homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Wow, BTBAM totally kicks ass.

I'm listening to "Ants of the Sky" right now.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #2

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
colors is one of the greatest albums to happen to music in general

nuff said
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
ss.org Regular

Roundhouse_Kick is a glorious beacon of lightRoundhouse_Kick is a glorious beacon of lightRoundhouse_Kick is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Been meaning to check them out for a while now, still not got round to it
Roundhouse_Kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
im leaving ss.org

Xtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Wanna hear me drunk playing the intro to Alaska?
Xtremevillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
Banned

includao is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
colors is one of the greatest albums to happen to music in general

nuff said

Colors is one of the greatest albums I ever listened to.

I'm waiting for the new Dillinger Escape Plan album!
includao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #6

Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
That song is amazing... and the little hillbilly interlude is too
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Do they play 7s?

Just wondering.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Do they play 7s?

Just wondering.
I didn't want to say it... did you put this in the wrong section, oh adminishredder? I think it was meant for the forum above the seven section, plus IIRC they play sixers.

Rig: PRS -> Kemper -> Atomic CLR
First time in a while I've been THIS happy with my tone!
HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #9
Vulcan Lute God

kung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to all
no 7's, this discussion just ended up in the wrong area somehow. I've yet to listen to this album inits entirety. I was supposed to but i got sidetracked. If BTBAM was a cereal, they'd be shreddies

David Warren Brubeck (December 6, 1920 December 5, 2012)
kung_fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:01 PM   #10
ss.org Regular

Rindgecore is a jewel in the rough
You're 6 years too late.

Check out their Self Titled debut. Destroys all of their newer material by a longshot. Take new BTBAM, take out all the goofy filler shit they do nowadays and add healthy doses of death metal influence and you get a whole better band.

Parasitic Extirpation
'Knee Deep in Disease' out now

Dysentery
'From Past Suffering Comes New Flesh' out now on Amputated Vein Records

Me
Rindgecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #11
Mah Kitteh doez Coke

LilithXShred is just really niceLilithXShred is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rindgecore View Post
Take new BTBAM, take out all the goofy filler shit they do nowadays and add healthy doses of death metal influence and you get a whole better band.
Don't agree. What's wrong with musical depth. The new BTBAM stuff is by far better than the old stuff. It's more creative and it's absolutely unique. There are tons of band with the "healthy dose of death metal" in the biz right now and to be honest i'm getting sick of the recipe. BTBAM stands out.

White Walls is my absolute fave on the album ^^.

My Mammal Sauce is the best Mammal Sauce
LilithXShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:37 PM   #12
IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD

MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
'Ants of the Sky' is such a sick song. The first vocal section after the arpeggios is the epitome of metal. I love the new BTBAM stuff because they've evolved into a progressive metal band while retaining their hardcore elements, like creative breakdowns rather than the garbage that passes for a breakdown these days. I love BTBAM.
MetalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:37 PM   #13
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilithXShred View Post
Don't agree. What's wrong with musical depth. The new BTBAM stuff is by far better than the old stuff. It's more creative and it's absolutely unique. There are tons of band with the "healthy dose of death metal" in the biz right now and to be honest i'm getting sick of the recipe. BTBAM stands out.
Noticeable filler to me doesn't equal musical depth. It's unique, i'll give it that. As far as the whole deathcore explosion is concerned, old BTBAM covers a far larger gamut of extreme metal styles as opposed to bands who just stick gutturals over breakdowns.

OMG BTBAM usez keyboards and singy parts teh are s0o0 amazing cus tehy do stuff taht other'z dOnT. Nope.

Parasitic Extirpation

Dysentery

Me
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #14

Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #15
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I REALLY did not like the album. It was either really boring, or there was so much going on I couldnt see straight.
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #16
Tonight.......you

newamerikangospel has much to be proud ofnewamerikangospel has much to be proud ofnewamerikangospel has much to be proud ofnewamerikangospel has much to be proud ofnewamerikangospel has much to be proud ofnewamerikangospel has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I haven't had a chance to listen to the new album, but I must say the little break in "all bodies" around 2:30 if im not mistaken made me think that there could possibly be a death metal band with keyboards that wasn't just cheesy abigail williams stuff (1 I dont hate a.w. but I think the keyboards can be forced at times).
newamerikangospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 07:23 PM   #17
Turd Ferguson

yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I love BTBAM I really need to listen to the new album.
yellowv is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 07:35 PM   #18

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Noticeable filler to me doesn't equal musical depth. It's unique, i'll give it that. As far as the whole deathcore explosion is concerned, old BTBAM covers a far larger gamut of extreme metal styles as opposed to bands who just stick gutturals over breakdowns.

OMG BTBAM usez keyboards and singy parts teh are s0o0 amazing cus tehy do stuff taht other'z dOnT. Nope.
bleh rationalize however you will, colors is their best album, tsc used to be my favorite, and i never quite got into the s/t to be honest
Unread 09-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #19
Lord Super Awesome

Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
BTBAM one-ups themselves with every release. I'm loving this new album. I can't wait to get the real deal on the 18th.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 07:43 PM   #20
Banned

parabola5353 can only hope to improve
am i the only one who can't really get into colors? silent circus is easily their best.
parabola5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 07:50 PM   #21
ss.org Regular

dude777 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola5353 View Post
am i the only one who can't really get into colors? silent circus is easily their best.IMO
*fixed

lol smn invasion?

...., white walls blows my mind everytime i hear it. i think i wouldnt trade ANY btbam album for any other one. in my book they are all great and cannot be compared, and furthermore shouldnt be compared.imo

"There is no question that many people do good things in the name of their faith - but there are better reasons to help the poor, feed the hungry and defend the weak than the belief that an Imaginary Friend wants you to do it. Compassion is deeper than religion. As is ecstasy. It is time that we acknowledge that human beings can be profoundly ethical - and even spiritual - without pretending to know things they do not know."
dude777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #22
Banned

parabola5353 can only hope to improve
who are you on smn?
parabola5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 08:15 PM   #23
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
You're 6 years too late.

Check out their Self Titled debut. Destroys all of their newer material by a longshot. Take new BTBAM, take out all the goofy filler shit they do nowadays and add healthy doses of death metal influence and you get a whole better band.
Boooooo. :P
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #24

colors is so damn godly, its banned in lordworld
Unread 09-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #25
ss.org Regular

Silent Circus is a close second to the S/T, but what really kills it are the vocals.

Parasitic Extirpation

Dysentery

Me