homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #1

Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Who to Call for a Custom Mahogany Body???

I'm thinking about purchasing a nice new Mahogany body to go along with that spare UV7BK neck I now have lying around... Who should I call for quotes & why? If you have any previous track records with good/bad service/quality please enlighten me. Thanks in advance for the help...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Good to see you're going to follow through on my suggestion

Unfortunately I'm not sure who to call, as everyone who's known to do good work has astronomical wait times. Hopefully somebody else can be more helpful

Oh whatever you do avoid Legacy One Guitars (New Page 1)

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
H8ing Non Shermans

eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Normally I would say Chris Woods, but he is backlogged and not taking new orders for the forseeable future.

Try Noah James/Jim Donahue

Noahjames.com

If you talk to Jim, (both guys are ex-Ibanez) explain to him you have a Green dot bk with a "destroyed" body and would like to order another but this time in Mahogany. Thier work is flawless and the closest to EXACT Ibanez spec due to thier lengthy Ibanez employment. Both Popsyche and I have Noah James UV bodies.

Here is mine after severe customization:

eelblack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #4

Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Holy crap Lee! How come I have not ever seen that guitar before??? Thanks for the input... Do you know what they charge?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
H8ing Non Shermans

eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/eelblack2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Mine was from years ago so I have no idea of current costs. One thing, Jim is kinda squirelly lately about Ibanez replacements, so make sure you are telling him you are replacing a destroyed body, not just building a hybrid. You can read all about Jim in the Ibanez Untold story book thay have out now. He was a key player.

P.S. I have a bunch more 6's and 7's I should show you at some point, Im a custom whoa.

Here is some Mahogany, plus Spalted maple action for you:

More photos of it being cut and a video as well:

Exotic Wood Guitar Body10 construction
Unread 06-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #6
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eelblack2 View Post
Now that body is cool but WHERE DID YOU GET THAT NECK? WOW
And who did the finish? But the neck! The neck!

Soundcloud - New clip 9/16/2014
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #7
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like how that body looks like it's made out of limestone or something.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2007, 08:58 AM   #8
H8ing Non Shermans

The neck is actually a warmoth 7 string 25" scale neck with the paddlehead carved back down into an Ibanez shape. The neck pocket on the body had to be modified to allow for the 1/2 inch scale change. Fingerboard is jet black ebony. The finish is a hybrid of home made textured and metallic/non metallic paints clearcoated by Charvel quite a few years back. Its hard to see but there are actually metallic silver streaks in the body like a silver vein you would find while mining or some other earthy crap. The body is Swamp Ash and snaps like a somebitch. I did not build the guitar personally, I bought it that way from an ex-Kramer employee.
Unread 06-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #9
Beer Sewer

Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Mine was from years ago so I have no idea of current costs. One thing, Jim is kinda squirelly lately about Ibanez replacements, so make sure you are telling him you are replacing a destroyed body, not just building a hybrid. You can read all about Jim in the Ibanez Untold story book thay have out now. He was a key player.
+1 on Noah James. Mine is mahogany and sounds great! Jim called it a "replica of a Washburn that happens to be RG shaped"!

He was fast and the thing is perfect.

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

www.myspace.com/wfkoehleriii
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeo7bjr/index.html
Popsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #10
The Dude Abides

dtrax is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
The neck is actually a warmoth 7 string 25" scale neck with the paddlehead carved back down into an Ibanez shape.
Not stray OT, but how is the neck contour? Is it comfy to play? How's it compare to an Ibby neck?
dtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #11
H8ing Non Shermans

Its big - be warned. Bigger than a Schecter 7. If you are into thin Ibanez necks I would not advise a warmoth 7 neck.