homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-24-2005, 11:15 PM   #1
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Finally got my first seven

I'm down one PODxt, and up a Ibanez AX7221. My KXK is still a couple of months out, so I needed something to scratch the itch until then.

No, the little amp isn't plugged into the Mesa. It just, framed the picture out all nice and shit.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-24-2005, 11:40 PM   #2
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Congrats, man!
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2005, 12:15 PM   #3
Divinitus Infallibilis
Site Contributor

Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice. And an old park amp in the pic too!. 80's old school Marshall SS amp ( when Marshall wanted to make SS amp's but not use the Marshall name with them)

Born of Fire//--\\ Consumed by it
Divinitus Infallibilis

Digital Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
That old school Park amp is the best sounding practice amp I've ever had. I rip it in my bedroom all the time through that thing!

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 09-28-2005, 08:28 AM   #5
iJesse

Jesse is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth000
Nice. And an old park amp in the pic too!. 80's old school Marshall SS amp ( when Marshall wanted to make SS amp's but not use the Marshall name with them)
thats neat, I never knew that!

http://i40.tinypic.com/34imrvb.jpg
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2005, 08:33 AM   #6
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Having played this very guitar, it's really a pretty damn decent instrument, especially for what these are going for...
eaeolian is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2005, 07:52 PM   #7
The Fusion Guy!

jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I've only played the 6-string version of the AX, but it wasn't a bad little guitar. And you'll need a stage backup even after the KXK arrives, so that's pretty cool all around.
jacksonplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2005, 08:52 PM   #8
I'm your huckleberry

Yeah, I think it will be fine for backup, but a few things are gonna have to change first. The tuners are total garbage--the low B constantly goes out of tune from backlash, and I have the tuner key set screw about as tight as it will go without danger of breakage. The chrome bridge is going to have to go, too, or at least refinished in black. Chrome on gunmetal satin? Bleck. I might even rewire it to one volume and tone, and leave the bottom two knobs unused. I just hate LP wiring. I also need to shave the neck down a bit, because the chunky D is a bit fatiguing after a while.

The pickups, which really aren't all that bad, still have way too much bottom end for even my tastes. Things get very muddy on the wounds. Mahogany body, what do you think I should go with?

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 09-28-2005, 08:57 PM   #9
6 string? What's that?

wolfsd will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Congrats on the move to the "Dark Side".......MUAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA!!!!!!

steve

What would SLAYER do?
www.myspace.com/hannoverfiste
wolfsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #10
The Fusion Guy!

jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
The pickups, which really aren't all that bad, still have way too much bottom end for even my tastes. Things get very muddy on the wounds. Mahogany body, what do you think I should go with?
Duncan JB/Jazz combo. Great with mahogany. DiMarzio Blaze Custom would rock in the bridge, as well, since I know you are more of a DiMarzio guy.

As far as the tuners go, I can sympathize. Every Ibanez I've ever owned had crappy tuners. Most of their guitars have locknuts, so it's not as big a deal, but you really notice it on the fixed-bridge guitars. I'm kinda surprised about the fat neck, though, since it's an Ibanez.
Unread 09-29-2005, 11:26 AM   #11
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Hey, eleven59...

He got his first real 7 string.. got it of the ibanez line ;p
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2005, 11:36 AM   #12
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonplayer
I'm kinda surprised about the fat neck, though, since it's an Ibanez.
It's the most un-Ibanez neck I've played recently - unless you count the early '80s bolt-ons. In fact, it's kinda similar to a 7 string version of the bolt-on Destroyer from that era...
eaeolian is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2005, 11:38 AM   #13
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
I think its supposed to appeal to gibson types. I was never a fan of that neck, but mostly just cause it has 22 frets.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2005, 03:46 PM   #14
The Fusion Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian
It's the most un-Ibanez neck I've played recently - unless you count the early '80s bolt-ons. In fact, it's kinda similar to a 7 string version of the bolt-on Destroyer from that era...
I remember those old ones--especially the Roadstars. Those were basically strats with ugly headstocks. And you're right, they had thicker necks. I don't think the Wizards came in until the RG, though maybe some of the early 540s or ProLines had them, can't remember. That's been awhile.
Unread 09-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #15
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonplayer
Duncan JB/Jazz combo. Great with mahogany. DiMarzio Blaze Custom would rock in the bridge, as well, since I know you are more of a DiMarzio guy.
Actually, I'm a Duncan guy, but I put a Tone Zone in my RR because my standard JB/Jazz set didn't sound good in it. It was my first Dimarzio.

I never tried a JB/Jazz in a mahogany guitar, always Alder, which is why I asked first.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 09-29-2005, 05:44 PM   #16
The Fusion Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
I never tried a JB/Jazz in a mahogany guitar, always Alder, which is why I asked first.
The JB-7 sounds awesome in my C7 Blackjack, which has a mahogany body. Obviously it could be different in that Ibanez, but one thing I've found about JBs is that they are not very bottom-heavy compared to other high-output pickups. That's one reason I don't like 'em in Jacksons, since most neckthrus always seem to need a little more 'heft'. A Distortion-7 might not be bad, either, but things will get a little less 'sharp' that way.