't cost me nearly as much money as that last ebay auction.
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #5
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The neck on that is pretty nice

This however, is my favorite pic of the story.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...27/27-neck.jpg

UNSCARED

"...The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -J.S. Mill

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:26 AM   #6

Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunch View Post
No it was some dude in California. It didn't cost me nearly as much money as that last ebay auction.
I was just wondering because the grain looked similar. But anyways, ....ing cool man, congratulations.
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:52 AM   #7
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome guitar. And your collection is sweet. 5 sevens, an eight, 2 sixes, a 6-string bass, and a mandolin? Awesome. If we include the instruments I own in the US, I've got: 2 sevens, 3 sixes, a 4-string bass, and a mandolin (the only instruments in Japan are 2 sevens and 1 six).
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 02:10 AM   #8

By the way dude... It's never "the last one."

Unread 09-20-2007, 02:15 AM   #9
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Insane collection you got there.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 05:41 AM   #10
ouh...

Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.
awesome collection!

Check out my Myspace for some fusion and prog! www.myspace.com/ianeiderbo
Seedawakener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 06:16 AM   #11
ss.org Regular

dissident is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Very nice! blaze i recon.

www.myspace.com/naisian Band, check it ftwz.
dissident is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 06:19 AM   #12
Banned

Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Epic picstory! You are on a distinguished path!

M7 all the way.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:18 AM   #13
ss.org Regular

FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Excellent guitar! Excellent pictures, you have a knack of taking good pictures. Your collection is insane.
FortePenance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 12:25 AM   #14
Krunch SMASH

I think I've decided to swap the M7 to the 2027 and drop my Evo7 back in the UV for now. I'll worry about getting something new later. I'd like to try something with an Alnico 8 in it.
Unread 09-21-2007, 12:26 AM   #15
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Nice piece of wood.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 01:14 AM   #16
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Nice score and impressive collection! Congrats!

I like Blazes so I voted Blazes.

Great pics too!

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 04:01 AM   #17
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Great pics

Great guitar

Congratulations!!!

Sorry for my english
yevetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #18
AU director / RHLC ©

cow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of light
nice collection,and 8 ssssstring

do you have a fetish for reverse heads stocks?,do you find your self sweating or drooling over the site of a reverse head stock? if the answer is yes then i can help with therapy and rehab.join RHLC to feel normal again.....first consult free,normal rates apply after..LOL

Rock The Fuck Out
..DAN/CYBERSYN

NOS tube freak

MESA OWNERS CLUB MEMBER..R-014XXX
cow 7 sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 07:48 AM   #19
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
the finish!

Congrats!

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:00 AM   #20
Lew
ss.org Regular

Lew is on a distinguished road
Auuuuh! Im in love!

The guitars are pure <3...!
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #21
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Great collection, lucky
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

EdgeCrusher is just really niceEdgeCrusher is just really nice
Wow, that is one badass collection!

How much for the 7620RB?
EdgeCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #23
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Damn nice score

That neck has some awesome flame in it

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #24
Krunch SMASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeCrusher View Post
Wow, that is one badass collection!

How much for the 7620RB?
The blue one's a project guitar. It's got a 1" square of paint chipped on the back, numerous dings, tons of belt rash, a general dulling of the paint due to small scratches, a little rust, missing the locknut pads, etc. At least the neck is in good shape. I bought it fairly cheap with the intention of refinishing it. I don't know if I'll ever even get around to stripping the body.

I'd be lucky to get 300 for it.
Unread 09-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #25
Cherokee Warrior

TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That blue one looks just like my 7620 did before I refinished it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=268162
Seven Strings to rule them all, Seven Strings to find them, Seven Strings to bring them all and in the music bind them.
TonyFlyingSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote