homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:23 PM   #1
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 134 reviews
Wow - Schecter Guitars.. Impressed

Having become jaded with Ibanez as they dont have any production Baritone 7s and their old ones are extremely rare I decided to see what else is available.

I went over to Schecters website and WOW.

Almost all their 7s are 26.5, look cool, set neck and mahogany, and are fixed tail. This is the first time I am seeing them in a different light.

Seeing as I dont solo or require amazing access to the higher frets or need a thin shredding neck - I am curious as to how these guitars fare?

Anyone who has owned Ibanez and then gone over to Schecters 7s please post your thoughts?

Its almost like I have been partial to ibanez for some reason when the schecters have so many amazing features.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
ouh...

Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I can only say good things about Schecter... I dont have an Ibanez but I have played a few and I think both brands feel really good. I still dont understand why a thin neck would be better for shredding... Its just as easy to move on a thick neck as it is on a wizard. The necks on my Schecters both feel pretty beefy but not ever clumsy in any way. They sound and feel absolutly amazing.

Check out my Myspace for some fusion and prog! www.myspace.com/ianeiderbo
Seedawakener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Im so interested in the C7 Blackjack - 26.5", neck through mahogany, SD pups..

Plus it looks killer with that binding.
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
ouh...

Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
Im so interested in the C7 Blackjack - 26.5", neck through mahogany, SD pups..

Plus it looks killer with that binding.
I have the 007 blackjack and it is my main right now. It has an M7 in the bridge though. I am no big fan of the JB that was in it first. The neck pickup is awesome though. I love it, and even when I get a JP7 this guitar will be my main for my bands cause it suits riffing so extremely well with the extended scale, and soloing is absolutely no problem either.

Check out my Myspace for some fusion and prog! www.myspace.com/ianeiderbo
Seedawakener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Yeah - extended scale is what im looking for. Also are these guitars available in other colors than black? Is there white?

Im really getting tempted.
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I prefer the ibanez neck because it just feels right in my hands. The schecters are nice tp play also. I have been craving 27 scale or longer for some time now and the schecters are looking pretty good. The neck is a little bigger but it dont bother me at all.
Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #7
Carvin Fanboy

NickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
My main bass is a schecter and I had a schecter acoustic and it was pretty awesometoo, so im sure if I wanted a fixed bridge 7, it'd be the first place id go. but unfortunately, trems =[[
NickCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

guitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
theyre available in some sort of wine red color i think

i played a hellraiser... if you dont mind the neck and the extra tension from the extended range-- well, they sound ....ing brutal
guitarplayerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #9
Another Sinking Ship

Cringles is on a distinguished road
I own a ibanez k7, schecter 007 blackjack, and a c7 hellraiser. Id prefer Schecter guitars over the Ibanez. Schecter necks feel better to me than ibanez. The blackjack guitars only come in black There awesome guitars and not overly priced either
Cringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #10
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I used to be iffy about Schecter because of my Schecter Revenger-7, which is an older, cheaper model, and it shows. But I recently picked up a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 (same as Blackjack, but with EMGs, different finishes, possibly very slightly better upper fret access) and I'm in love. It feels perfect, and now I want to get a Blackjack to match (especially since I now know that I love the sound of a baritone/low-tuned guitar with a JB bridge and mahogany body).

I used to be an Ibanez fan, but now I'm fully addicted to Schecter. If I became famous, I'd go with Schecter for an endorsement. Ibanez's are nice, but I prefer the slightly beefier feel of Schecters, and the options they have over Ibanez. The only Ibanezes I've been tempted by lately are the RGA (never played one) and the SZ (played one, loved it, but liked the Blackjack C6 better).

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
The Fusion Guy!

jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Yeah - extended scale is what im looking for. Also are these guitars available in other colors than black? Is there white?

Im really getting tempted.
The Hellraiser comes in black and black cherry. The Blackjack is, well, black.

The C7FR comes in white and also has a 26.5" neck.

Check out my home page: www.councilofone.net
jacksonplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #12
ss.org Regular

krsp is a jewel in the rough
I know that you asked about Ibanez to Schecter... I kinda went the other way. I have a Schecter Omen Extreme 7 and then just recently got an Ibanez Apex2. Both are really good guitars, if I had to choose, I would probably go with the Ibanez (probably because it is brand new!). Schecter is pretty good guitar for the buck though. The stock pickups blow donkey ass (unless you get decent factory installed ones - EMG, SD....), but that is easily fixed!
krsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 06:58 AM   #13
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsp View Post
I know that you asked about Ibanez to Schecter... I kinda went the other way. I have a Schecter Omen Extreme 7 and then just recently got an Ibanez Apex2. Both are really good guitars, if I had to choose, I would probably go with the Ibanez (probably because it is brand new!). Schecter is pretty good guitar for the buck though. The stock pickups blow donkey ass (unless you get decent factory installed ones - EMG, SD....), but that is easily fixed!
wow, I feel exactly the other way around. Ibanez stock pickups has always made my barf, but the ones that comes in schecter impressed my a lot. I think itīs the best stock pickups I've ever tried, I haven't even considering changing them in my omen, and in the omen extreme I would never change it.
Unread 07-29-2007, 07:09 AM   #14
ss.org Regular

your_mum is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wish it was easier to get shecter in the uk, I seriously cant find them

Fire is your friend.
your_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 07:27 AM   #15
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by your_mum View Post
I wish it was easier to get shecter in the uk, I seriously cant find them
Musikhaus Thomann Cyberstore -

eBay.co.uk - schecter, Guitars, Musical Instruments items at low prices
Unread 07-29-2007, 08:54 AM   #16
ss.org Regular

FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.
UK has a decent stock of schecters my friends tell me. Sound Control?

But here in hong kong, there are no licensed schecter dealers at all.
FortePenance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 09:09 AM   #17

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I like my Schecter C7 Blackjack. It's not a neckthrough though, it's a set neck with a rounded off heel. The neck is a bit thick, but you get used to it, I don't have a problem anymore(but still tempted to shave it down ).

If I could've gotten an Ibanez 1077, or the RG7EX, I probably would have. The long scale and neck binding are what drew me to the C7.
Toshiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #18
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
I don't like very many of the current Ibanez line, and none of the 7-strings available here.

Meanwhile, most of my GAS pains are from Schecter.

and I just love this finish:

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #19
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Oh...Set neck vs necthrough?

Im sorry - in all my idiocy I thought they were one and the same.
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #20

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Oh...Set neck vs necthrough?

Im sorry - in all my idiocy I thought they were one and the same.
Neck-through means the neck goes all the way to the rear strap pin, and the body "wings" are glued on to it. Carvin, Jackson, and BCRich are notable neckthrough builders.

Set neck means the neck is glued into the body using a dovetail joint. Gibson and PRS would be the big names in this style neck joint.

Schecter does the 2nd, but unlike a Les Paul, they round off and shape the heel more like a neck-through. This is sometimes referred to as "Set Through", but that's too confusing, IMO.
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #21
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Thanks Toshiro. Bt does that mean the neck heel on the set nets are bigger than normal neck throughs?
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Thanks Toshiro. Bt does that mean the neck heel on the set nets are bigger than normal neck throughs?
Usually, but not when they make it a point to round it off as much as possible. I would say the Schecters feel like a neckthrough, just aren't technically built that way.

It's sorta like comparing an Ibanez AANJ to a Fender strat heel. Both are bolt-ons, but the Ibanez is much smoother.

As much as body wood makes a tonal difference, there's more of it in a set neck guitar.
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:49 AM   #23
ss.org Regular

Rich is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wish they still made the 007 Blackjack, that finish is just so...

Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #24
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Hmm that headstock looks nice - but the horns look odd.
Unread 07-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #25

Never liked the horns on the "00" models. Looks like great fret access though.

The C7 looks better to me though: