homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oni Seven String

Silky Oak body, Pau Ferro neck and fretboard. Oni custom pickups with EVH-style wiring. Auto locking tuners. 26 frets. All-access cutaway.

Lightweight comfort contoured body. Excellent balance. Plays like buttah. Recessed output jack. Set-through neck. Workmanship is honestly like nothing I've ever experienced before!

The tone from the bridge pickup is very tight and focused. It's got some balls, for sure. Neck pup is more of a throaty tone, but it sounds really smooth on the lower notes.

I don't know how he's done it, but Dan's really done it this time!

I'd like to thank Dan and Paul, and everyone here who helped me decide to get this one! Thanks a lot!

I apologize for my poor photographic skills. This is really something I need some clearer pictures of. The wood is truly gorgeous!

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-15-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Holy crap
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That's pretty slick man!

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews

So what'd it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
Proud SSorg member

Battousai has much to be proud ofBattousai has much to be proud ofBattousai has much to be proud ofBattousai has much to be proud ofBattousai has much to be proud ofBattousai has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
didnt know oak was a tone wood... how does it sound /

The Struggle to free Myself from Restraints, becomes my very shackles...
Battousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
AKA Australian Lacewood. But it's not a true lacewood nor a true oak, from what I understand. wikipedia

I'll say that I paid about the same for my BC Rich MB7, which is a fine guitar, but this Oni is definately leagues beyond the BC Rich. I couldn't have obtained a finer guitar for thrice this price from a well-known custom shop like Conklin, Novax, or Manson.

Unread 09-16-2007, 12:51 AM   #7
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
That's purty.

What scale lengths is it and where's the volume knob?
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 12:54 AM   #8
hates womanizers.

ShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
damn. nice.

I'm typing this on my knees with my butt in the air. -Drew
ShawnFjellstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 12:56 AM   #9
dpm
Oni Guitars

dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.
Sweet, glad you like it!

I think the difficulty photographing the lacewood is related to digital cameras... something to do with compression or noise filters maybe? I had the same problem.
dpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 01:21 AM   #10
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Wow. Incredible work!
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 01:43 AM   #11
Lucky☆Seven

Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.
okay, I might thing about getting one of these
Lucky Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 03:38 AM   #12
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Sweet, congrats
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 03:47 AM   #13
Not so local lefty

Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Holy crap, I M<3 Oni threads and this one really delivers!!! Looks top-notch!! How are the fanned frets for you sir?

I R LEFTY!

Left-handers come visit!
http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 07:18 AM   #14
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Sorry for my english
yevetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #15
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
What're the scales on that man?
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #16
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
next time i'm in Indy, i'm stealing it

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

sonofabias will become famous soon enough
Nice! very unique!
sonofabias is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #18
tacos?

Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
good god those oni guitars sure are purdy

Knights that say
Mr. S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #19
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Congrats bostjan!

That's just one elegant & tasteful & drool-inducing guitar.

You've got a beautiful body style Dan

bostjan you mentioned the jack is recessed, is it in the edge or back of the body?
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 04:02 PM   #20
Spastic Kitchen!

Here is a close-up (somewhat blurry) of the jack.

And to give some idea of where the jack is relative to the body:

I think I can do a little better photographing the wood with a soft sun light coming through a tanslucent window, but there is just no way to recreate the 3-d texture of the body...

And another picture of the headstock just for good measure

I believe the scale length is 660-710mm (26"-28"). My original intent was to keep this guitar tuned down a to A+D standard, but I've been keping it in B+E standard without any trouble and the tension feels just right. The lower frets aren't hard to stretch to at all. I can reach comfortably from frets 1-5 on the low B, 1-6 is a little stretchy, but no biggie, but I cannot reach from 1-7 on any of the strings.

The fanned frets are great! I've always wanted a guitar with a compound scale length after trying a dingwall bass and being amazed at the clarity of the low B.

Let me say that I have now played every fret on every string of this guitar and there is not one fret buzz anywhere. Not even a hint of a buzz. Anywhere. And I did not even touch the truss rod! On top of that, the intonation is less than 2 cents off. The high E, B, G and D were all dead on right out of the box.

Unread 09-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #21
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That wood is some crazy looking shit man.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #22
Banned

msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.msherman is deemed true.
Excellent work as always, Dan!
msherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #23
7&gt;6

NiCkMiLnE has much to be proud ofNiCkMiLnE has much to be proud ofNiCkMiLnE has much to be proud ofNiCkMiLnE has much to be proud ofNiCkMiLnE has much to be proud ofNiCkMiLnE has much to be proud of
stunning

laney aor series II
mesa boogie nomad
^in stereo^

el34+ 6l6 = <3
NiCkMiLnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #24
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Cool thanks for those pics bostjan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostjan View Post
The fanned frets are great! I've always wanted a guitar with a compound scale length after trying a dingwall bass and being amazed at the clarity of the low B.
That was exactly my experience about 10 years ago. Tried a Dingwall and was an instant convert to fanned-frets.
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #25
dpm
Oni Guitars

dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.
Maybe these show the grain a little better. Added a whole bunch of pics to the myspace too...

dpm is offline   Reply With Quote